Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Kyle Orton is horrible...

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683

    Kyle Orton is horrible...

    just saying. I can't see him as the starting QB next year in Denver. If so, McDaniels will lose his job for sure.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    just saying. I can't see him as the starting QB next year in Denver. If so, McDaniels will lose his job for sure.
    Didnt they extend Orton this year, gave him nice money. They also drafted a "QB" in the first round, not sure sure why they did both.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Not Scout
    Posts
    9,051
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Didnt they extend Orton this year, gave him nice money. They also drafted a "QB" in the first round, not sure sure why they did both.
    They're not sure either.

  4. #4
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Didnt they extend Orton this year, gave him nice money. They also drafted a "QB" in the first round, not sure sure why they did both.
    Didn't see the whole game, just the 4th quarter...but never saw Tebow.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Didn't see the whole game, just the 4th quarter...but never saw Tebow.
    Tebow??? Who's he?

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Passing(Qualified* | All) Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
    1 Drew Brees NO QB 337 485 69.5 40.4 3,634 7.5 302.8 25 16 179 36.9 80T 38 10 17 94.6
    2 Kyle Orton DEN QB 274 457 60.0 38.1 3,487 7.6 290.6 20 6 163 35.7 71 51 11 33 93.0
    3 Philip Rivers SD QB 249 376 66.2 34.2 3,362 8.9 305.6 23 9 162 43.1 59T 51 12 25 104.9
    4 Peyton Manning IND QB 317 486 65.2 44.2 3,344 6.9 304.0 22 11 182 37.4 73T 30 5 13 90.8
    5 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 261 399 65.4 33.2 3,243 8.1 270.2 23 9 154 38.6 86T 43 8 25 100.3
    6 Donovan McNabb WAS QB 253 437 57.9 36.4 3,149 7.2 262.4 12 15 139 31.8 76 37 11 35 75.2
    7 Matt Schaub HOU QB 258 403 64.0 33.6 3,089 7.7 257.4 17 8 157 39.0 60 42 6 26 93.2
    8 Carson Palmer CIN QB 280 465 60.2 38.8 3,009 6.5 250.8 20 15 159 34.2 78T 32 6 23 80.1
    9 Eli Manning NYG QB 260 401 64.8 33.4 2,982 7.4 248.5 23 17 144 35.9 54T 45 5 12 88.6
    10 Joe Flacco BAL QB 231 365 63.3 33.2 2,722 7.5 247.5 18 8 135 37.0 65T 32 4 23 93.2
    11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 262 405 64.7 36.8 2,715 6.7 246.8 19 5 142 35.1 46 27 5 17 94.4
    12 Tom Brady NE QB 236 356 66.3 32.4 2,703 7.6 245.7 23 4 136 38.2 79T 36 5 15 105.8
    13 Chad Henne MIA QB 228 367 62.1 33.4 2,621 7.1 238.3 12 15 130 35.4 57T 32 4 17 77.5
    14 Jay Cutler CHI QB 201 318 63.2 28.9 2,545 8.0 231.4 17 10 126 39.6 89T 30 4 41 92.8
    15 Matt Cassel KC QB 212 354 59.9 29.5 2,503 7.1 208.6 23 4 133 37.6 53T 34 3 17 98.4
    16 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 201 364 55.2 33.1 2,472 6.8 224.7 16 8 121 33.2 74T 37 9 19 81.9
    17 Sam Bradford STL QB 250 413 60.5 37.5 2,466 6.0 224.2 17 9 132 32.0 49 26 2 22 82.0
    18 Brett Favre MIN QB 212 351 60.4 29.2 2,446 7.0 203.8 10 18 111 31.6 53T 37 1 21 69.6
    19 Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB 209 351 59.5 35.1 2,392 6.8 239.2 10 9 106 30.2 87T 26 9 25 78.9
    20 Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF QB 207 355 58.3 35.5 2,384 6.7 238.4 20 11 117 33.0 65T 29 6 17 84.5
    21 Josh Freeman TB QB 194 327 59.3 29.7 2,261 6.9 205.5 15 5 106 32.4 58T 33 6 18 89.3
    22 Michael Vick PHI QB 171 268 63.8 29.8 2,243 8.4 249.2 15 2 100 37.3 88T 38 9 23 105.7
    23 Shaun Hill DET QB 215 351 61.3 39.0 2,206 6.3 245.1 13 11 107 30.5 75T 26 2 14 78.6
    24 David Garrard JAC QB 179 268 66.8 24.4 1,982 7.4 180.2 17 11 97 36.2 75 26 4 26 92.6
    25 Derek Anderson ARI QB 162 307 52.8 27.9 1,972 6.4 179.3 7 9 91 29.6 43 31 1 24 68.2
    26 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 137 220 62.3 31.4 1,825 8.3 260.7 12 4 83 37.7 53T 30 4 19 99.1
    27 Tony Romo DAL QB 148 213 69.5 35.5 1,605 7.5 267.5 11 7 75 35.2 69T 21 2 7 94.9
    28 Alex Smith SF QB 143 242 59.1 34.6 1,554 6.4 222.0 9 9 73 30.2 53 16 3 13 75.0
    29 Jon Kitna DAL QB 130 200 65.0 33.3 1,536 7.7 256.0 10 8 71 35.5 71T 21 6 12 88.2
    30 Jason Campbell OAK QB 104 190 54.7 23.8 1,322 7.0 165.2 7 6 57 30.0 69T 15 6 23 75.8
    31 Bruce Gradkowski OAK QB 83 157 52.9 26.2 1,059 6.7 176.5 5 7 50 31.8 70 15 4 10 66.3
    32 Jimmy Clausen CAR QB 83 166 50.0 20.8 887 5.3 110.9 1 5 42 25.3 55T 8 2 16 55.5

    * To qualify for passer rating, the player must have thrown at least 14 passes/game.
    Other LinksHall of Fame Record & Fact Book Rule Book

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by JI View Post
    Passing(Qualified* | All) Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
    1 Drew Brees NO QB 337 485 69.5 40.4 3,634 7.5 302.8 25 16 179 36.9 80T 38 10 17 94.6
    2 Kyle Orton DEN QB 274 457 60.0 38.1 3,487 7.6 290.6 20 6 163 35.7 71 51 11 33 93.0
    3 Philip Rivers SD QB 249 376 66.2 34.2 3,362 8.9 305.6 23 9 162 43.1 59T 51 12 25 104.9
    4 Peyton Manning IND QB 317 486 65.2 44.2 3,344 6.9 304.0 22 11 182 37.4 73T 30 5 13 90.8
    5 Aaron Rodgers GB QB 261 399 65.4 33.2 3,243 8.1 270.2 23 9 154 38.6 86T 43 8 25 100.3
    6 Donovan McNabb WAS QB 253 437 57.9 36.4 3,149 7.2 262.4 12 15 139 31.8 76 37 11 35 75.2
    7 Matt Schaub HOU QB 258 403 64.0 33.6 3,089 7.7 257.4 17 8 157 39.0 60 42 6 26 93.2
    8 Carson Palmer CIN QB 280 465 60.2 38.8 3,009 6.5 250.8 20 15 159 34.2 78T 32 6 23 80.1
    9 Eli Manning NYG QB 260 401 64.8 33.4 2,982 7.4 248.5 23 17 144 35.9 54T 45 5 12 88.6
    10 Joe Flacco BAL QB 231 365 63.3 33.2 2,722 7.5 247.5 18 8 135 37.0 65T 32 4 23 93.2
    11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 262 405 64.7 36.8 2,715 6.7 246.8 19 5 142 35.1 46 27 5 17 94.4
    12 Tom Brady NE QB 236 356 66.3 32.4 2,703 7.6 245.7 23 4 136 38.2 79T 36 5 15 105.8
    13 Chad Henne MIA QB 228 367 62.1 33.4 2,621 7.1 238.3 12 15 130 35.4 57T 32 4 17 77.5
    14 Jay Cutler CHI QB 201 318 63.2 28.9 2,545 8.0 231.4 17 10 126 39.6 89T 30 4 41 92.8
    15 Matt Cassel KC QB 212 354 59.9 29.5 2,503 7.1 208.6 23 4 133 37.6 53T 34 3 17 98.4
    16 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 201 364 55.2 33.1 2,472 6.8 224.7 16 8 121 33.2 74T 37 9 19 81.9
    17 Sam Bradford STL QB 250 413 60.5 37.5 2,466 6.0 224.2 17 9 132 32.0 49 26 2 22 82.0
    18 Brett Favre MIN QB 212 351 60.4 29.2 2,446 7.0 203.8 10 18 111 31.6 53T 37 1 21 69.6
    19 Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB 209 351 59.5 35.1 2,392 6.8 239.2 10 9 106 30.2 87T 26 9 25 78.9
    20 Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF QB 207 355 58.3 35.5 2,384 6.7 238.4 20 11 117 33.0 65T 29 6 17 84.5
    21 Josh Freeman TB QB 194 327 59.3 29.7 2,261 6.9 205.5 15 5 106 32.4 58T 33 6 18 89.3
    22 Michael Vick PHI QB 171 268 63.8 29.8 2,243 8.4 249.2 15 2 100 37.3 88T 38 9 23 105.7
    23 Shaun Hill DET QB 215 351 61.3 39.0 2,206 6.3 245.1 13 11 107 30.5 75T 26 2 14 78.6
    24 David Garrard JAC QB 179 268 66.8 24.4 1,982 7.4 180.2 17 11 97 36.2 75 26 4 26 92.6
    25 Derek Anderson ARI QB 162 307 52.8 27.9 1,972 6.4 179.3 7 9 91 29.6 43 31 1 24 68.2
    26 Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 137 220 62.3 31.4 1,825 8.3 260.7 12 4 83 37.7 53T 30 4 19 99.1
    27 Tony Romo DAL QB 148 213 69.5 35.5 1,605 7.5 267.5 11 7 75 35.2 69T 21 2 7 94.9
    28 Alex Smith SF QB 143 242 59.1 34.6 1,554 6.4 222.0 9 9 73 30.2 53 16 3 13 75.0
    29 Jon Kitna DAL QB 130 200 65.0 33.3 1,536 7.7 256.0 10 8 71 35.5 71T 21 6 12 88.2
    30 Jason Campbell OAK QB 104 190 54.7 23.8 1,322 7.0 165.2 7 6 57 30.0 69T 15 6 23 75.8
    31 Bruce Gradkowski OAK QB 83 157 52.9 26.2 1,059 6.7 176.5 5 7 50 31.8 70 15 4 10 66.3
    32 Jimmy Clausen CAR QB 83 166 50.0 20.8 887 5.3 110.9 1 5 42 25.3 55T 8 2 16 55.5

    * To qualify for passer rating, the player must have thrown at least 14 passes/game.
    Other LinksHall of Fame Record & Fact Book Rule Book
    Stats don't always win games. He was absolutely horrible. Did you watch the game?

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Stats don't always win games. He was absolutely horrible. Did you watch the game?
    And one horrible game doesnt define a career.

  9. #9
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    And one horrible game doesnt define a career.
    LOL the Orton apologists are out. Wow. You're right, he's definitely All-Pro.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL the Orton apologists are out. Wow. You're right, he's definitely All-Pro.
    It's not the QB its the team that surrounds him.

  11. #11
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    LOL the Orton apologists are out. Wow. You're right, he's definitely All-Pro.
    Thats what you gathered from my post. Wow.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Orton is a Purdue QB, they're known to throw the ball all over the place (Brees).

    He's a good QB, not great. Statistics don't tell the whole story.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexi Rexi View Post
    Thats what you gathered from my post. Wow.
    Pretty much. If you watched the game, he was horrible. Peyton Manning was horrible as well. I make a comment and people come out and defend the guy. He would make a nice back-up. He's better than Kellen Clemens though.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    lol one game and he is horrible
    sanchez must be complete **** to you then, along with every other qb in this league


    Im gonna start a thread talking about how the colts better cut manning before next season, he is horrible

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Orton is a Purdue QB, they're known to throw the ball all over the place (Brees).

    He's a good QB, not great. Statistics don't tell the whole story.
    He was horrible today against a weak pass defense John. He made terrible throws to open receivers. I think he had barely over 100 yards.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He was horrible today against a weak pass defense John. He made terrible throws to open receivers. I think he had barely over 100 yards.
    I didn't see the game, I'm just going off of how I've seen him play the last couple of years.

    Everyone has bad games. Look at Manning the last couple of weeks.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    just saying. I can't see him as the starting QB next year in Denver. If so, McDaniels will lose his job for sure.
    you don't know **** about football!

  18. #18
    Mc Daniels shouldn't have a job next season period. The guy is a scrub of a coach. He is 5 and 17 since starting 6 and 0 last year. 5 and 17 is Kotite numbers. You can't blame it all on Orton but I agree, Orton really isn't that good of a QB. Most of his yards either come against bad secondaries or when he has to throw every down because his team is far behind. We pretty much shut him down in DEN. Your team is 3 and 9, I don't care how many yards you put up, I would rather have a leader at the QB spot, a QB who wins games.

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,046
    Orton is the only reason they're even competitive

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,567
    Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Didnt they extend Orton this year, gave him nice money. They also drafted a "QB" in the first round, not sure sure why they did both.
    And traded Peyton Hillis for Brady Quinn.

    What sense did that make?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us