Thread: Going to study abroad in England next year...how the hell do I keep up with my JETS??

All League

Going to study abroad in England next year...how the hell do I keep up with my JETS??

I don't want to depend on streams, I need some god quality stuff here. Any ideas?

Veteran
    slingbox bro.

Hall Of Fame
    Screw that ****. Sign up immediately for that NFL.com offer to get Direct Ticket online.

This site has Jets fans from the USA that work abroad. Like Europe or China, Etc. This is a live stream with a chatroom to hang out and watch the games live with others from all over. I know there's a Jets fan from Ireland that's grateful to be able to see these games live. It is a superior and stable stream in comparison to the freebies.

The guy who runs it is a big time Jets fan. I've paid $25 for 3 months. So I can watch games on my computer no matter where I am.

Also live streams of Yankees..Mets...Giants...Knicks...Rangers and Devils.

Check it out and see if it soots your needs. Lol...tell him grin sent ya.

http://www.stealthshot.net/blog/

All Pro
    www.nfl.com/gamepass

A gift from the NFL gods for international NFL fans. An expensive gift, but well worth it!

The nationally televised games (Sunday night, Monday night) will also be shown live on the sports channels like Sky Sports or ESPN Europe. You just need to have a subscription, or know of a good bar where they show games, and then be prepared to stay up VERY late to watch them...

You will also get 2 or 3 games on Sky Sports on a Sunday, although it obviously won't always be the Jets games.

Really, you are spoiled for choice as an international fan these days with TV and internet coverage - a long way from the 80s, when we had to wait days for a highlights show on TV, wait a week for game reports in a magazine, or struggle to listen live via static-filled AFN broadcasts that cut in and out every couple of minutes.
    Last edited by mrcoops; 09-10-2010 at 03:22 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    and Mr Coops is DA MAN on this topic

one of the most knowledgeable and passionate Jet fans I know even with his location across the pond.

also knows good golden brownish malt liquids when he sees them

you will have to adjust to staying up all night to watch night games though which start at something like 1 or 2 AM and end at dawn --

Undrafted Free Agent
    Its pretty easy to keep up over here. You can pay for the NFL games for the full season on the internet, but thats expensive. I pay $30 for the Audio pass and listen to the games that way, then grab the download from 10 yard torrents the next day to watch when I can.

Channel 4 (free in the UK) show the sunday night games live, while Sky (pay tv) show 2 games on a sunday, the Jets Pats is on week 2.

Espn (pay) shows MNF.

I love the radio coverage tbh, maybe because back in the 80's that was all we had for live football, we used to tune in to Armed Forces Network to listen. It faded in and out but was lifeline back in those days.

Where are you coming to for studying?

All League
    http://www.thesportscafe.com/london/

check out the Sports Cafe, on Haymarket..in central London. Tons of Yanks there on Sundays watching NFL games

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsman51 View Post
    I don't want to depend on streams, I need some god quality stuff here. Any ideas?
    are you for real? asking a question like that! dont you know about the computer and its technology. dude for a few pennies or pound/dollars and cents you can watch anything anywhere in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    If you are maintaining a US address or have reliable access to one, your parents house for example then the Slingbox is definitely the way to go. You are then master of your own fate and if there is anything else you want to watch, say SNY or Hard Knocks or anything at all that is on the cable system of your cable provider then you will also have access to that.

There was a package deal last week for Slingbox solo and the player for mobile devices for $120 so it is possible to get deals like this from time to time.

Problem with the NFL online package is that games are blacked out in the UK if Sky Sports decides to carry them. Needless to say, the better the Jets do this year, the more likely they will be blacked out. And unless you're a big English soccer fan, the cost of a Sky Sports subscription is prohibitive.

Banned
    They now have electricity there - running water too!

Next step; quality dental care.

All Pro
    Why England of all places, just curious. London is New York, just not as good.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    This site has Jets fans from the USA that work abroad. Like Europe or China, Etc. This is a live stream with a chatroom to hang out and watch the games live with others from all over. I know there's a Jets fan from Ireland that's grateful to be able to see these games live. It is a superior and stable stream in comparison to the freebies.

The guy who runs it is a big time Jets fan. I've paid $25 for 3 months. So I can watch games on my computer no matter where I am.

Also live streams of Yankees..Mets...Giants...Knicks...Rangers and Devils.

Check it out and see if it soots your needs. Lol...tell him grin sent ya.

http://www.stealthshot.net/blog/
    That's for that link mate, I'll have to check that out. It sure as hell beats paying $250 a year for the NFL Season Pass.

Rookie
    I use the Gamepass, and it is great. Quality is amazing, I watch the games on a big HD screen and it looks better then the game broadcasted by ESPN America even though I can't use the full 3000Kbps. You can watch the game whenever you want, although the sunday games are blacked out if shown life on Sky at the same time. You can watch them as soon as they are finished though, and no blackouts on monday or thursday. It is a very useful feature if you plan to sleep around 3 am while the sunday/monday night football games are being played.
    On the other hand, if you don't have a decent internet-connection or a big screen, it might not be worth the money.
    College Football is on ESPN America, but not that many games.

Veteran
    Where in England?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What's here name.....