Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Reasons Why the Jets Won't Make it to Dallas...

Undrafted Free Agent

3 Reasons Why the Jets Won't Make it to Dallas...

1. UNDISCIPLINED! Never have I ever seen a Jets team commit this many penalties..Under Herm Edwards the Jets were ranked among the fewest if not the least penalized team in the NFL.
    Rex needs to stop being such a relaxed laid back coach letting these players have fun and let their emotions get the best of them on the field (Bart Scott). Twice this year has a FG turned into a TD due to a running/roughing into the kicker penalty. Week 1 the 4 pt difference cost us the game, against the Lions it almost did! Just unreal!!.. I cant celebrate after a big play until 3 mins after because I know a flag is going to negate it.

The Refs are doing such a poor job this year, especially with illegal contacts, holding and Pass Interference penalties in the secondary.. like seriously let the guys play this isnt the fuc*ing NBA! And the Person fouls on late hits.. the ones on Leonhard and Ellis were atrocious!

No 4 man pass rush
    !.. look at the giants with Osi n Tuck.. Colts with Freeney and Mathis, imagine that on our team.. Well if the best defense in the NFL wants to boast theyre going to have to get to the QB without having to overload blitz.. Jets are playing more Zone coverages because theyre pass defense isn't that great enough to play man over the middle..

Nickelback can't play man!!! Drew Coleman is doing a decent job this year, Lowery had a few heads up plays, but seriously Kyle Wilson is the guy we need to step in there and effectively stop slot Wr's. We addressed it in the draft because Garcon tore em up in last years AFC Championship..So far check out the opposing teams slot Wr's stats thus far this year (Bess,Welker Burleson Etc).

In conclusion I have all the confidence in the World with this Offense being good enough, Schottenheimer is like JeKyl and Hyde with his play calling..but what i saw weeks 2-5 excite me enough to think that the past 2 weeks and week 1 were just a small bump in the road that has to do alot with Sanchez not playing with confidence. The offense will be exciting this year, I leave off with this word to our Offense Coordinator...

RUN THE BALL MORE ON THIRD AND SHORT! Thank you for reading..
    Last edited by NYJETS2121; 11-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Banned
    1 & 3 disagree with you completely.

First of all you're comparing Herman Edwards to Rex. You're really going to say that it was Herman Edwards that made that team the least penalized team? Second of all Drew Coleman was a disaster yesterday. He had 1 decent game and that's about it.

Our front wasnt meant to pass rush it's to occupy space. That leaves our linebackers to fly around. What we need is an elite linebacker rusher.

All League

Gee, I haven't read this somewhere before.

And never have I seen a message board so negative coming off a 6-2 record and a comeback overtime win. I have my reasons why I think the Jets MIGHT not make it the SB this year, but that doesn't mean I think they won't. You run down a list of why every top team won't make it. The Jets have as good a chance any playoff contender in the league. I'm amazed at how down people are on this team.

No wonder we're only 2-2 at home. Even with a new stadium we have no homefield advantage to speak of because our so-called fans are the most miserable losers on the planet.

What's even funnier is these self-important armchair coaches posting these threads over and over like someone on the Jets will read them and actually give a rats ass what they have to say then take it to heart. Maybe even put it in the gameplan News flash: THEY DON'T AND THEY WON'T. And Thank God for that!

All Pro
    Well the second point is our biggest problem I think. The plan was that Pace and Gholston would be our edge rushers when we aquired them. We dont have to talk about Gholston and while Pace has been a very good player for us, he is not a truly elite edge rusher in the NFL. I mean Ware, Harrison, Woodley, Osi - these guys are really dominant. We dont have that right now and well, it costs us at times.

I have to disagree though that this will prevent us from a Super Bowl. We were within 30 minutes from it last year and that was when we played Peyton Manning in his dome. Right now those Colts who would really be the only team where I would say our lack of a four man rush could really kill us. Now those Colts are behind us in the standings right now and they arent healthy at all.

Against teams like the Ravens or Pittsburgh I take my chances in a physical slugfest any day of the week. I like our chances against Manning when we play them in the Meadowlands in January and I dont think that there's any other really dominant team in the AFC which could claim that they are the team to beat right now.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post

And never have I seen a message board so negative coming off a 6-2 record and a comeback overtime win. I have my reasons why I think the Jets MIGHT not make it the SB this year, but that doesn't mean I think they won't. You run down a list of why every top team won't make it. The Jets have as good a chance any playoff contender in the league. I'm amazed at how down people are on this team.

No wonder we're only 2-2 at home. Even with a new stadium we have no homefield advantage to speak of because our so-called fans are the most miserable losers on the planet.

What's even funnier is these self-important armchair coaches posting these threads over and over like someone on the Jets will read them and actually give a rats ass what they have to say then take it to heart. Maybe even put it in the gameplan News flash: THEY DON'T AND THEY WON'T. And Thank God for that!
    Jets fans are among the most passionate.. this is our year our era to win.. we feel it.. its not the same old jets.. and while every team has their respective problems.. the ones i mentioned are crucial.. 1. we need to play smart.. 2. hurry the qb more frequently and 3. get off the field on 3rd down with good play from our secondary coverage.. without that the jets wont be able to become the team everyone is hyping them up to be

Hall Of Fame
    NYJETS2121, Care to make a new Post as to the 3 Reasons Why the Jets *WILL* Make it to Dallas now????

All Pro
    The Colts and Giants run a 4-3. I don't think Freeney, Mathis, Umenyiora, or Tuck can cover anybody, and they'd get mauled against the run on a 3 man front, so they couldn't play for our team.

Nothing annoys me more on this board than the people that say we need to draft a DE to improve our pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS2121 View Post
    1. UNDISCIPLINED! Never have I ever seen a Jets team commit this many penalties..Under Herm Edwards the Jets were ranked among the fewest if not the least penalized team in the NFL.
    Rex needs to stop being such a relaxed laid back coach letting these players have fun and let their emotions get the best of them on the field (Bart Scott). Twice this year has a FG turned into a TD due to a running/roughing into the kicker penalty. Week 1 the 4 pt difference cost us the game, against the Lions it almost did! Just unreal!!.. I cant celebrate after a big play until 3 mins after because I know a flag is going to negate it.

The Refs are doing such a poor job this year, especially with illegal contacts, holding and Pass Interference penalties in the secondary.. like seriously let the guys play this isnt the fuc*ing NBA! And the Person fouls on late hits.. the ones on Leonhard and Ellis were atrocious!

No 4 man pass rush
    !.. look at the giants with Osi n Tuck.. Colts with Freeney and Mathis, imagine that on our team.. Well if the best defense in the NFL wants to boast theyre going to have to get to the QB without having to overload blitz.. Jets are playing more Zone coverages because theyre pass defense isn't that great enough to play man over the middle..

Nickelback can't play man!!! Drew Coleman is doing a decent job this year, Lowery had a few heads up plays, but seriously Kyle Wilson is the guy we need to step in there and effectively stop slot Wr's. We addressed it in the draft because Garcon tore em up in last years AFC Championship..So far check out the opposing teams slot Wr's stats thus far this year (Bess,Welker Burleson Etc).

In conclusion I have all the confidence in the World with this Offense being good enough, Schottenheimer is like JeKyl and Hyde with his play calling..but what i saw weeks 2-5 excite me enough to think that the past 2 weeks and week 1 were just a small bump in the road that has to do alot with Sanchez not playing with confidence. The offense will be exciting this year, I leave off with this word to our Offense Coordinator...

This team CAN look a lot different 3 weeks from now. So don't go talking about superbowl right now in week 9. In Dec you have more an idea who the top teams are. We're getting there but we're not there yet.

All Pro

No 4 man pass rush

My friend. Finally someone who understands football and understand the Jets. Thank you--

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The Colts and Giants run a 4-3. I don't think Freeney, Mathis, Umenyiora, or Tuck can cover anybody, and they'd get mauled against the run on a 3 man front, so they couldn't play for our team.

Nothing annoys me more on this board than the people that say we need to draft a DE to improve our pass rush.
    I would have to disagree with you here. Like you are getting at, its not the job of a 3-4 DE to pile up a high sack total. However, just because that is not their job does not mean they shouldnt be able to get a few sacks over the course of the year and put at least some pressure on the QB on other plays. Right now we only have 1 defensive lineman who has any kind of pass rush skills, Ellis. But he is in the last year of his contract and is not getting any younger either. While Pouha and Devito are great run stuffers, they are non existent in the pass rush. Suprisingly at DT losing Jenkins hurts our pass rush more than our run D. Jenkins is a very good pass rusher for a 3-4 NT. We need a young pass rusher at DE who commands attention on 3rd and long passing plays who even if he doesnt get to the QB, open up things for guys like Pace and Taylor.

We have a ton of talent already at LB, but dont really anone on the D line who creates any fear in the opposing offenses to free up our pass rushing LB'ers to make plays on obvious passing downs.

The lack of a consistent passrush within the 3-4 scheme or 4-3 is killing us. No DT or linebacker is getting anywhere near the QB.Now with our blitz packages teams have seen enough of us on film that they are neutralizing any advantage that blitzing had given us.Oposing QB's have all day against our 3-4, yet other teams can passrush us with the same package.It's as clear as the nose on your face what needs to be done this offseason with upgrading the defensive line.Unforunately it won't help us for 2010.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    This team CAN look a lot different 3 weeks from now. So don't go talking about superbowl right now in week 9. In Dec you have more an idea who the top teams are. We're getting there but we're not there yet.
    +1... You finally posted something I agree with. We have no idea what's going to happen between now and week 17. I do know it's way too early to even be thinking about the Superbowl... We need to make the playoffs first and that might be hard considering how many good (not elite) teams there are this season. We need to just take it week by week and get our offense back on track and we should be fine.

Veteran
    agreed 100%...and I think nickle corner is the biggest problem of all. when I look at teams on our schedule the first thing I think about is who their slot WR is

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    The lack of a consistent passrush within the 3-4 scheme or 4-3 is killing us. No DT or linebacker is getting anywhere near the QB.Now with our blitz packages teams have seen enough of us on film that they are neutralizing any advantage that blitzing had given us.Oposing QB's have all day against our 3-4, yet other teams can passrush us with the same package.It's as clear as the nose on your face what needs to be done this offseason with upgrading the defensive line.Unforunately it won't help us for 2010.
    +1. Having to rush 6 to get pressure on opposing team's QB's is what's hurting our pass D. If we even had ONE more good pass rusher giving us the ability to only rush 4, teams would have no chance of scoring against our D... even with Drew Coleman as our Nickel DB.

Hall Of Fame
    let's see

the Jets are 6-2 and in first place in their division with an undefeated road record.

yet the SOJF need to open ANOTHER negative thread to spew their negativity with pretentious DWC-like "anal -yses" which only expose their complete lack of knowledge about the team and the game.

good stuff for laughs, though

All League
    Personally, I'd rather have a ton of talent and not play well in a few games, drop a few passes here and there and commit a few penalties then have no talent and get blown out week to week and have no shot at anything. I know it's not the best thing to think you can turn on a switch and think you can win games but I don't think this goes through the players minds when they are on the field. The talent we have is going to get us a Superbowl...hopefully this February.....

All League
    1. I cant celebrate after a big play until 3 mins after because I know a flag is going to negate it.
    I don't really agree with the rest of your post. The officiating is terrible and penalties are up across the league (Lions had 10+ on Sunday also), the Jets made it all the way to the AFCCG without a 4-man rush last year, and NB should never be the reason your team is unable to make it to the bowl.

But the bolded part is definitely true this year. It seems like the Jets haven't committed a defense penalty on first OR second down this year...it's always 3rd and some ridiculous number when they make the play but then the hanky comes out.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    NYJETS2121, Care to make a new Post as to the 3 Reasons Why the Jets *WILL* Make it to Dallas now????
    That's not allowed here.. Negative posts must outweigh positive posts on a 90-10 ratio so says the union of the Chicken Little Brigade..

All League

No 4 man pass rush

You must have meant to say 4 reasons.
    4. Shotty and his magical play calling.

All Pro

No 4 man pass rush

All these terrible things and we're sitting in first. Empty your half-empty glass and think about where we were last year at this time and we ended up in a competitive conference championship game.

We have time to work some things out and the teams that win are those that hit their stride going into the playoffs, not at week nine.