Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IF the Jets were to make it to the big game, what path would you want them to take?

JetsInsider.com Legend

IF the Jets were to make it to the big game, what path would you want them to take?

I think about the teams that have overcome long losing streaks or break a supposed "curse" to get a championship. For example, the NY Rangers getting to the Stanley Cup by crushing the Islanders, then beating the Caps before winning in 7 games against the NJ Devils. That was exactly the way you'd want to see them go through the playoffs on the way to exorcising a 54 year demon.

Similarly, the Boston Red Sox won their first World Series in forever only after a miraculous comeback and ALCS win over their arch rival Yankees.

So, IF the Jets were to somehow get to the SB, what path would you want them to take. Who would you want them to beat in the AFC to get there, and maybe who would you want to play in the big game?

I think to really have a shot they'll need the #1 or #2 seed in the AFC and get a first round bye. I'd like to see them beat either the Pats or Colts in the Divisional Round and then the Steelers to get to the Super Bowl. I think the toughest teams are Pitt and Baltimore right now but I don't hate Baltimore as much as I do NE, Pitt and Indy.

As for the big game, it would be cool to beat an historic NFL franchise like the Cowboys, Bears or Packers but Dallas likely won't even sniff the playoffs.

All League
    I couldn't care less the route they take. It's been too long for me to be picky. Just get there.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    As for the big game, it would be cool to beat an historic NFL franchise
    like the Cowboys, Bears or Packers OR GIANTS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx View Post
    That would be the apocalypse!!!

Franchesca would chug a bowl of pasta and jump off a building!

Veteran
    Baltimore
    Pats
    Giants

All League
    I wouldn't want to be the Rangers, who are woking on another 54 years til a cup....sure i'd love one, but i'd also like a yearly winner...

All League
    Colts
    Pats
    Giants

I want to say that we beat the two great HOF QBs of our time and I want to stick in the faces of Giant fans forever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    I couldn't care less the route they take. It's been too long for me to be picky. Just get there.
    And Win.

+1

Undrafted Free Agent
    So, IF the Jets were to somehow get to the SB, what path would you want them to take. Who would you want them to beat in the AFC to get there, and maybe who would you want to play in the big game?
    I've got 2:

1.) Old school and totally unrealistic: Beat the Pats in the Divisional Round (1 and done for Bellischmuck and Tom Bieber). Crush Miami at home in the Championship game. Get an overtime win against the Giants in the Super Bowl.

2.) More realistic: Steelers in the divisional round (lost to Balt twice during the regular season, so Balt was division champ and Pitt was wild card that advanced past wildcard round by destroying feeb AFC West division champ).

Crush Baltimore in the Championship game at home (they stick it to Peyton at home in Baltimore as revenge for last year during the divisional round) - tell Suggs, Lewis, Reed, and Harbaugh to all go jump off a cliff in the back of Junior Seau's SUV.

SuperBowl - Could be Giants? Which would be awesome.

But I'd settle for destroying Favre and making sure he retires for GOOD, especially after the Vikes sneak into the playoffs, win 3 straight to get to the Super Bowl, and have all the prognosticators/media types slobbering all over them and saying "it'll be a very different result than Oct 11th at the Meadowlands".

Those are mine!

All Pro
    Jets/Saints will play for the title.

Veteran
    The Jets need to make the playoffs first. ..mark it down, the Jets aren't making the playoffs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    The Jets need to make the playoffs first. ..mark it down, the Jets aren't making the playoffs.
    Why not?

The path I want them to take is the one they make it to the playoffs and they win all of the games and the superbowl

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Colts
    Pats
    Giants

I want to say that we beat the two great HOF QBs of our time and I want to stick in the faces of Giant fans forever.
    I know a lot of NY fans, both Jets and Giants so they would want to face one another. I'm all for being confident but god....if we lost to the Giants in the Superbowl, that would be worse the even making it there. I don't know if I could handle that pressure lol.

Veteran
    If i could pick i'd have us go in as the #1 seed, and beat whoever looks like the second best team in the NFL all season long.

I'd take any play off victories we can get, but the quality of the teams we beat this year, means more to me than the history behind the logo.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Colts
    Pats
    Giants

I wouldn't mind this, but only if we embarrassed the Giants in the Super Bowl. If not, I don't want them to have the satisfaction of getting another lucky super bowl appearance.

I'd would also prefer the Pats don't make the playoffs. It'd be nice to beat them in the playoffs, but I'd rather sweep them in the regular season and knock them out of the postseason completely.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtime Jets fan View Post
    I've got 2:

1.) Old school and totally unrealistic: Beat the Pats in the Divisional Round (1 and done for Bellischmuck and Tom Bieber). Crush Miami at home in the Championship game. Get an overtime win against the Giants in the Super Bowl.

2.) More realistic: Steelers in the divisional round (lost to Balt twice during the regular season, so Balt was division champ and Pitt was wild card that advanced past wildcard round by destroying feeb AFC West division champ).

Crush Baltimore in the Championship game at home (they stick it to Peyton at home in Baltimore as revenge for last year during the divisional round) - tell Suggs, Lewis, Reed, and Harbaugh to all go jump off a cliff in the back of Junior Seau's SUV.

SuperBowl - Could be Giants? Which would be awesome.

But I'd settle for destroying Favre and making sure he retires for GOOD, especially after the Vikes sneak into the playoffs, win 3 straight to get to the Super Bowl, and have all the prognosticators/media types slobbering all over them and saying "it'll be a very different result than Oct 11th at the Meadowlands".

Those are mine!
    If we went to overtime in the Super Bowl, AND it was against the Giants....i might have a heartattack before the game ended.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Superbowl Opponent wishlist:

1. Giants
    2. Dallas
    3. Minnesota
    4. Nawlins'
    5. GB

AFCC wishlist:

1. NE
    2. Colts
    3. Pitt
    4. Baltimore
    5. SD/KC

AFCDC wishlist:

same

Wilcard game wishlist:

just get the damn 1 seed.

Based on personal enjoyment first, championship vindication 2nd.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Why not?

probably for the same reason that the Pasts* were gonna crush us 56-3 in Week 2

as far as the OP question, if i could choose, i would want to go through the Pasts*/Ravens/Steelers to get to the Super Bowl and then beat the defending champs in the Big Game. that way nobody could take away from our SB by saying that we had an "easy draw" or some other bull****.

all that being said, if we win the Super Bowl by beating the Raiders, Browns, and Lions, i'll take it!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    IF the Jets were to make it to the big game, what path would you want them to take?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THbY7EL8k5w
    Last edited by FF2; 10-22-2010 at 04:52 PM.