Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Congrads To Matt Slauson!!! (-;

  1. #1
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039

    Congrads To Matt Slauson!!! (-;

    Guess who won the LG starting position? From Rex Ryan Presser:


    On who will start at left guard…
    Matt Slauson will start.

    On if Slauson is up to the pressure of starting…
    I do (believe he is). That’s why he’s in there. We can move Rob Turner over, he’s a backup center/guard. We can do different things, but we have confidence that Slauson will do a great job for him.

    On if the Baltimore defense will blitz more with a new left guard in the starting line-up…
    I think so. It’s the way you game plan. They have one of the best inside pass rusher in the game in Trevor Pryce. It’s not going to be easy. We’ll challenge them. I think this young man is up to the challenge.



    Good luck Matt. Now get out there, protect your QB and go hit somebody!

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    He's clearly the only option (outside of the few that believe Turner could do it)

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Guess who won the LG starting position? From Rex Ryan Presser:


    On who will start at left guard…
    Matt Slauson will start.

    On if Slauson is up to the pressure of starting…
    I do (believe he is). That’s why he’s in there. We can move Rob Turner over, he’s a backup center/guard. We can do different things, but we have confidence that Slauson will do a great job for him.

    On if the Baltimore defense will blitz more with a new left guard in the starting line-up…
    I think so. It’s the way you game plan. They have one of the best inside pass rusher in the game in Trevor Pryce. It’s not going to be easy. We’ll challenge them. I think this young man is up to the challenge.



    Good luck Matt. Now get out there, protect your QB and go hit somebody!
    Nice read LL...Slauson can do the job he'll get done..BTW what has happen to JG....jetgirl she dosent post here anymore? is she alright?

  4. #4
    Slauson gets the job until Vlad starts to really get it.

    Vlad is a good year and a half younger than Slauson so it's gonna take some time, but he has every raw tool. Obviously, some guys don't end up figuring it out, but I'm willing to bet that Vlad does.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,654
    I found it interesting that the first option behind Slauson is Turner, not Ducasse. Obvioulsy Vlad is further down the depth chart. Might struggle to get activated this year, injuries not withstanding.

    Thank goodness we didn't grab this guy in Round 1.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,128
    The CS is probably also hoping Slauson works out so they can begin grooming Ducasse to take Damien Woody's spot next year. That would be the best case scenario for them.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Nice read LL...Slauson can do the job he'll get done..BTW what has happen to JG....jetgirl she dosent post here anymore? is she alright?
    Through a United Nations' initiative, she's among a group of concerned U.S. citizens charged with bringing the E! Channel to the indigenous tribes of the Amazon.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,108
    Slauson is one of the most important guys on the team. It's his job to keep DuCasse off the field.

    They should be calling DuCasse the Terminator, because if Ducasse plays, Sanchez's season will be terminated.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Slauson gets the job until Vlad starts to really get it.

    Vlad is a good year and a half younger than Slauson so it's gonna take some time, but he has every raw tool. Obviously, some guys don't end up figuring it out, but I'm willing to bet that Vlad does.
    vs. washington I saw Vlad get spun like a wheel one play vs. haynesworth...two plays later Ducasse stonewalled Haynesworth one on one...the potential is absolutely there..needs coaching..good thing we have callahan.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Slauson is one of the most important guys on the team. It's his job to keep DuCasse off the field.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    The CS is probably also hoping Slauson works out so they can begin grooming Ducasse to take Damien Woody's spot next year. That would be the best case scenario for them.
    +1

    Vlad looks like a RT to me. Good feet, Plenty big enough, Good run-blocker.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Slauson is one of the most important guys on the team.
    You aint kidding, Clem.


    _

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    +1

    Vlad looks like a RT to me. Good feet, Plenty big enough, Good run-blocker.
    Bit saw him up close at the senior bowl and said he struggled a LOT as a tackle and he really struggled at guard this preseason.

    However obviously the physical traits are all there....size, strength, athleticism, he just might need 2 years until he is ready to start at this level.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Slauson gets the job until Vlad starts to really get it.

    Vlad is a good year and a half younger than Slauson so it's gonna take some time, but he has every raw tool. Obviously, some guys don't end up figuring it out, but I'm willing to bet that Vlad does.
    Oh my! Someone with inside information! WOW!

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,372
    Slauss will be better on both pass and run than the turnstile he replaced

    Vlad will IMO not be on the active 45 for more than 4 games of the first 8 if that many. Hopefully with additional coaching from Callahan et al, he can work his way into the active 45 in October and maybe even find his way on the field, if needed, later in the season.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Guess who won the LG starting position? From Rex Ryan Presser:


    On who will start at left guard…
    Matt Slauson will start.

    On if Slauson is up to the pressure of starting…
    I do (believe he is). That’s why he’s in there. We can move Rob Turner over, he’s a backup center/guard. We can do different things, but we have confidence that Slauson will do a great job for him.

    On if the Baltimore defense will blitz more with a new left guard in the starting line-up…
    I think so. It’s the way you game plan. They have one of the best inside pass rusher in the game in Trevor Pryce. It’s not going to be easy. We’ll challenge them. I think this young man is up to the challenge.



    Good luck Matt. Now get out there, protect your QB and go hit somebody!
    Great post Limo. It was a joy to read. so many just seem to have a need to be against SLAUSON. Its a disturbing thing without even allowing the guy time to play in the NFL. He will get added experience but from what we all saw in preseason, he is a tough hombre. IMO there is no reason to doubt slauson at this time and I doubt we ever will.

  17. #17
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Bit saw him up close at the senior bowl and said he struggled a LOT as a tackle and he really struggled at guard this preseason.

    However obviously the physical traits are all there....size, strength, athleticism, he just might need 2 years until he is ready to start at this level.
    It wasn't a surprise that he struggled at the senior bowl vs. pro prospects from major colleges. He didn't exactly play in a powerhouse college football program at Umass. So, his learning curve is rather large. But what we can see from Vlad is that he's athletically gifted for a big man. I agree with you, that it may take time for him to start. I do think, however, that it will be at RT.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    In Vlads best scenario this year, wasn't he supposed to play a season at LG and then take over for Woody at RT in 2011 and beyond?

  19. #19
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Great post Limo. It was a joy to read. so many just seem to have a need to be against SLAUSON. Its a disturbing thing without even allowing the guy time to play in the NFL. He will get added experience but from what we all saw in preseason, he is a tough hombre. IMO there is no reason to doubt slauson at this time and I doubt we ever will.
    Thanks & IMO I think the best man got the job. I like Vlad Ducasse and hope he can step up, but the team doesn't really have time for a "project player" right now.



    As for Techjet's question: Hey Dawg, nice to see on the board and IDK where JG has been. Haven't seen or talked to her in years, but I hope all is well.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    He's clearly the only option (outside of the few that believe Turner could do it)
    Right, but Good Luck Matt, I know you see Red.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us