Thread: Experience advantage for the Jets?

All Pro

Experience advantage for the Jets?

A lot of things before such a big game can be seen as major factors. Thinking about it the last couple of days I really stumbled about how important experience can become on MNF. Now this is basically a playoff type game with a lot on the line and the way things are leading up to it. So I guess it is safe to say that it will be a special kind of atmosphere and game on monday. We all know that the Patriots have a bunch of young and inexperienced players playing in major roles, definitely more than the Jets.

Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Deaderick, Gronkowski and McCourty are rookies, Woodhead, Brace, Tate and Chung are realtively fresh in their increased roles.

The Jets feature a lot more big time, experienced pros who can look back on years and years of intense battles and playoff battles and bring that swagger and knowledge into the game on monday. I'm talking about LT, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes and of course others who have been here longer.

Now it might not mean anything, the game will be decided by a lot of others things but regarding the magnitude of this game and the importance, I think the Jets should deal with the emotions and the moment a little better than some of the Patriots. It might show in a dropped ball or something else seemingly small but those things can mount or even ultimatively decide the game.

It also struck me seeing Santonio Holmes in an interview today. Honed from years in Pittsburgh, all those tough games with them in the postseason and of course the Super Bowl, you could sense how focused he is and that he will come to play on monday. You could sense his inner fire and how he really is prepared for a game of this magnitude.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    A lot of things before such a big game can be seen as major factors. Thinking about it the last couple of days I really stumbled about how important experience can become on MNF. Now this is basically a playoff type game with a lot on the line and the way things are leading up to it. So I guess it is safe to say that it will be a special kind of atmosphere and game on monday. We all know that the Patriots have a bunch of young and inexperienced players playing in major roles, definitely more than the Jets.

Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez, Deaderick, Gronkowski and McCourty are rookies, Woodhead, Brace, Tate and Chung are realtively fresh in their increased roles.

The Jets feature a lot more big time, experienced pros who can look back on years and years of intense battles and playoff battles and bring that swagger and knowledge into the game on monday. I'm talking about LT, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes and of course others who have been here longer.

Now it might not mean anything, the game will be decided by a lot of others things but regarding the magnitude of this game and the importance, I think the Jets should deal with the emotions and the moment a little better than some of the Patriots. It might show in a dropped ball or something else seemingly small but those things can mount or even ultimatively decide the game.

It also struck me seeing Santonio Holmes in an interview today. Honed from years in Pittsburgh, all those tough games with them in the postseason and of course the Super Bowl, you could sense how focused he is and that he will come to play on monday. You could sense his inner fire and how he really is prepared for a game of this magnitude.
    I love my JETS but BRADY is on fire...... experience, he's got plenty to go around? Like your post but I made NO bets this week on the JETS. I did take them in my pool and am as pumped as I have been since the 2009 playoffs!

fail

Brady's overall experience >>>>>>>>>>> than the jets prime time experience this season...

not only fail but epic at that

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    fail

Brady's overall experience >>>>>>>>>>> than the jets prime time experience this season...

not only fail but epic at that
    Look, you didn't get the point. For every individual it is different. Sure, Brady will be huge and of course a calming influence for his teammates as will others like Wilfork, Welker or Branch be. But for the individual player to play as good as you can, it takes a little more in these type of games than it does in others. I feel that the Jets from top to bottom should have that preparation for the magnitude of the game a little better than the guys on the other side.