Thread: It was just an Old-Fashioned Butt Kicking

It was just an Old-Fashioned Butt Kicking

Everyone, please lets not over react to last night. We are 9-3 and going to make the playoffs. Honestly, I would rather lose that way then a 1 point heart-braker. The important thing is to re-group and defeat the Dolphins on Sunday. The division is still within our grasp.

I also believe that a 3rd game with the Patriots is in the cards, and I would love another shot at them.

Bottomline is, as embarrasing as last night was, let's not forget that it was only one loss and we are still in a great position for something special this year.

All Pro
    JF I agree... I go into every game wanting to win but reality is sometimes you can't expect to win. I did expect last night would be a closer game. I figured a big play by Brady, a mistake or turnover by us would be the difference.
    From what I saw last night the team looked tight. Rex over coached. First drive into the game you can't challenge a spot (not even close) then go for it. Either punt or go for it. The loss of the challenge set up the Rex non challenge on the TD later on. I am not sure that would have been over turned either.

Anyway we are 9-3. We pulled out 3 games that we probably shouldn't have won. Maybe this kicks our team in the a$$. Maybe they now wake up and realize the game has to be played and won on the field and not with the war or worlds.
    Bart Scott needs to just do his job (better) and stop the talking. Sanchez needs to play in cold weather (not sure if that can be learned or not). Revis & Cromartie have held there own and I like them back there.
    We have 4 games left - we need to win 2 of them. If possible the 2 AFC East games.
    Now we see whart this team is made of. No one will be resting starters this season when we play them. Both Chicago and Pittsburgh need every game they can get also.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Everyone, please lets not over react to last night. We are 9-3 and going to make the playoffs. Honestly, I would rather lose that way then a 1 point heart-braker. The important thing is to re-group and defeat the Dolphins on Sunday. The division is still within our grasp.

I also believe that a 3rd game with the Patriots is in the cards, and I would love another shot at them.

Bottomline is, as embarrasing as last night was, let's not forget that it was only one loss and we are still in a great position for something special this year.
    The Pats will beat us down again in the playoffs if we make it that far, superior team from top to bottom.

Veteran
    Really? I think not.

3rd game this season the Jets failed to score a TD.
    3rd down conversion rate sucks
    Jets beat on 500 team this season
    Sanchez sucks under Shotty
    No pass rush.

I have been saying this all season long, and all I get is I am just a SOJF.

Hall Of Fame

I was at the game sitting behind the Jets bench at the 45 yard line. Bottom line no leadership on either side of the ball. Nothing special about this team. Edwards came up small early and Holmes is an outright punk although a talented punk. We should let them walk after this year.

Sanchez is the future we better bring in some good young pass rushers for the D and draft some talent at WR to replace both Holmes and Edwards. The deal we made for Revis is going to hunt this team for years.

Woodhead showed me more last night then the entire Jets 2010 draft has all year.

The wheels fell off last night and the Jets were expossed to the entire league.

The Pats fans were great to my group and Gillette is a great place to watch a football game. I thank them for making the beat down tolerable.

All League

I said the same thing last night in the game thread (old fashion ass-kicking), almost the exact heading.

JETS will not see the Pats again this year. The JETS are not that good. They have now gone 8 straight games without a 1st. quarter td, that's obscene.

This team remains undisciplined, and the offensive coordinator is useless.

Waterboy

+1
    Lets hope this is the "real" wake-up call. The next four weeks are going to be huge.

All League
    Rex choked in the biggest game of the year. He opened the game with some ridiculous calls and then played like he had Brady on his side and not Sanchez

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I was at the game sitting behind the Jets bench at the 45 yard line. Bottom line no leadership on either side of the ball. Nothing special about this team. Edwards came up small early and Holmes is an outright punk although a talented punk. We should let them walk after this year.

Sanchez is the future we better bring in some good young pass rushers for the D and draft some talent at WR to replace both Holmes and Edwards. The deal we made for Revis is going to hunt this team for years.

Woodhead showed me more last night then the entire Jets 2010 draft has all year.

The wheels fell off last night and the Jets were expossed to the entire league.

The Pats fans were great to my group and Gillette is a great place to watch a football game. I thank them for making the beat down tolerable.

I agree that there are no leaders. Bart Scott is just a big mouth with a few big plays since he came here. On defense you would think the vocal guy would be the leader but that is not the case here. On offense I though Sanchez was going to run this team. To me it looks like he doesn't want to step on anyone shoes out there. He rather someone else take command... But the QB has to do that.

As far as Holmes being a punk there are many punks in the NFL every team has them. He has proven to a playmaker. I hate the little point after first downs especially when you down by 21 points. I think he should stay. Edwards dropped two last night that should be catches. He has had a good season thus far and i thought since he is playing for a contract he would excell. Not sure if we keep him.

As far as Woodhead - I called 1050 last night and was telling Buttle and LaGreca how Jay Feely and Peter King were tweeting on how the Jets made a huge mistake letting Woodhead go. Also the MNF TV crew were just priaing him. Buttle said that the Patriots use his differently than the way the Jets did. And then LaGreca said McKnight is a 4th rounder and that you don't give up on him that easy. He also said that Woodhead would have been released after week #4 when Holmes returned.

All League
    Last night was horrible but it was one game, just like NE vs Cleveland, get over it get your irons back in the fire and lets gear up for the playoff push and the post season. Rex and the CS are not very good @ game planning on extended breaks so maybe this will help. But damn some of you guys need Zanex or something one loss to a good team @ their house when the greatest QB in the game was on top of his game ISH happens. I'm still drinking the Kool Aid. Mark was off all nite and will be better from this. Prayerfully they all learned from this

All League
    It's very simple, when you talk trash all week and have some success, you start to inflate your status. Coaches, players, and fans alike. If your trash talking isn't followed with a healthy respect for your opponent and a commitment to getting better, this is bound to happen.