Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought Jason Taylor played well

Veteran

I thought Jason Taylor played well

1 bright spot to me on Monday night was Jayson Taylor especially against the run... i have not watched the game again because it was to brutal the first time so its possible i missed plenty of things... but it seemed to me Taylor was always around the football

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Monday Defensive Ratings:

Excellent Performers:

Bryan Thomas
    Sean Ellis
    Mike DeVito
    Sione Pouha
    Bart Scott
    Bryan Thomas
    Darrelle Revis

Jason Taylor was above average also. Our defense will be solid the entire season. His pass rush lacked, but was great against the run.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Monday Defensive Ratings:

Excellent Performers:

Bryan Thomas
    Sean Ellis
    Mike DeVito
    Sione Pouha
    Bart Scott
    Bryan Thomas
    Darrelle Revis

Jason Taylor was above average also. Our defense will be solid the entire season. His pass rush lacked, but was great against the run.
    did anybody besides Sean Ellis create a natural pass rush from our line

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

He set the edge well and made some good tackles on the runningbacks, a really solid game.

All League
    vaild point, JT did play really well, I wasn't sold on him especially because of his showing on HK but I'll give credit where credit is due, he was a major factor in shutting down Ray Rice on the outside

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He set the edge well and made some good tackles on the runningbacks, a really solid game.
    +1 He was surprisingly effective against the run and played like a savvy veteran that he is. At one point he had 2 blockers with their arms on him but he managed to wriggle, free an arm and reeled in Ray Rice. I was impressed with his game and am beginning to respect the guy more.

Even though he was a despised Fish he's valuable addition to our D and plays committed and with guts, he showed his good motor though I was he had more impact with his pass rush i.e. sacks. I recall the other Jet players highfiving him and acknowledging his efforts during the game, so he's won their respect too.

Hall Of Fame
    He did play very, very well. The passrush will come. I wish we had another natural passrusher though. It must be acquired in the draft!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    vaild point, JT did play really well, I wasn't sold on him especially because of his showing on HK but I'll give credit where credit is due, he was a major factor in shutting down Ray Rice on the outside
    +1 I was a non believer in JT, but I gotta give credit and admit when I was wrong, JT played pretty solid Monday Night. His Pass Rush was lacking, but surprisingly good against the run.

Banned
    Taylor played great on monday i can't wait to get pace back imagine when we can put a fresh jason taylor in the fourth quarter the linebackers look great this year

Rookie
    JT did play very well, he seemed to get a lot of excellent jump on the QB too, it seemed like every time I saw someone get a a quick jump it was him... Sacks will be coming soon.... BT played an excellent game too.

Same story as last year. He wasn't a very effective pass rusher, but he was a really well rounded OLB. If he starts all year for you guys, he'll be useless by December though.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Ellis was terrific...he did a great job exploiting marshall yanda, who has not ability to play tackle- right from the get-go when i saw giather was out and they pushed yanda from guard to RT i was yelling for them to exploit the offensive right side and to their credit they did...

Veteran
    the whole front 7 played great

All Pro
    i thought taylor played great..he was a force in the run game....one funny note..when taylor got dinged up you could see him slowly walking back to the huddle and BTrain telling him something along the lines of 'if you're out here, you're out here otherwise sit down.' We def need to win to keep Taylor's head in the season. Taylor owns the Pats so let's see how he does Sunday..I expect a great game by him.

All Pro
    This man worries me. He has been in Brady and Belichick's head more than once. I expect him to have his best game of the season on Sunday.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MACPAC View Post
    This man worries me. He has been in Brady and Belichick's head more than once. I expect him to have his best game of the season on Sunday.
    I would love to see him come around the edge and nail brady with a huge hit...then I will finally like him

Banned
    Taylor played well and showed he can even play the run as an OLB.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We really need to draft a natural pass rusher in this years draft. JT is washed up from his former self obviously, but you can just see how much of a difference it makes when you dont have to send 8.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    taylor played very well lots of intensity and ellis played great as well lots of intensity i havent seen from him in a long time...cant wait for pace to come back to get it going ever more for this D and howard green will help us out with the rotation and keeping the middle guys fresh.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by CW_McGraw View Post
    Same story as last year. He wasn't a very effective pass rusher, but he was a really well rounded OLB. If he starts all year for you guys, he'll be useless by December though.
    Pace will be back next week, week 4 at the latest.

Jason Taylor has a great role on this team, and he will be very effective in it.

I think he'll have a great game on Sunday.