Thread: Happy for Mangini

Veteran

Happy for Mangini

Man, I'm glad he's not our coach anymore, but I am so happy that Mangini's Browns took the Pats to the woodshed. Nobody deserves to beat Belicheat's head into the ground more than Mangini after how he was punked by that hoodie a-hole. Glad to see the Browns get the W and in a huge way, too!

All Pro
    As long as that 'W' is just for this week and next week back to 'L'

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Screw Mangini. I despise him, he was a horrible coach, and I hope deeply we beat the snot out of him so badly, he gets fired in the post-game and never coaches again.

Yeah, I said it.

I'm also glad for the guy....nice article on him in today's NY Times...he seemed to have learned a lesson or two since he left. Happy that he helped us with the win and also glad to see him knock off Belichick, his arch enemy. He got the gatorade shower (and did at the end of last year also) so he may not be as hated as some here seem to think. Two big upsets in a row for the guy. He wasn't ready for the Jet job but we landed on our feet also....although to read some posts here, seems that many are beginning to jump **** on Rex and the crew already.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Screw Mangini. I despise him, he was a horrible coach, and I hope deeply we beat the snot out of him so badly, he gets fired in the post-game and never coaches again.

Yeah, I said it.
    Tell us how you really feel. Lol!

I really could care less about him either but was glad for him today for a multitude of reasons.

Veteran
    Mangini has helped the Jets more after being fired than when he was head coach. Hopefully that continues next week.

Hall Of Fame
    Did Mangini win last year after the Browns bye?

At the very worst he is 3-1 in that stat now.

Maybe we should bring him on as a consultant once a year after our bye.

Hall Of Fame

Yeah, I said it.
    A horrible coach? Really?

Sorry, "horrible coaches" don't take a Belichick team to the woodshed the way the Browns did today with a rookie QB.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    A horrible coach? Really?

Sorry, "horrible coaches" don't take a Belichick team to the woodshed the way the Browns did today with a rookie QB.
    Aye, Really.

All due respect Ray, you've never had a bad word of any kind to say about anyone who has ever worn Jets green.

If I'm looking for an objective opinion on Mangini (whom you defended to the bitter end), I'm not looking in your direction old friend.

I appreciate his favor today, any Pats loss isa good, but I want to DESTROY him next week, completely and utterly.

Veteran
    Eric Mangini, knows the Pats well, no one deserves a beat down at the hands of his ex-assistant more than Bill Belichick.

The Jets struggle to beat anyone, we will have our hands full with the Browns next week, say what you like about Mangini being a pain, if he has some talent - he can win.

Hall Of Fame
    Aye, Really.

All due respect Ray, you've never had a bad word of any kind to say about anyone who has ever worn Jets green.

If I'm looking for an objective opinion on Mangini (whom you defended to the bitter end), I'm not looking in your direction old friend.

I appreciate his favor today, any Pats loss isa good, but I want to DESTROY him next week, completely and utterly.
    Well, I'm not so sure you are a poster child for objectivity either!!!!

But, I agree with you that I hope we destroy Mangini like no tomorrow next week.

I mean, it's not like I've ever said Tony Sparano is a good coach...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Mangini has helped the Jets more after being fired than when he was head coach. Hopefully that continues next week.
    its amazing how true this statement is.

Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    its amazing how true this statement is.
    it's so true, that I've actually become a fan of Mangini's.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Man, I'm glad he's not our coach anymore, but I am so happy that Mangini's Browns took the Pats to the woodshed. Nobody deserves to beat Belicheat's head into the ground more than Mangini after how he was punked by that hoodie a-hole. Glad to see the Browns get the W and in a huge way, too!
    +1 I agree 100% and have always had respect for Mangini. He is always proffesional and definatley has a good mind for the game, if he didnt why would Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Mike Tannembaum have hired him and why would have Holmgren kept him around?

He may not be liked around here, but who is like by Jets fans? Hell, most of them hate the guys still here, nevermind the ones gone! lol

Jets Insider Legend
    Charter JI Member

I was watching the game, but missed the handshake. How'd that go?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I was watching the game, but missed the handshake. How'd that go?
    It was longer than you would've expected; Belicheck chatted with Mangini for a good minute or two as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    i'm happy for Mangini as well, but even more happy for us. **** the Pats!!!!!!!!!!!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... looks like being out of the ny spotlight & having holmgren take over as the big dog are good things for mangini ... he looked fitter & healthier than i had ever seen him in the post game interviews ...

... agree that he has helped us out much so far since leaving & let's have that continue with a victory for us next week ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Mangini can suck it easy.