Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Wilson

Rookie

Kyle Wilson

I think he's the perfect guy on the field to shadow any screens the pats* wanna run. He's quick and decisive. He wont have to cover anyone down field and can use him in some blitz packages. Thoughts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    I think he's the perfect guy on the field to shadow any screens the pats* wanna run. He's quick and decisive. He wont have to cover anyone down field and can use him in some blitz packages. Thoughts?
    Ummm...how will we know when they are going to run a screen?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Vick View Post
    Ok well I'm sure there is a way to keep him in some sort of zone to either welker or woodheads side. Like the Jets, when time is running out in the pocket, they'll usually keep a receiver on a short screen-type play.

Hall Of Fame
    ummm... when their offense is on the field...?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Wilson is a decent tackler. He's struggled in the slot this year, but has made some good tackles.

The videos man. Don't you know nuttin

Banned
    I have no problem with having Wilson try to break up a screen pass, but if he's in the game and they don't throw a screen pass, won't he have to cover someone down field?

I'm not sure Cromartie can cover Branch effectively. So, Revis is going to have to cover Branch, Cromartie on Tate, Wilson on Welker, Smith on Hernandez, and a LB on Woodhead. That's just the way it's going to be.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Wilson is a decent tackler. He's struggled in the slot this year, but has made some good tackles.
    And thats what you NEED to beat the Pasts*, GREAT tackling. I've noticed Wilsons strength lies in getting to the guy with the ball quickly, and wrapping up and going straight down. He's a violent tackler. Perfect for those quick little possession receivers. Thats why I suggested more of a zone rather than one on one. Similar to how you almost HAVE to have a QB spy on Vick, you should have a "Screen Spy."

Veteran
    I have no problem with having Wilson try to break up a screen pass, but if he's in the game and they don't throw a screen pass, won't he have to cover someone down field?

I'm not sure Cromartie can cover Branch effectively. So, Revis is going to have to cover Branch, Cromartie on Tate, Wilson on Welker, Smith on Hernandez, and a LB on Woodhead. That's just the way it's going to be.
    Nooooo

Rookie

ZONE, you cant win with straight up Man-to-Man coverage on the Pats, no way. A M2M-Zone combo should do the trick

Banned
    Roger Vick has spoken.

There is no need for further discussion on this topic.

Rookie
    Roger Vick has spoken.

Rookie
    Roger Vick has spoken.

Well I guess that was good enough for everyone else. I just enjoy strategy. There are no set rules for defense, I love it. The JETS are good enough and versatile enough to play any team. I think while Rex had a good defensive team in Blt, we have the potential to be BETTER.

Banned
    Well I guess that was good enough for everyone else. I just enjoy strategy. There are no set rules for defense, I love it. The JETS are good enough and versatile enough to play any team. I think while Rex had a good defensive team in Blt, we have the potential to be BETTER.
    I think you'll see a lot of different looks from the Jets defense on Monday night. Including some zone, some M2M, Revis on Branch, Revis on Welker, Wilson/Lowery on Welker, etc.

All League
    Thoughts?

Kyle Wilson = Bu$t

Practice Squad
    Ok well I'm sure there is a way to keep him in some sort of zone to either welker or woodheads side. Like the Jets, when time is running out in the pocket, they'll usually keep a receiver on a short screen-type play.
    well we could keep him in zone coverage on the left or right side of the center near the sideline with only a 10 yd bubble for him to cover
    Last edited by 2nd generation jet fan; 12-02-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Veteran
    And thats what you NEED to beat the Pasts*, GREAT tackling. I've noticed Wilsons strength lies in getting to the guy with the ball quickly, and wrapping up and going straight down. He's a violent tackler. Perfect for those quick little possession receivers. Thats why I suggested more of a zone rather than one on one. Similar to how you almost HAVE to have a QB spy on Vick, you should have a "Screen Spy."
    I don't know which Wilson you've been watching, but ours sucks.

All League
    He also tackles very well in the open field, which conveniently for the haters no one has pointed out.

All League
    Cromartie on Tate would be a waste of his talent. Pats would take that

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    He also tackles very well in the open field, which conveniently for the haters no one has pointed out.
    Because they only see "oh he's barely playing, so he sucks at everything, bust, this, that." But maybe put him an underneath zone where hes not covering one on one and watch him nearly eliminate the screen game. He may not be good one one one, but he has great ability to read plays and has extraordinary reaction speed breaking to the ball carrier. And as I said before, definitely a great tackler, maybe even one of the better ones on the secondary. I think Wilson could match welker!!!