Thread: I like this kid Xavier Omon...

I like this kid Xavier Omon...

like his build and running style. You have to question the competition he played against in college, but he was a dominant back. I want my third guy to be a no nonsense move the chains type of guy. Chauncey was that guy and I think Omon is similar, maybe even more explosive. When they ask him who he likens his game to he says Priest Holmes, there are worse guys you can emulate, so we have a poor man's Priest Holmes... I'll take it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn9_Y1KANpg&feature=fvw

Check out some of his highlights too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    like his build and running style. You have to question the competition he played against in college, but he was a dominant back. I want my third guy to be a no nonsense move the chains type of guy. Chauncey was that guy and I think Omon is similar, maybe even more explosive. When they ask him who he likens his game to he says Priest Holmes, there are worse guys you can emulate, so we have a poor man's Priest

Would that make him Friar Omon?

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Would that make him Friar Omon?

All League
    I think Omon has a bigger upside than Chauncy, but can he play specials...

Waterboy
    Xavier Omon, another Nebraska boy. The kid sure has talent, but he was always in Woodhead's shadow, in the same division and competition. Woodhead's performance was far and above Omon's, not even close. Glad for him that he got signed, the Jets are going to need the backup when LT or Greene goes down.

All Pro
    agree the kid has potential...let's see what he can do for us..if he's got somethin' chances are we'll get it out of him or he'll stick on if he's got it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dco20 View Post
    Xavier Omon, another Nebraska boy. The kid sure has talent, but he was always in Woodhead's shadow, in the same division and competition. Woodhead's performance was far and above Omon's, not even close. Glad for him that he got signed, the Jets are going to need the backup when LT or Greene goes down.
    I don't see how anyone could possibly be in Woodhead's shadow...unless you're a lilliputian.