Thread: Will a Jets Pass Rush show up against the Pats?

Veteran

Will a Jets Pass Rush show up against the Pats?

Just wondering if a pass rush will show up tomorrow night. or are we just going to let brady throw all day on our D.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This...is the bajillion dollar question.

Hall Of Fame
    It better, if we have any chance of winning.

All Pro
    The pass rush has been MIA all season long, even when we are blitzing. I really don't think that will change this game, especially since Brady gets rid of the ball so quick. Our Offense will have to win this game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If the Jets D plays like the Ravens D did this evening, there is NO WAY the Pats will win.

Can they? Sure. Jets D played well against the Pats and Ravens earlier. So, Rex needs to get the heads of each D player on straight.

Just pressure Brady.

Rookie
    I hope Rex takes over all the D play calling for this game.

Banned
    I'm expecting big production Jason Taylor tomorrow. He is due.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It won't be fast. We don't have the horses for that type of pass rush.

Best you can hope for are coverage sacks.

All Pro
    They know the Jets don't have a stud pass-rusher who will consistently beat one-on-ones, that's why I think Tom will be in 3-step drops for most of the night. I really can't see them rolling the dice on deep throws very often when they can move it 5-6 yards at a time.

Banned

Brady will have all the time in the world.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post
    Just wondering if a pass rush will show up tomorrow night. or are we just going to let brady throw all day on our D.
    It better. The big reason why we won the week 2 matchup against the Patsies was because we were able to generate so much pressure on Brady. He was hit like a dozen or more times in the first game and I know he was sacked more than once.

If we don't get our pass rush going, this game will be completely different. Brady will spend the game picking us apart.

If we pressure him, if we hurry him, if we hit him, if we sack him, etc., Brady will in turn miss open receivers when he hasn't been hit or hurried, he'll throw interceptions, he'll fumble the ball. That cause-effect is a recipe for success always.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdanNJ View Post

It's up to Rex and whether he can figure out some new blitzes that BB hasn't seen yet. We don't have any players who can generate a rush on their own, so there's no reason to expect that will somehow change tonight.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    The pass rush has been MIA all season long, even when we are blitzing. I really don't think that will change this game, especially since Brady gets rid of the ball so quick. Our Offense will have to win this game.
    Agree. If the Jets open up the offense New England won't be able to stop it. Jets defense will do enough.

I say the Jets score 30 tonight.