Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Respect?

All Pro

No Respect?

Watched NFL Networks total access last night & there is a theme to Jet bashing that's starting to borderline on animosity.

When the Jets pull one out of their as*es we're lucky?
    When any other team does this their resilient?

No one talks about the Pats beating the Chargers because they were missing their entire receiving core & both Gates & Mathews were banged up?

Everyone was kissing Brett Favres A*s for his comeback against the Cardinals, possibly the worst team in the league.

Last night they were talking about Sanchez & the comback & Rod Woodson says, "well they would not have a chance without the bad coaching call on 3rd down". No Shat buddy!

That stuff happens EVERY WEEK!
    Pats would not have beat the Vikes if not for HORRIBLE coaching & Favre playing on one ankle, Moss taking the day off ect.

Most wins are the result of the other teams errors or injuries, and the winning team capitalizes on those things.

Bottom line is this:
    The NY Jets had to score 10 points to tie that game with 4:00 left.
    They did that
    Plus they had to go from their 22 to get in field goal range & did that too.

The bias against the Jets is just weird?
    Teams win like this every week & climb up the power charts. The Jets drop?
    I don't care about the power charts, I'm just using it as an example.

If the Bengals don't give up 10 points to the Steelers they win that game, but they did. Steelers don't have to apologize for it & no one talks about it.

We are 6-2 (3-0 in the division) have had one of the toughest schedules & we haven't been that impressive doing it. What that tells me is the 1st team that gets our "A" game is in for an a*s whooping!

Hall Of Fame
    We're the hated team, because we're brash and arrogant, plus, nobody ever likes a team from New York. They won't give us any respect until we force them to respect us, and squeaking out wins against the Lions probably isn't going to help that much..........Even though the Steelers just squeeked out a win against an equally bad Bengals team, and the Patriots got stomped by the Browns.

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Jets are what they are. If that gives you a complex because the media (accurately) points that out......and doesn't polish our nobs doing so.

Short answer: Get over it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The Jets pretty much went through the motions for 3.5 qtrs. They don't deserve a medal for that. They won, and at the end of the day, that's all that counts, but Sunday's performance shouldn't really be praised, as a whole.

The Vikings are a 3-5 team. So, the fact that they pulled out that game in dramatic fashion was huge for them. Personally, I hold the Jets to a higher standard. We all know here that they have not put together a complete game against a quality team. They are capable of so much more than they've showed thus far. They have indeed been fortunate in a number of situations. Its true that that's what football is all about and that it happens quite often. Doesn't mean it isn't true though.

Hall Of Fame
    We are playing mediocre football for the most part in a league of mediocrity. We don't deserve respect or scorn. We don't have a history of greatness to be considered elite until we play like an elite football team week in and week out.

The Pats, Colts and Steelers have earned their respect over time, we haven't.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ven0m View Post
    We're the hated team, because we're brash and arrogant, plus, nobody ever likes a team from New York. They won't give us any respect until we force them to respect us, and squeaking out wins against the Lions probably isn't going to help that much..........Even though the Steelers just squeeked out a win against an equally bad Bengals team, and the Patriots got stomped by the Browns.
    +1
    This has been going on for some time now. They always seem to nit-pick the negatives but never highlight any of the positives. They are worst than the freakn fans!! Hopefully the team will rally around all of the negativity because we play better as underdogs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    +1
    This has been going on for some time now. They always seem to nit-pick the negatives but never highlight any of the positives. They are worst than the freakn fans!! Hopefully the team will rally around all of the negativity because we play better as underdogs.
    just watching the pre game stuff on nfl network, most of the analysts thought we were going to lose

All League
    I can't stand when idiots say that we won because of the missed PAT, stafford getting hurt, and the lions passing on 3rd down.

1. If Pryce doesn't hit the kicker, they settle for a FG. The lions GAINED 3 points because their kicker got hurt.

2. We were stopping Stafford consistently at the end of the game. There was no indication that he was going to get them a first. They would have run the same plays had stafford been there.

3. The Jets got robbed of 15 - 20 seconds after the TD.

But yea, the Jets are lucky. The patriots and steelers are "GOOD TEAMS FINDING WAYS TO WIN. Give me a ****ing break

All League
    All of what's going on with the NFL, will make a Super Bowl victory even sweeter. Lets look at what they focus on. Every dam day all we hear about are the freakin Cowgirls, this team sucks. The next team we hear about are the Vickings, Farve and how if they run the table the can be back in the hunt. It goes on and on. They talk all this man love for Brady and say that he makes this team an elite team. So if we beat them again and take the division we are still considered lucky. The Jets are a marked team and have been one since their last Super Bowl victory. Some claim it was given to us to grow the league, whatever!!!
    A marked team is a team that rarely gets a break on plays or penalties, unless they are so obvious. I've seen enough of this Bullsh!t that Is doesn't even bother me as much. How many times have I seen BULLSH!T calls go against us, like against green bay? How many times have I heard the announcers stop in mid sentence on a bad call that went against us and change the subject? How many no calls against other teams have we seen? How many phantom holds have we seen? It's all gonna change real soon. New Yorkers have thick skin and can take it. We are closer than ever. When we win it, things will change.
    Last edited by srobjets; 11-10-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Want to piss your pants? Check Steve Homer Serby's Power Rankings in today's Post.

What a dumass.

Rookie
    HATERS R GONNA HATE ALL YEAR LONG..F**K THEM..

All Pro
    I actually like rooting for the team that everybody else hates. Let them hate all they want. It has no bearing on the outcome of future games and it certainly doesn't change the results of this week's VICTORY.

The Rapist and his Steelers can be the media darlings all they want. I'll take Gang Green.

And I can't wait until the offense figures out how to get out of its own way. At that point, every talking head will be on the Jets nuts, pontificating about how he was on the bandwagon from the start.

Flip-flopping b!tches.

Rodney 'Needle In The Ass' Harrison can suck it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Boo hoo.

When are you guys gonna get over your inferiority complex?

Banned
    Based on level of play, the Jets just lost to Denver, Green Bay, and Detroit in successive weeks.

I give us no respect either. Every time I see an ESPN ranking that has us in the Top 5 I just shake my head in bewilderment. Do we have the potential to be Top 5 material? Definitely. But are we that right now? No way.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

The Jets are what they are. If that gives you a complex because the media (accurately) points that out......and doesn't polish our nobs doing so.

Short answer: Get over it.
    the masses need to vent.

please don't stifle their ventitude.

All Pro
    We are not a great team. The last three games proove that. I"m not going crazy about beating Detroit and Denver. The Greenbay game was horrible.

Hall Of Fame
    they can keep their stinkin' respect

I'll take the 6 wins and first place instead

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    We are not a great team. The last three games proove that. I"m not going crazy about beating Detroit and Denver. The Greenbay game was horrible.
    Would that apply to the Ravens as well?? They lost to the Bengals gave up 34 points to the Bills at home that we beat and just nipped the Pats that we beat..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post

The Pats, Colts and Steelers have earned their respect over time, we haven't.
    That.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Would that apply to the Ravens as well?? They lost to the Bengals gave up 34 points to the Bills at home that we beat and just nipped the Pats that we beat..
    Actually, yes. I don't think the Ravens can call themselves a "great" team anymore than we can.

Problem is, I'm not a Ravens fan. I'm a Jets fan, who happens to think the talent we have on our roster isn't showing on the field. So either I'm thinking this team is better than it is (quite possible), or they need to show a more concerted effort in reaching that full potential.

If you've chosen to lower your expectations, that's fine -- and maybe even correct. But as long as I look at this team as a "title contender", I'm gonna expect more, and don't expect any unearned respect . . .