Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Question for tomorrow

Biggest Question for tomorrow

No Pace , Jenkens, NE will attempt to max protect brady , can we generate a pass rush unlike in Foxboro last year ? I believe this one will be on Rex and Pettine , what u think ?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Brady stood back against the Bengals and had a month and a half on each play.

All the Revis's in the world won't save us if that happens.

Banned
    Thankfully, we hired one of the best defensive minds in football to help us in this very situation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

If the corners can cover it really doesn't matter who we have in the front 7, we'll send more blitzers than they can block. The key matchup of course is Wilson on Welker.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Thankfully, we hired one of the best defensive minds in football to help us in this very situation.
    Excellent point, my Revis-inspired friend.

<-------Rex will save us.

why all this love for the patsies? the jets don't have pace and jenkins. the patsies don't have mankins and kaczur and matt light has become a revolving door. they also have a bunch of rookies and first year players in key positions. brandon "one game" tate? since when has the bellichicken ever drafted well? i mean let's not lose sight of the fact that the patsies have some serious holes. if the jets don't get a pass rush it will be on ryan and pettine for not figuring out how. not because pace and jenkins aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    If the corners can cover it really doesn't matter who we have in the front 7, we'll send more blitzers than they can block. The key matchup of course is Wilson on Welker.
    I would rather see Revis on him and double Moss. Might have more success. I think Brady - Welker will eat Wilson alive. It is only the kids 2nd game as a pro and he will face two of the best in the bizz.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    why all this love for the patsies? the jets don't have pace and jenkins. the patsies don't have mankins and kaczur and matt light has become a revolving door. they also have a bunch of rookies and first year players in key positions. brandon "one game" tate? since when has the bellichicken ever drafted well? i mean let's not lose sight of the fact that the patsies have some serious holes. if the jets don't get a pass rush it will be on ryan and pettine for not figuring out how. not because pace and jenkins aren't there.
    Thomas looked better on Monday than Pace has ever looked in a Jet uniform

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Thomas looked better on Monday than Pace has ever looked in a Jet uniform
    +1

He does that every game, and Pace returning is just gravy.

Practice Squad
    That makes me so nervous. Welker is an excellent route runner. I would rather Revis cover him and put Cromartie on Moss.

Key Matchup: Mark Sanchez vs. Mark Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by jets323 View Post
    No Pace , Jenkens, NE will attempt to max protect brady , can we generate a pass rush unlike in Foxboro last year ? I believe this one will be on Rex and Pettine , what u think ?
    Same question as last year, we know what the D is capable of, will the O play well enough to score enough points to win the game? The D will have it's bad games, it can't be tomorrow.

i was thinking the same thing about cromartie on moss. the problem here is that cromartie will hand check moss when going for a long pass and get called. the sad thing is that cromartie has enough speed and size so he doesn't have to put his hands on the receiver to cover him. revis on welker? not sure. revis hamstring was acting up although welker is not 100%. i'd watch for the te matchup on leonhard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahataman View Post
    That makes me so nervous. Welker is an excellent route runner. I would rather Revis cover him and put Cromartie on Moss.

Key Matchup: Mark Sanchez vs. Mark Sanchez

All Pro
    I think a max-protect scheme goes against what the Pats want to do, and that's to get their new TE toys heavily involved. I think they will take their chances against the blitzes with bunch formations that create mismatches for the TEs or rubs for Welker to exploit.

Practice Squad
    Alright leonhard on welker is good and revis vs moss nothin new there and Tate vs cro no way and u can have all year to throw but no one open means no completion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2nd generation jet fan View Post
    Alright leonhard on welker is good
    Jesus...

Please, no.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

We drafted Wilson for games like this, we chip Welker with a linebacker and let Wilson stay on him from there. I'll take my chances with that rather than Donald Strickland on him.

Banned
    We drafted Wilson for games like this, we chip Welker with a linebacker and let Wilson stay on him from there. I'll take my chances with that rather than Donald Strickland on him.
    After watching him not being able to cover Boldin, you're okay with this.

Essentially, Welker is not better than Boldin.

Talent wise, route running wise, etc...

Just trying to understand how that logic is acceptable because in my eyes, I'd crucify Rex for it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

After watching him not being able to cover Boldin, you're okay with this.

Essentially, Welker is not better than Boldin.

Talent wise, route running wise, etc...

Just trying to understand how that logic is acceptable because in my eyes, I'd crucify Rex for it.
    Apples and oranges, Boldin and Welker are completely different receivers.

Besides Revis, Wilson's the only DB on the team with the hips and quickness to stay with Welker. If (when) Wilson gets beat it won't be because he's physically incapable.

If Welker lined up against Strickland, Sheppard, or Lowery and told them what route he was going to run, they couldn't do anything about it. With Wilson we have a fighting chance. And he'll get some help from either a LB or S too.

All Pro
    Apples and oranges, Boldin and Welker are completely different receivers.

Besides Revis, Wilson's the only DB on the team with the hips and quickness to stay with Welker. If (when) Wilson gets beat it won't be because he's physically incapable.

If Welker lined up against Strickland, Sheppard, or Lowery and told them what route he was going to run, they couldn't do anything about it. With Wilson we have a fighting chance. And he'll get some help from either a LB or S too.
    From what we've seen so far Wilson is a pretty good tackler too...nothing worse then Welker catching the ball 5 yards before the 1st down, breaks one tackle and goes for 10.

All League

Not on Rex and Pettine, on Tannenbaum... for not getting any pass rush help in the offseason. No, JT doesn't count, unless we've time traveled back about 5 years. We have no elite pass rushers on this roster, and when the blitz isn't working, it shows. The reason Brady is 13-3 against us in his career is that we've rarely ever pressured him. Last year's home game was a rare exception. Give him time tomorrow, and we're done.