Thread: Unleash the Beast: Rob Turner

Rookie

Unleash the Beast: Rob Turner

At what point do you think the Jets should contemplate putting Turner in at LG? Is it already? If Slauson continues to struggle does that become an option?

I understand they are keeping him as a backup because of his versatility but I'm just curious as to what some of you though.

Veteran
    I'm not sure how Slauson "struggled"?
    He played a pretty good game. Got beat once (badly) by Haloti Ngata. Who could very well be the best DL in the game of football.
    Slauson will be fine.
    Relax.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadOwnsBrady View Post
    At what point do you think the Jets should contemplate putting Turner in at LG? Is it already? If Slauson continues to struggle does that become an option?

I understand they are keeping him as a backup because of his versatility but I'm just curious as to what some of you though.
    If you listened to Ryan's presser he stated that Slauson played well except for that one play where Ngata beat him 1 on 1. Ngata does that to a lot of people.

I think they have to let this guy develop.

Practice Squad
    i didn't really see Slauson struggle. he did surprisingly well for his first NFL start as far as i was concerned.

Damien Woody now... that guy struggled.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadOwnsBrady View Post
    do you think the Jets should contemplate putting Turner in at LG?

Can we get Alan Faneca back from AZ?

on both counts.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Players are going to have to play to get experience, the one positive if it works is you have 3 positions G,RB QB, learning together, that has just as much up side as down.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the time was 3 weeks ago. Apple Slaus can't stand up straight. He's mushy.

All Pro
    spoken like a typical fan..one big play he gets blown up by argueably the best NT in the league and he stinks..slauson held more than his own against one of the more talented front 7 in the league

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TDJETS10 View Post
    I'm not sure how Slauson "struggled"?
    He played a pretty good game. Got beat once (badly) by Haloti Ngata. Who could very well be the best DL in the game of football.
    Slauson will be fine.
    Relax.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    If you listened to Ryan's presser he stated that Slauson played well except for that one play where Ngata beat him 1 on 1. Ngata does that to a lot of people.

I think they have to let this guy develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Bum View Post
    i didn't really see Slauson struggle. he did surprisingly well for his first NFL start as far as i was concerned.

Damien Woody now... that guy struggled.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeskerLogan View Post
    spoken like a typical fan..one big play he gets blown up by argueably the best NT in the league and he stinks..slauson held more than his own against one of the more talented front 7 in the league
    Finally some common sense. If it were Grandpa Alan in there it would have been happening all night... but it's okay... he had probowlzz

All Pro
    that being said I think Turner will become our RT of the future if Vlad doesn't develop next season.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    if the offense played better, we could say he held his own. the offense sucked and he got embarrassed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    if the offense played better, we could say he held his own. the offense sucked and he got embarrassed.
    but to say he struggled because of one play is silly..yes the entire offense struggled, everyone from brick to cotch singling out slauson seems presumptuous at best

All League
    Could you imagine Turner out there jawing and getting heated against the Ravens with THAT officiating crew? We would have had double the penalties cause we all know dough boy Turner can't control his temper

JetsInsider.com Legend
    but to say he struggled because of one play is silly..yes the entire offense struggled, everyone from brick to cotch singling out slauson seems presumptuous at best
    if the Jets can lose by 1 point then 1 play (a 3rd down) could really have made the difference.

I agree the whole offense but LT and Mangold struggled but there are degrees.

harp on Slaus cause OL is what I like to watch. But rest assured the skill positions except LT and Brad Smith were pretty bad. Brick and Woody made mistakes

If we asked who were the top 5 players who caused the team to lose, I'd say all 5 were offensive players. Edwards, Greene, Slauson, Cotch and Woody in that order. Trich was not so great. Sanchez I thought did ok. But QBs get all the attention.

the D turned in a top 5 performance and the ST were also very good (top 10 maybe). the O was 31st in the league bad.