Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Campbell benching

All Pro

Jason Campbell benching

This is a big surprise to me. Has he been that bad? I haven't seen a second of the Raiders this year. Raiders12897498374.. thoughts? I thought he was the savior?

Hall Of Fame
    He hasn't been particuarly good, but you would figure they would give him more then a game and a half to acclimate himself to a new team. Just a very short-sighted move on the Raiders part, IMO (Not that we've come to expect anything different). He's obviously their best option.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Mc Nabb, Vick, Campbell, Young all going no where

All Pro
    Bruce Gradkowski is better. He was better last year, too.

He's a total Jeff Garcia -- a pretty good QB nobody wants to believe is good.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Bruce Gradkowski is better. He was better last year, too.

He's a total Jeff Garcia -- a pretty good QB nobody wants to believe is good.
    Mainly because there's no reason to think he is good, be it his career 53% Completion Percentage, 5.48 YPA, 16-17 TD:INT ratio, 66 QB Rating, or his notoriously weak arm.

His only redeeming quality was not being JaMarcus Russell last year. And now they actually have a relatively competent QB in Campbell, and they're going to bench him for this scrub? Are you kidding me?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    He hasn't been particuarly good, but you would figure they would give him more then a game and a half to acclimate himself to a new team. Just a very short-sighted move on the Raiders part, IMO (Not that we've come to expect anything different). He's obviously their best option.
    One thing you can say for the Raiders... they are not afraid of making a change.

All League
    bad move. maybe having a good wide receiver would help things along for campbell. gradkowski is not any good. as a starter, he's been exposed. he's a decent backup, though. campbell needs more time, but i think the coaching staff is playing for their jobs this year, so changes get made for the short term.

Hall Of Fame
    Remember when Raidersfan902whatever was saying that Campbell hadnt reached his ceiling yet and that it would be higher than Sanchez's, lollll

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    bad move. maybe having a good wide receiver would help things along for campbell. gradkowski is not any good. as a starter, he's been exposed. he's a decent backup, though. campbell needs more time, but i think the coaching staff is playing for their jobs this year, so changes get made for the short term.
    75% of the time changes like this to the QB position=failure. I guess that would keeep everything right on par in that beautiful city by the bay.

All Pro
    I mean, jason Campbell has been sucking for the past 4 years. Why would it be any different this year? Gradkowski might not be the most gifted guy, but you cant deny that he competes out there and gives every ounce of effort into the game.

Campbell is like a zombie out there. No emotion. Great move by the raiders. At least they have only wasted 1 1/2 games on cambpell before they saw what washington took 4 years to see.

Banned
    The Raiders are the worst.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That Seymour pick is looking better and better.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Soooo. What are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    That Seymour pick is looking better and better.
    1 and 1 though.

Pats will screw up the pick anyway though if their past drafting is any indication.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Soooo. What are you trying to say?
    Same basic mold, run around, chuck and hope, clock mngt., sand lot. I actually thought Campbell had a chance he was a lil better on some of those weaknesses, but I guess not.

All League
    the raiders have no patience

Waterboy
    Committment to Excellence hasn't been implemented for years...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    McNabb? He's a been a very good QB for a decade who's off to a great start this year. I agree that Campbell is terrible, and I never understood the Vince Young love, but Vick could be good, and McNabb has been off to a good start.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    the raiders have no patience
    Al Davis has one decrepit foot in the grave. What do you expect?

Hall Of Fame
    What happened to ButtRaiders54321splat? I thought for sure he'd be all over this thread.