Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT-Wade Phillips Fired-Jason Garrett taking over

Veteran

OT-Wade Phillips Fired-Jason Garrett taking over

Veteran
    now Schitthead moves up to #1 on the list of NFL employees who don't deserve their current job.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kleckomania View Post
    now Schitthead moves up to #1 on the list of NFL employees who don't deserve their current job.
    Let's hope they hire him.

BTW this is the least shocking thing I will read today.

Practice Squad
    Can we get Shotty an interview!!!

Undrafted Free Agent
    guys is this schotty's last year on his contract?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
    I don't know, but guys are always let out of their contracts to move up to higher positions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforlife View Post
    I sure as hell hope so.

I only hope some dumb franchise hires him as their HC so we can be done with this jerkoff.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    I sure as hell hope so.

I only hope some dumb franchise hires him as their HC so we can be done with this jerkoff.
    I always laugh when BS' name is talked about as a potential HC candidate. Who's going to hand the keys of their franchise to this dunce? You don't think teams haven't seen his ridiculous offensive scheme and game day calls over the last five years? Forget it, mate. He ain't goin' anywhere.

Veteran
    That works perfectly. Garrett becomes HC and Schotty can take over for him as OC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I always laugh when BS' name is talked about as a potential HC candidate. Who's going to hand the keys of their franchise to this dunce? You don't think teams haven't seen his ridiculous offensive scheme and game day calls over the last five years? Forget it, mate. He ain't goin' anywhere.

Rich Kotite got two HC jobs in the NFL. Wade Phillips had three. There's always hope....

Veteran
    Rich Kotite got two HC jobs in the NFL. Wade Phillips had three. There's always hope....
    Source, I'll f**king drive Schotty to any interview or pay his airfare. I just don't see it.

Banned
    I just realized his initials. It's reflective of his game planning.

Veteran
    I just realized his initials. It's reflective of his game planning.
    That clicked for me last week, as well. It's now the only way i refer to him.

All League
    No surprise with the firing, but one can argue that with nothing to gain being on the hook for his salary for the rest of the year and without their star QB, what do they gain by going to a new HC?

The Cowboys are a very talented team, I thought they should wait it out for Cowher or maybe even the Tuna coming back.

I also think they suffer from too many chiefs, (lots of stars) and not enough tuff hard noise guys that teams like the Steelers and Pats regulary bring in.

Veteran
    No shock there. Despite what Jerry said about firing coaches midseason, no way you can have a team roll over and play dead week after week without heads rolling. Last night was the first SNF game in a long while where I changed the channel at halftime.

And yes, someone else will hire Wade. How many good coordinators practically have to grovel to get their first shot, but teams will continue recycling the same rejects

Also, LOL at this derailing into yet another Schottenheimer hate thread

All League
    That clicked for me last week, as well. It's now the only way i refer to him.
    I caught it years back. Always good for a chuckle.

Every time someone types BS it is a great unintentional pun.

Practice Squad
    Think we live in Dallas with Fatso carrying the presser. This guy is obsessed with the Cowboys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    No surprise with the firing, but one can argue that with nothing to gain being on the hook for his salary for the rest of the year and without their star QB, what do they gain by going to a new HC?

The Cowboys are a very talented team, I thought they should wait it out for Cowher or maybe even the Tuna coming back.

I also think they suffer from too many chiefs, (lots of stars) and not enough tuff hard noise guys that teams like the Steelers and Pats regulary bring in.
    The situation in Dallas is very interesting. I mean it is easy to blame it all on the head coach and I'm sure Wade Phillips is a terrible one. Especially for a team like Dallas with all the expectations and the egos over there. What makes it even more interesting is that they have almost the same roster they had last year where they made the playoffs and won on a consistent basis. Here's my take on their situation:

1) Their safeties are just horrible in coverage. Ball and Sensabaugh are just not good, especially against the pass. They are late, always out of position and not very physical. Now pair that with the fact that they only have two servicable cornerbacks (Newman, Jenkins who are solid) and that they can't really find any consistency in their scheme and you are looking at the mess of a secondary they have over there. Teams are killing them through the air.

2) Their offensive line is bad. In recent years they had one of the biggest and most powerful lines in all of football with nasty road graders like Leonard Davis, Flozell Adams and those other guys. They could always run the ball but this season age is catching up to the group. You had injuries left and right, a backup caliber guy in Free playing left tackle and that is one of the reasons for the downfall of their offense. Garrett couldn't develop an identity with all the offensive weapons he had and really never got the team in a rythmn on offense. Romo's injury can also be dedicated to their line play.

3) As you said, leadership is a gigantic problem for them. From the top of my head I can think of one guy on that team that would qualify as a born leader and that is Keith Brooking. Problem with him is that he is old and declining. Now all those other guys while being tremendously talented players (Ware, Witten, the wide receivers among others) dont seem like natural leaders to me. From a player like Ware I would have expected a reaction on the field and while he is playing ok and getting his numbers, he isnt holding this team or this defense together. He looks like the other players and they all have the look of having given up recently.

4) At last I want to add that they got into a huge avalanche here. You know what they say, that the greatness of a man is seen when he faces adversity and not in times of comfort. Well, we saw the character of those players this season. Things come together, they really ran into some bad luck and incredible bad circumstances at times which of course they brought on themselves. Now having all that SB talk from earlier in the year, it must have been a shock to these guys that they couldnt just show up and win games. And in the end, they just weren't mentally tough enough to go through the adversity and once things went bad, they couldn't stop the avalanche and everything got worse.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by CV 40 View Post
    I caught it years back. Always good for a chuckle.

Every time someone types BS it is a great unintentional pun.
    Bart Scott ain't laughing..