Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Sign Woodhead

All Pro

Patriots Sign Woodhead

Wow! I'm reporting that the Patriots have signed former Jets WR/RB Danny Woodhead for their 53rd spot. Game on.
    http://twitter.com/RapSheet

Veteran
    I wonder if he will be a captain tomorrow...

All League
    Danny Woodhead is the white Julian Edelman.

Hall Of Fame
    Seems kinda pointless to sign him on Saturday, when the gameplan for the week has already been implemented. But whatever.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    Seems kinda pointless to sign him on Saturday, when the gameplan for the week has already been implemented. But whatever.
    I think Woodhead has been with the team all week, and they kept it quiet. Thing is, is that legal?

There is NO reason for the Pats to sign a guy like Woodhead, NONE, makes no sense other than for gamesmanship and a peek at what we do offensively.

It's sad, if he were actually a legit player with potenial, I could see it, Woodhead will be cut in a couple of weeks.

Pats still cheating, sad.

I hope the Jets file a formal claim about the timing of the signing, and have the league investigate whether Woodhead was there all week.

Hall Of Fame
    Oh and incarceratedbob deserves credit, he had info that Woodhead was visiting the Pats earlier in the week.

Banned
    didn`t the Jets do the same thing, then make the guy a Capt.?

Charter JI Member
    not surprised at all, the Pasts have been attempting gamesmanship all week

i already confirmed this last week right after we released him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 349-12-x4 View Post
    didn`t the Jets do the same thing, then make the guy a Capt.?
    Kevin O'Connell says hi. Deal with it.

Veteran
    shocking

Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    Danny Woodhead is the white Julian Edelman.
    Julian Edelman is the white Julian Edelman.

All League
    watch him put up 100 yds against us lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I think Woodhead has been with the team all week, and they kept it quiet. Thing is, is that legal?

There is NO reason for the Pats to sign a guy like Woodhead, NONE, makes no sense other than for gamesmanship and a peek at what we do offensively.

It's sad, if he were actually a legit player with potenial, I could see it, Woodhead will be cut in a couple of weeks.

Pats still cheating, sad.

I hope the Jets file a formal claim about the timing of the signing, and have the league investigate whether Woodhead was there all week.
    get a grip, please.

the Jets have done this same thing in games past with the Pats where they've signed whatever outcast they cut right before the game, and then we usually disposed of them shortly after the game. any team can sign any player they want, theres no rule that says chowds can't sign ex Jets before a game with the Jets. get a freaking grip.

let me guess, if the Pats beat us tomorrow, this is the already built in excuse, that they signed Danny ****ing Woodhead right from out from under us and therefore cheated their way to a win?

read the thread on here when Woodhead got cut- everybody and their mother knew the Chowds were likely to sign him. the only surprise i guess is that it came so late. if our beloved Jets didnt want offensive information to be divulged to the chowds, maybe they shouldn't have cut anyone prior to the chowds game, knowing that the chowds would be salivating to pick up anybody with information to share. if the chowds get a morsel of information from Woodhead about our offense, then that's on us for getting rid of the guy, not on the chowds for taking advantage of it and picking him up. like i said two times already, get a freaking grip and dont even think about using this as an excuse of why we might lose. if this team goes 0-2, the Super Bowl is over and we're looking at 8-8 at best. if Danny Woodhead going to the other team is the biggest thing that stands between the Jets and going 1-1, then this team has much bigger problems than a little bit of gamesmanship (that we knew was going to happen) from the chowds.

Hall Of Fame
    I felt itwas a mistake to let go of WOODHEAD. Watch him develop into a younger, faster Welker for the Pattycakes. Talk about biting us in the butt! But at least we got a one dimensional player out of it: aka THE CLOWN

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post
    Julian Edelman is the white Julian Edelman.
    WTF is a Julian Edelman?.... am gonna watch Woodhead on the side lines this week too.see who he talks to. this is gonna be funnn.

All League
    This news saddens me.

He's OUR little f**ker!

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    WTF is a Julian Edelman?.... am gonna watch Woodhead on the side lines this week too.see who he talks to. this is gonna be funnn.
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I felt itwas a mistake to let go of WOODHEAD. Watch him develop into a younger, faster Welker for the Pattycakes. Talk about biting us in the butt! But at least we got a one dimensional player out of it: aka THE CLOWN
    Younger faster Wes Welker? That's Julian Edelman aka Wes Welker 2.0

Woodhead is just the next Julian Edelman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    FTW
    The Pats took Woodhead instead of the Clown when he was available..