View Poll Results: Can the Pats with Bill Belichick and a healthy Tom Brady win less than 8 games this y

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 50.00%
  • No

4 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pats HC and QB.

All League

The Pats HC and QB.

I was just checking out the NE Patriots roster, and came away not very impressed at all. I'm not going to DWC the Pats entire roster, but I do think there are alot of holes there.

I am usually careful to bet against their HC and QB. They are both future Hal of Famers.

So, here is my question to you all:

Can the Pats with Bill Belichick and a healthy Tom Brady win less than 8 games this year?

maybe a poll here, mods?

Practice Squad
    theres alot of talk out there that Brady is past his prime and the pats are on the downfall etc etc....that being said until Brady and the pats show that they are on the downfall they are still the team to beat in the AFCE. I think that the jets are going to dethrone them this year and take over 1st place in the division. To answer your question, it is possible that they win less than 8, as its possible that they go 16-0 or 0-16. They wont though, the Pats will win between 10-11 games, but still finish 2nd in the division to the Jets.....IMHO

imo the patsies will need to score lots of points to offset what's going to be given up by the defense. however brady has a bad arm and moss is that much older. welker may seem to be healed but that was in preseason. we'll see how he really in in a week.

All Pro
    Pats offense is going to be a powerhouse, they have good WR's and some threats at the TE position, there RB's I think are mediocre at best but also I believe they will fill there role and help produce a balanced O.

There D looks to be bad, but then again they have BB.

Brady to Moss is going to be a nightmare match up for most teams.

I would be surprised if they finished worse then 8/8.

All League
    Brady on the decline? I think that's wishful thinking...
    He looked pretty good in the 2nd half of last year and has looked great in preseason....

I think he's going to throw 40 td's this year personally. Also that defense isn't as good as it once was, but it still has some very good vets and some very good/emerging young talent...

It's going to be a dogfight this year between the Jets and Pats and it could go either way for the division...

Banned
    When looking at the Jets and Patriots roster, it's looking like the Jets are in strong position to win the AFC East this season, because of our defense which could become something special this season.

The Patriots may fight for a playoff spot but they have plenty of question marks on the defensive side of the ball. They also just lost their best CB for the season. Other than Wilfork, they have nothing on the D-Line. Their offense may have question marks surrounding the offensive line, same with the Jets and our LG position, but as long as the Pats have Brady under center, thats an offense to respect.

We'll know how good the Patriots are after week 8 when they've already played teams such as the Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Ravens, Chargers and Vikings. They also have the Bills and a bye week during the 1st 9 weeks. That schedule could end the season for the Patriots before it even started.
    Last edited by Bleed4TheGreen; 09-06-2010 at 09:29 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    He looked pretty good in the 2nd half of last year and has looked great in preseason....

I think he's going to throw 40 td's this year personally. Also that defense isn't as good as it once was, but it still has some very good vets and some very good/emerging young talent...

It's going to be a dogfight this year between the Jets and Pats and it could go either way for the division...
    Pretty much.

_

Undrafted Free Agent
    I love that DWC is now a verb.

All League
    I already posted in another thread that I thought the Pats would win 6 games this year. Brady is still great, but the rest of the team flat out sucks but no one wants to admit it because they are blinded by Belicheck and Brady.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I already posted in another thread that I thought the Pats would win 6 games this year. Brady is still great, but the rest of the team flat out sucks but no one wants to admit it because they are blinded by Belicheck and Brady.
    I can see them scoring alot of points, and winning games that they shouldn't. But I can see the Defense losing some for them too. I think they'll win 5 games in the firt half of the season, but sucking it up in the last 8.

8-8 sounds about right.

All League
    their defense is bad and will give up a lot of pints which means brady is going to have a big year, over 30 tds. also, moss is in a contract year so he will get 15tds. they will win 10 games

Veteran
    I can't see how its possible for the Pats to loose 8 games in a season. I don't think they have lost 2 games in a row for like 6 years.

I have a bad feeling we are going to get swept by them again this year, and be struggling to find a way to get a wildcard.

Every year the Pats dominate the AFCE, with their division record usually 5-1. Its very easy to get to 10 wins, when 5 come from division opponents.

brady has a sore arm. his elbow was drained in the preseason. moss is unhappy about his contrat with all of the wealth being thrown at revis and now brady. welker is not 100% no matter what they think. when the jets take away the underneath game, the patsies will be toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post

Veteran
    Yup, I get it. the Pats are doomed, they are destined to win 3 games, etc. etc. etc. etc. Wash, Rinse Repeat.

Can we just post the same exact threads forecasting the Pats demise from 2001-2009 off season.

Banned
    Can the Pats go 8-8 or worse this season?

There is a very distinct possibility of that happening this season. Their defense is in absolute shambles. They had holes before they lost Warren and Bodden for the season. Their offense will still put up a ton of points thanks to Brady and Moss but really I don't see this team doing better than 8-8 or 9-7 and that's being generous.

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Yup, I get it. the Pats are doomed, they are destined to win 3 games, etc. etc. etc. etc. Wash, Rinse Repeat.

Can we just post the same exact threads forecasting the Pats demise from 2001-2009 off season.
    Know one knew that the impending demise from 2001 -2009 was being thwarted by Belidick cheating the NFL.

Thanks for playing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post

The question was posed with respect to your great HC and great QB. Don't get too hysterical.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Can the Pats go 8-8 or worse this season?
    Yes, but so can the Jets.

So, shut the **** up.

Hall Of Fame
    no running game

and no defense

8-8 if they are very lucky

probably worse

no better than third place and if Brady gets dinged up in week 4 ---- 2-14

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    no running game

and no defense

8-8 if they are very lucky

probably worse

no better than third place and if Brady gets dinged up in week 4 ---- 2-14
    You wouldn't want to bet on that, would you, little sir soprano. You wouldn't want to back up just ONE of your myriad of misstatements about the Pats, huh? You wouldn't want to JUST ONE TIME show some guts??????

Make a bet, any bet based on your usual drivel. Because until you do, you are just another internet tough guy....and to quote the bard, who happened to describe you perfectly. "full of sound and fury......signifying NOTHING" -McBeth

We all are waiting