Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give Wilson Another Chance

All Pro

Give Wilson Another Chance

Rex, its time to bring Kyle Wilson back on the field. Drew Coleman has been a failure the last couple of games, and Wilson has the athletic prowess to take care of the slot.

All Pro
    By the way, Wilson's main problem was his habit of keeping his eyes set on the receiver and not knowing where the ball was. This can be corrected.

Practice Squad
    I agree. K-Dub needs to get on the field. Coleman has been burnt play after play. Its attrocious. Kyle cant do any worse.

All Pro
    Ugh Coleman. I guess K-Dub can't be any worse.
    Last edited by el_dub80; 11-08-2010 at 08:28 PM.

Veteran
    Definitely agreed. Much better than drew coleman.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Agree, more importantly get him back up on the horse it will pay dividends.

Hall Of Fame
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it... this draft class has been down right disappointing. John Conner is the only player actually capable of doing anything and even he's not seeing the field right now.

Hate to say it, but the longer Kyle Wilson does nothing the more it looks like Tanny blew another 1st round pick. He's not even returning kicks.

When your first round pick can't even make a contribution to the team... I don't know, that's worrisome. He shouldn't have even been a 1st round pick it that's the case.

I'm not calling the kid a bust 8 games into his career. But I am saying it's disappointing that he's to the point of being deactived. I saw him on the field twice. And what the hell happened to Lowery? I thought both Wilson and Lowery were doing OK. I guess the coaching staff felt otherwise. Right now the key to beating the Jets is to go 3 wide and throw it to the slot WR all day.
    Last edited by southside; 11-08-2010 at 07:45 PM.

All Pro
    Good analysis--Rex made a point of making Conner into the terminator, now he seems to get few opportunities. More Rex hype?

Guys Kyle has shown flashes of his potential. Lets not forget the 2nd half against the Pats where he pretty much was knocking down plays consistently. Cornerback and safety are the 2 hardest defensive positions for any rookie to learn quickly. Kyle was playing at Boise not like he was in the big 10 or SEC so give him time. D backs from conferences like where Kyle played usually take a while. Anybody who calls Kyle a bust at this point in his career is a flat out moron. 8 games into a career is not enough to call anybody a bust. don't give me that "yeah but they should at least be contributing crap" cause there's way too many pro bowlers right now who've been benched for multiple games as a rookie. We got Cro and Revis so its not super important to throw Kyle to the wolves right now. We threw him in against top receivers with no safety help in his first couple of games something you NEVER ask of a rookie CB. Now with Revis healthy there's no reason to rush him right now. I don't mind him playing more than he is and mixing him at nickle here and there depending on the matchup. Coleman played well enough to earn his play earlier in the year and I think he's played enough for teams to see where they can expose hiim. I say we throw the rookie in there in nickel packages here and there but not have him as the main nickel guy. He definitely needs to see the field a lot more than he has though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    this is the guy who just fumbled on punt returns right?

overall i trust these Jets coaches with who gets playing time. it's not herman's heroes anymore.

if Kyle Wilson deserved to be on real D, be playing real D.

we can hope he gets his second wind but the coaches don't seem to believe that he's better than drew coleman.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it... this draft class has been down right disappointing. John Conner is the only player actually capable of doing anything and even he's not seeing the field right now.

Hate to say it, but the longer Kyle Wilson does nothing the more it looks like Tanny blew another 1st round pick. He's not even returning kicks.

When your first round pick can't even make a contribution to the team... I don't know, that's worrisome. He shouldn't have even been a 1st round pick it that's the case.

I'm not calling the kid a bust 8 games into his career. But I am saying it's disappointing that he's to the point of being deactived. I saw him on the field twice. And what the hell happened to Lowery? I thought both Wilson and Lowery were doing OK. I guess the coaching staff felt otherwise. Right now the key to beating the Jets is to go 3 wide and throw it to the slot WR all day.

Wilson was a smart pick at that spot, and hopefully he is just experiencing a regular rookie learning curve.

Vlad was a project from the beginning and probably wont see the field next year either, but he has the physical tools to hopefully be a starting RT down the line.

We have a veteran team that had few holes that needed immediate filling, so building depth for the future when we might not be able to pay a veteran is a smart move.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Co-sign

Wilson got put into a tough situation playing #2 CB when Revis was hurt. He's faster, stronger and has better hips than Drew Coleman or Dwight Lowery, give the kid another chance to play some nickel.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Co-sign

Wilson got put into a tough situation playing #2 CB when Revis was hurt. He's faster, stronger and has better hips than Drew Coleman or Dwight Lowery, give the kid another chance to play some nickel.
    +1

All League
    I agree that Wilson deserves another shot, but give Coleman some props. He's definitely improved his play this season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Co-sign

Drew Coleman and Dwight Lowery have earned playing time this season...

Kyle Wilson has earned bench time...

Rookie
    Where's Dwight Lowery?? Sit Coleman and use the kid and Lowery. Like somebody said above - wanna beat us? Throw to the slot receiver because he's always open. Huge weak spot in our defense.

All Pro
    He was practically thrown into the fire to start, due to the Revis contract situation and it was too much for the kid. He seemed lost out there! Put him back in but only at nickel which was supposed to be his role in the beginning of the year and take it from there.
    Last edited by MrSFJFC; 11-08-2010 at 08:48 PM.

Rex can't be this blind regarding Coleman's play. Which brings me to the conclusion that Wilson must be really terrible not to even bring him in at all. Seeing Coleman being torched consistently leaves one with a bad feeling if we play an elite passing team. Let's hope Coleman get up his play and Wilson as well!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Cut Coleman cut Lowrey start Wilson at #2 and let Cromartie play the nickel.

See I'm alot smarter than the Jets coaching staff. So apparently are you.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedjetgreen View Post
    Cut Coleman cut Lowrey start Wilson at #2 and let Cromartie play the nickel.

See I'm alot smarter than the Jets coaching staff. So apparently are you.
    None of us are smarter than the Jets coaching staff OH NO! Let's all stop posting about anything...