Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else turn off the sound last night?

Veteran

Did anyone else turn off the sound last night?

Tirico is such a Jets hater I couldn't stand it anymore. I was fed up with him before the game even started. He takes every opportunity to take jabs at the Jets. I thought you were supposed to TRY to be impartial. We should send a thread to ESPN that criticizes this clown.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Tirico is such a Jets hater I couldn't stand it anymore. I was fed up with him before the game even started. He takes every opportunity to take jabs at the Jets. I thought you were supposed to TRY to be impartial. We should send a thread to ESPN that criticizes this clown.
    Yes, I listened with no sound from about half way through the second quarter.

Veteran
    You must have turned it off prior to Tirico comparing last night to the butt kicking we took from Miami in 1986 after starting out 10-1. Then he went into detail about the '86 collapse including the double OT game against Cleveland. He then capped it off with the line 'Take it from someone who grew up a Jets fan.' He may seem anti Jets, but he apparently spent many years rooting for the Jets.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    You must have turned it off prior to Tirico comparing last night to the butt kicking we took from Miami in 1986 after starting out 10-1. Then he went into detail about the '86 collapse including the double OT game against Cleveland. He then capped it off with the line 'Take it from someone who grew up a Jets fan.' He may seem anti Jets, but he apparently spent many years rooting for the Jets.
    His hairline is a good indication of that...

Veteran
    Mike Tirico is an admitted Jets fan, you're post is silly

All Pro
    OMG, I couldnt take the Brady stroking that Gruden was on all night. He rode the Pats deek all game long. As if getting blow out wasn't bad enough, now we have announcers kicking us when we're down.

Good.

We deserve it.

Practice Squad
    Im papaphrasing here but he said: "Same Old Jets, get to the big game and choke." that hurt.

But its all a ratings game. As a broadcaster, when a big MNF game ends up being one-sided, you have keep viewers involved by highlighting the storylines. The storyline last night was the Jets being dominated in every phase and looking completely outmatched.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The truth hurts.

But yes, I did turn the sound down halfway through the 3rd quarter. Mostly because I couldn't stand to listen to Gruden for another second.

All Pro
    it's the worst MNF crew since OJ was in the booth...
    I'm sorry to say but Jaws and (not sorry) Gruden really have no business doing color commentary...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

no...i turned off the TV....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahataman View Post
    Im papaphrasing here but he said: "Same Old Jets, get to the big game and choke." that hurt.
    did he honestly SAY THAT ON LIVE TV???

Dude, that is very low-class. You're a commentator(the main one) who calls the action. You're supposed to NOT make comments like that. I don't give a sh-t that he was a Jets fan growing up....You DON'T make comments like that on the air. That A-hole.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HBJETFANBOB View Post
    Mike Tirico is an admitted Jets fan, you're post is silly
    He hates on them and it really pissed me off enough to mute the TV. I guess we have people here that do the same, but they aren't on TV. Phrases like same ol' Jets makes it obvious he doesn't know what he's talking about. That phrase is all about the Jets not being able to close out games and losing heartbreakers. He also went on about how the Jets haven't beaten anyone good. He comes up with thoughts that are on the surface and people in his position should be able to go deeper and really understand what the heck is going on. They even mentioned it on the Jets Postgame. Ray Lucas and Adam Schefter were stunned he was making such anti-Jet comments.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    OMG, I couldnt take the Brady stroking that Gruden was on all night. He rode the Pats deek all game long. As if getting blow out wasn't bad enough, now we have announcers kicking us when we're down.

Good.

We deserve it.
    -and then there was that too.

Hall Of Fame

Thumbs down

Can someone explain to me how Tirico got a job commentating in the first place?

This guy was pure FAIL last night.

All Pro
    Tirico is a Jets fan. He earned the right to use SOJ in a sentence as a result (even if he's wrong). I don't like any of the announcers, but can't call Tirico anti-Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Did anyone else turn off the sound last night?
    I wanted to. But I didn't.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Tirico is a Jets fan. He earned the right to use SOJ in a sentence as a result (even if he's wrong). I don't like any of the announcers, but can't call Tirico anti-Jets.
    I don't give a crap whether he's a Jets fan or not....As a Professional Commentator, you do NOT make statements like that on the Air. I don't care who you are.

You know about something called "Conflict of Interest", right?

Rookie
    I'd play the way Brady did also if I knew I was getting blown after the game

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I don't give a crap whether he's a Jets fan or not....As a Professional Commentator, you do NOT make statements like that on the Air. I don't care who you are.

You know about something called "Conflict of Interest", right?
    It's not a conflict of interest per se when you are a fan of the team you are criticizing. It would be a conflict if he was a Pats fan and criticizing the Jets.

BTW, Chris Berman does it all the time. He grew up a Jets fan too. Hell, most of these guys grew up Jets fans. I think Rich Eisen did too.

All League
    maybe it is because we suck and every time we are on MNF we stink it up to the point of unwatchableness