Thread: Slightly OT: Peyton Manning

Rookie

Slightly OT: Peyton Manning

With the announcement that Manning won't get a new deal till next year, you think the idea of leaving will ever be a legitimate choice in his head? You dont think theres a team who is a quarterback shy of being elite? I mean the Colts are great and all, but I just can't see them getting better than the rest of the AFC in the up and coming years. You think he wants to sign a contract knowing "this is it"? Maybe a swing over into the NFC? 49ers? Peyton+Crabtree+Davis and a decent defense. Just an interesting idea, if he were to leave, where would he end up?

No offense but I think it's a bit delusional to think the colts would let Peyton walk...even at his age he's still the single most valuable player in the league (in real terms, not fantasy value).

Rookie
    Well it's obviously not what i think WILL happen. Just a "what if" sorta thing

All Pro
    It'd be a shame to see Manning exit the league in a different jersey than the one he earned his legend in. But it happened to Namath. It happened to Montana. It happened to Favre. I'd say the odds are at least 50% it happens to Manning too.

Banned

SAR I

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    With the announcement that Manning won't get a new deal till next year, you think the idea of leaving will ever be a legitimate choice in his head? You dont think theres a team who is a quarterback shy of being elite? I mean the Colts are great and all, but I just can't see them getting better than the rest of the AFC in the up and coming years. You think he wants to sign a contract knowing "this is it"? Maybe a swing over into the NFC? 49ers? Peyton+Crabtree+Davis and a decent defense. Just an interesting idea, if he were to leave, where would he end up?
    Hes not leaving. As mentioned tonight on NFL network, it does not really make any difference to Manning whether he gets a new deal. If they franchise him next year his salary would be over 25M, which I dont think Peyton would be unappy with.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Hes not leaving. As mentioned tonight on NFL network, it does not really make any difference to Manning whether he gets a new deal. If they franchise him next year his salary would be over 25M, which I dont think Peyton would be unappy with.
    But how will he feed his family?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Looks like he'll be licking Oreos for the rest of his life

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    He will have to scrape by on that salary until he signs a long term deal. He should be able to feed his family with that salary, unless he has about 1,000,000 people in his family.

All League
    Charter JI Member

There is a 0% chance he leaves Indy after this season.

ZERO

END of STORY

Now, does he get a new 5-7 year deal, then after that deal is done end up in SF or New Orleans or Atl or something like that.....maybe. But I would put those odds at about 25%

After another 5-7 years he'll hold all the QB records any QB would want to have. He's got a much better chance of ending up on TV then with another team.

Rookie
    Ok well thats no fun.

I could see him leaving. That team is a 3-13 team without him and he has to know that. He is very short on rings compared to where he should be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    There is a 0% chance he leaves Indy after this season.

ZERO

END of STORY

Now, does he get a new 5-7 year deal, then after that deal is done end up in SF or New Orleans or Atl or something like that.....maybe. But I would put those odds at about 25%

After another 5-7 years he'll hold all the QB records any QB would want to have. He's got a much better chance of ending up on TV then with another team.
    He's in his mid 30's unless he plans on a Farve like career he may not be around in 5 years..