Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official JI "Predict the Woodhead Effect" Thread. Get Your Predictions in NOW!

JetsInsider.com Legend

The Official JI "Predict the Woodhead Effect" Thread. Get Your Predictions in NOW!

You read it right, some on this board has been awash in abject terror and the depths of regret (and for some, appropriate respect) for the beast that is "the Woodhead" since he became a Patriot.

He has been described by some here as the best running back on the Pats, a more explosive weapon than either Brady or Branch, and the sole reason the Pats are 9-2 today. Thats some VERY high praise indeed by our wise sages here at JI.

As such, it's only right that the masses of the JI faithful put their opinions on the line, and predict us some Danny Woodhead performance this coming week vs. our beloved Jets.

So get those predictions in now, rushing, passing, TD's, special team, what oh what will Danny "the Beast" Woodhead do vs. our Jets in the spotlight of Monday Night Football?

What WILL Woodhead do to our Jets?

All Pro
    Woodhead is irrelevant--he is what he is. Whats relevant is Brady--and if you don't put pressure on him for four quarters you lose. It doesn't matter what his surrounding cast is.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

he will have a solid game and score the first td. maybe another.

Hall Of Fame
    Li'l Danny will take a knee to the head on the opening kickoff and will be out for the rest of the game.

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't they just sign Woodhead to a 2-year extension?

Good for him but I hope he is stopped for a 5-yard loss every time he touches the football and loses 5 fumbles in the game.

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Didn't they just sign Woodhead to a 2-year extension?

Good for him but I hope he is stopped for a 5-yard loss every time he touches the football and loses 5 fumbles in the game.
    I'd say the chances of that happening are slim, since he's not been stopped for negative yards or had a fumble yet this year.

Hall Of Fame
    This dude eats pieces of **** like Danny Woodhead for breakfast

Waterboy
    ??? "pieces of **** like Danny Woodhead" ??? What are you, 12 years old or something? The guy comes here and works his butt off, gives all he has for the team, then gets booted for a non-productive 4th rounder, and you call him a piece of ****? Grow up kid, that comment really says volumes about you.

Rookie
    You have either misread or misinterpreted, purposefully or not, everyone's comments about Woodhead. No one believes that Woodhead is the next Adrian Peterson. He has however, helped the Pats a lot, filling in nicely for Kevin Faulk. He will have his usual solid game against us, maybe a touchdown, maybe not, probably about 10 touches and probably converting a couple 3rd and 8+. He is also excellent in blitz pick-ups and this could hurt us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by dco20 View Post
    ??? "pieces of **** like Danny Woodhead" ??? What are you, 12 years old or something? The guy comes here and works his butt off, gives all he has for the team, then gets booted for a non-productive 4th rounder, and you call him a piece of ****? Grow up kid, that comment really says volumes about you.
    Dear Mrs. Woodhead,

Please relax. I meant no offense to your little boy. I was using a quote from the Adam Sandler blockbuster, "Happy Gilmore." I wasn't really calling your son a "piece of ****;" it was a joke. Please note the smiley (this guy --> ).

My apologies if my post offended you.

Respectfully,

Dirtstar.

Banned
    The only prediction I'll make about Danny Woodhead is that after Dec. 6, all Jets fans are going to be pissed he plays for the 10-2 Patriots.

All League
    Charter JI Member

My prediction is that guys like Harris, Pace and Scott will not be covering him just b/c he's a RB.

I figure Rex is too smart for that and will have a DB like Lowery shadowing him on passing situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    This dude eats pieces of **** like Danny Woodhead for breakfast

David Harris eats pieces of **** for breakfast?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    David Harris eats pieces of **** for breakfast?
    at least someone got the joke.

too bad it had to be you

All Pro
    Woodhead will get 25 yards rushing and 30 yards receiving. 0 tds

Quote Originally Posted by dco20 View Post
    wow chill out

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You read it right, some on this board has been awash in abject terror and the depths of regret (and for some, appropriate respect) for the beast that is "the Woodhead" since he became a Patriot.

He has been described by some here as the best running back on the Pats, a more explosive weapon than either Brady or Branch, and the sole reason the Pats are 9-2 today. Thats some VERY high praise indeed by our wise sages here at JI.

As such, it's only right that the masses of the JI faithful put their opinions on the line, and predict us some Danny Woodhead performance this coming week vs. our beloved Jets.

So get those predictions in now, rushing, passing, TD's, special team, what oh what will Danny "the Beast" Woodhead do vs. our Jets in the spotlight of Monday Night Football?

PAEANS to the god of Hyperbole....Sir Warfish.

The only discussion I ever heard here was what a mistake it was for the Jets to have kept McNight over Woodhead (or whomever they kept instead of Woody). THAT mistake was compounded because of how Woodhead has helped the Jets biggest rival.

Woodhead has been a VERY effective 3rd down back, both running the ball and catching it. That's all. No Pat fan, or Jet fan for that matter, has ever claimed he was a Pro Bowl lock or headed for Canton. Those are YOUR words. He was just a gift from the Gods, and just ONE of the reasons the Pats are now 9-2, because after Faulk and Taylor went down, the Pats next choice for rd down back would have former QB, Julian Edelman.
    Last edited by patsfanken; 11-27-2010 at 12:49 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    The only prediction I'll make about Danny Woodhead is that after Dec. 6, all Jets fans are going to be pissed he plays for the 10-2 Patriots.
    mmmm arrogance, I love it.

Sad thing is that if the Jets win you'll never post on this board again, or at least under the same name.

Veteran
    Woodhead will be Wooddead after the JETS D get to the lil F***in midget

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    PAEANS to the god of Hyperbole....Sir Warfish.
    Thats "My Lord, Mr. Moderator Warfish" to you Ken, please make note for future reference.

The only discussion I ever heard here was what a mistake it was for the Jets to have kept McNight over Woodhead
    An utterly unverifyable opinion, of course.

Since we don't know what would have happened if (for example) McKnight had been snagged by the Pats instead (an distinct possabillity given they took much-lesser regarded/lower-potential-yet-similar-style Woodhead), we'll never know what McKnight could/would have done as a Patriot.

Or any other small, speedy-style third-down-type RB for that matter.

THAT mistake was compounded because of how Woodhead has helped the Jets biggest rival.
    He's been a warm body to plug into a great offense, injuries or not. When you're getting handed off to by Brady, and with guys liek BRanch now catching passes, it's not hard to find some room as a RB.

He is not ever your #1 RB right now, he's clearly the #2 behind Green-Ellis, and likely the #3 or #4 next year if retained. He's a factor in your wins because he got touches, but not the major/primary factor in your wins many have claimed him to be ("The Pats aren;t 9-2 without Woodhead" is a common belief here).

I'm sorry, but delete Danny Woodhead from existence, and the Pats are still 9-2, and some other guy has his numbers right now.

The only hyperbole on this site is the hype-driven bemoaning of regret for an undersized feel-good-story #3 RB who (it must be said again and again) would never have seen the field as a NY Jet, and only sees it now (for now) for the Pats because nearly the entire roster ahead of him is hurt.

My own prediction for the game: 8 carries, 27 yards, 3 catches, 12 yards, no TD's and one Fumble.

If I'm going to have faith, it's in the Jets D, or Tom Brady for your side, not in Danny Woodhead.

Woodhead 14 catches 120 yards 2 TDs
    And now (from the other thread) we have Gronks prediction as well. If he has these numbers catching, I loath to think his numbers on the ground!
    Last edited by Warfish; 11-27-2010 at 01:58 PM.