Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick in Schotty's system?

Michael Vick in Schotty's system?

anybody hear Sirius radio today there was some reporter that called in that said sources he knows close to the Vikings say the Vikes are planning to go full steam after Schotty this year and throw house money at Vick. They asked him why isn't chlidress fired and he said its because they are trying to show respect so the next coach doesn't think ownership mistreats the coaches and then he mentioned the Schotty thing. He said either way the Vikes can either draft a QB and let Schotty develop em or they plan to go after Kolb or Vick depending on how the Eagles play it out and he mentioned a bunch of other QB's who were pretty good just can't remember off the top of my head. Even Schotty haters have to admit that Vick in Schotty's system is a scary thought. This is Sean Payton pt 2 in my opinion. Anyways if the Chargers get bounced out from the playoff's or don't make it ... either way Norv is most likely out and apparently this is Schotty's first choice. Either way if the Vikings situation is presented right even after the disaster this team went through this year, this might hard not to pass up. Vikes D is solid, Adrian Peterson, Harvin, Rice if healthy. I don't know but just the thought is crazy. I know its mid-season but its worth the thought process. Schotty haters will get their wish and I think if Minny thing some how happened ... whoa .....

All Pro
    Schoddy's a QB killer, look at his history..............

Hall Of Fame
    He's all yours, Ziggy.

(Even if he did call a good game against the Browns, he's too incosistent).

Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    Schoddy's a QB killer, look at his history..............
    lol what are you talking about? He's developed Drew Bries who til this day credits Schotty for the bulk of his success. Philip Rivers who before we played them in the playoff's said that Schotty got him ready a year or 2 earlier than he should have been. Then you got Sanchez. Um his track record says the opposite of being a QB killer.

Hall Of Fame
    Hey who knows? Maybe Schotty would be a better Head Coach than OC. We just don't know....But he will be someone ELSE'S problem, though and that's the important thing.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Vick has his own system within the West Coast Offense.

All League
    Say what you want but Andy Reid is a hell of an X's and O's guy. He's produced with garbage for many years. His screen plays and routes are some of the best in the league. Clock management, personnel decisions, and ratio of run to pass is suspect though.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    lol what are you talking about? He's developed Drew Bries who til this day credits Schotty for the bulk of his success. Philip Rivers who before we played them in the playoff's said that Schotty got him ready a year or 2 earlier than he should have been. Then you got Sanchez. Um his track record says the opposite of being a QB killer.
    Mmmmmkay, let me re-phrase that, Schoddy's an Offensive Playcalling killer.

All Pro
    Oh, and all the QB's that play in his system regress:

Penny
    Favre
    Sanchez

All Pro
    Aw right...............I'm being facetious about Schoddy, don't wanna hurt nobody's feeling

All Pro
    I hope Schotty gets his chance at a HC position, and both of those scenarios seem like good ones for him. Say what you want about him developing QB's but the honest truth is they all got better once they were away from Schotty.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    I hope Schotty gets his chance at a HC position, and both of those scenarios seem like good ones for him. Say what you want about him developing QB's but the honest truth is they all got better once they were away from Schotty.
    THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran
    anybody hear Sirius radio today there was some reporter that called in that said sources he knows close to the Vikings say the Vikes are planning to go full steam after Schotty this year and throw house money at Vick.

FINALLY LadainianIMnotDONE posts something worth reading!!

Schotty + Michael Vick, Adrian Peterson, Percy Harvin, Sidney Rice = 16 points per game

I've always pictured Schottenheimer ending up in San Francisco where that offense and team is looking for a coach who can develop a QB. Minnesota's a similar spot I guess....and he'd be getting an LT type back in the offense.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 11-16-2010 at 08:18 PM.

well if sch$tty gets the vikings job then all of his excuses about how badly the jets offense will go away. he won't have to worry about the weather for home games. of course he may have to worry about driving to the stadium in winter.

i think vick's talent will make just about any offensive coordinator look good. there are just too many things for a defense to prepare against when they play vick. but in philly he also has some darn good receivers in jackson and macklin. i don't think he'll have the same in minny although peterson will take some of the load off.

Hall Of Fame
    I just hope Sanchez continues to play well. Lets face it - we really don't know WHO is responsible for Sanchez becoming a pretty good QB in year two. I'm apt to say it was Schotty who made him what he is. After all, he DID make Rivers and Brees great, that much is true.

I just know that often Schotty over thinks things. He gets too cute and ends up screwing the pooch. How anyone could say our two losses were not Schotty's fault, I will never know. He handcuffed Sanchez in the Ravens game and it prevented from any chance at winning. In the GB game, he all but abandoned the running game when it was in fact WORKING. When you look at those losses you always end up looking at the playcalling.

Lets face it - we really don't know WHO is responsible for Sanchez becoming a pretty good QB in year two.
    Whoa whoa whoa...If one guy is capable of getting all the credit for Sanchez and the offense sucking, then surely...I mean Sanchez's play is pretty well coordinated this year...If you have it, throw it...if not, throw it away...no?

We lost the Ravens game by 1 point and we were still in it up until Keller stepped out of bounds. Never been sure why that game is such a big deal for those who dislike Schottenheimer...Green Bay held the Jets to less than 4 YPC (run not working), and really was just a dumb game in general.
    Last edited by Much ado about Nothing; 11-16-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Veteran
    Credit should be given to Charlie Weiss for going 6-2 down the stretch in '99 with freakin' Ray Lucas at QB.
    This stuff about giving Schitty credit for Mark Sanchez' development is ridiculous. Mark Sanchez was the 5th pick in the draft for many reasons. He is a good football player that works hard and studies harder. He is improving on his own merit.
    LDTnotdone or whatever your name is....yet another baseless, silly thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Ziggy, make it happen.

Sanchez' intelligence is greatly underrated. I think with Calahan still here Sanchez could be put into a Peyton Manning role (no, I'm not saying he'll be just as good) and call the plays.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I just hope Sanchez continues to play well. Lets face it - we really don't know WHO is responsible for Sanchez becoming a pretty good QB in year two. I'm apt to say it was Schotty who made him what he is. After all, he DID make Rivers and Brees great, that much is true.

I just know that often Schotty over thinks things. He gets too cute and ends up screwing the pooch. How anyone could say our two losses were not Schotty's fault, I will never know. He handcuffed Sanchez in the Ravens game and it prevented from any chance at winning. In the GB game, he all but abandoned the running game when it was in fact WORKING. When you look at those losses you always end up looking at the playcalling.
    A voice of reason and truth. Thank you.