Thread: KICK the FG!!, KICK the FG!!,

All League

KICK the FG!!, KICK the FG!!,

As I was jumping around the family room in OT>>

My wife and daughter think I need Pills!

Hall Of Fame
    I think my 9 years old daughter crapped her pants when I started yelling at the tv when Holmes caught that ball in OT. I thought he was going to score!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
    I think my 9 years old daughter crapped her pants when I started yelling at the tv when Holmes caught that ball in OT. I thought he was going to score!
    WHY didn't we just kick it??? I thought for sure we would fumble on 1st or 2nd down

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    WHY didn't we just kick it??? I thought for sure we would fumble on 1st or 2nd down
    +1 It was already a chipshot. I am not sure what that extra 3 yards got us.

LT wasn't fumbling... And you always get a few more yards if you can. Not only that, but when the opposing team knows you're running, they have to sell out completely to stop it. When they do that, quite often the running team can break it for a touchdown.

Kicking field goals is no guarantee. Jets played it absolutely right.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    +1 It was already a chipshot. I am not sure what that extra 3 yards got us.
    The thing that was more maddening was LT ran outside the numbers. That means the ball gets spotted at the far hash rather than the center.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    LT wasn't fumbling... And you always get a few more yards if you can. Not only that, but when the opposing team knows you're running, they have to sell out completely to stop it. When they do that, quite often the running team can break it for a touchdown.

Kicking field goals is no guarantee. Jets played it absolutely right.
    I respectively disagree!!!

We came back from the dead...I'd take 0 chances...Kick it and go to the locker room with a W!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The thing that was more maddening was LT ran outside the numbers. That means the ball gets spotted at the far hash rather than the center.
    I assume that's where Folk wanted the ball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    I assume that's where Folk wanted the ball.

Exactly, that was the hash that Folk preferred

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Exactly, that was the hash that Folk preferred
    Yeah but they ran it twice...Didn't they kick it on 3rd down?

All Pro
    Yeah but they ran it twice...Didn't they kick it on 3rd down?

Yes you are right they ran the first two plays to the left and gained 4 yards, and kicked the 30 yard FG on 3rd down so insure themselves against a bad snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    all the plays ran it far left ... folk likes kicking on that side. jets played it right. run 2 plays get it to where the kicker likes it and make it as easy as possible. plus folk gets those extra warm ups. u don't just throw your kicker out there after a pass play like there's 15 seconds left in the game. There was no rush. Have the long snapper and holder gather, talk about where the ball is going to be and have the FG kicker kick from where he likes it spotted. Perfectly played and kicked on 3rd down just incase a botched snap. How much better could they have played it? lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    all the plays ran it far left ... folk likes kicking on that side. jets played it right. run 2 plays get it to where the kicker likes it and make it as easy as possible. plus folk gets those extra warm ups. u don't just throw your kicker out there after a pass play like there's 15 seconds left in the game. There was no rush. Have the long snapper and holder gather, talk about where the ball is going to be and have the FG kicker kick from where he likes it spotted. Perfectly played and kicked on 3rd down just incase a botched snap. How much better could they have played it? lol
    Well, that answers my question. I was wondering why they weren't running up the middle to center the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Well, that answers my question. I was wondering why they weren't running up the middle to center the ball.
    yeah westhoff mentioned it in one of the press conferences this year that if they have a preference on where to kick it that Folk is most comfortable being left of the fieldgoal post. he said he's had kickers like that before but most like it towards the middle and its something that doesn't concern him unless he can't make kicks from any other side of the field. he said "some guys don't like admitting they don't prefer the middle most cause that makes the most sense but I prefer the guy being honest with us so we can tell the offense where to put it so the kick is made" ... lol funny thing is watching my brother scream "WHY ARE U RUNNIN LEFT STAY IN THE MIDDLE U IDIOT" ...