Thread: This team is not a playoff caliber team, now way no how!!

All League

This team is not a playoff caliber team, now way no how!!

They lost to the fins today and have been playing worse and worse as the season has progressed. The d played solid, but the offense is and has been an epic failure and it starts with the coaches.

This team has a bigger problem than this loss and meltdown. It starts from the owner, the GM and includes Ryan. These three gentlemen have mortgage this teams future for a must win the superbowl now mindset. The last 2 drafts have not produced any player that is a difference maker. They have brought in over the hill players and players that will most likely not be here next season. The issue is we have no one to replaced these hired guns and the talent pool after the starters is very weak. The team is the same team mangina built, but a lot older. We will not make the playoffs and will loose the rest of the games. Next season will be a rebuilding year. The d has maybe 4 total keepers and the o , with shotty in charge, it just sucks.

Right now this team is in worse condition than we realize and will take years to rebuild. Any person with any kind of football knowledge can see this. It's a bad empty feeling to watch this team go up in flames.

All Pro
    I'm generally not a negative person, and I always tend to be the optimist, especially concerning the Jets, but this team is a bunch of FRAUDS.

I'm just amazed that a profession football team cannot score a goddamn touchdown in 4 GAMES. That is just ridiculous. The Jets want to be a playoff team? They're kidding themselves.

Veteran
    i agree. Many will be blind and say but our record is so great. We won those games barely, they were scrub teams. sure browns beat pats blah blah blah. We have not played one game and dominated. sure we beat bills, we play them again and we won't blow them out. Bills playing way better and from the looks of things we are going to be in for a long December. stealers bears and bills OH MY!

All League
    The Bills are more exciting, that's for sure

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    They lost to the fins today and have been playing worse and worse as the season has progressed. The d played solid, but the offense is and has been an epic failure and it starts with the coaches.

This team has a bigger problem than this loss and meltdown. It starts from the owner, the GM and includes Ryan. These three gentlemen have mortgage this teams future for a must win the superbowl now mindset. The last 2 drafts have not produced any player that is a difference maker. They have brought in over the hill players and players that will most likely not be here next season. The issue is we have no one to replaced these hired guns and the talent pool after the starters is very weak. The team is the same team mangina built, but a lot older. We will not make the playoffs and will loose the rest of the games. Next season will be a rebuilding year. The d has maybe 4 total keepers and the o , with shotty in charge, it just sucks.

Right now this team is in worse condition than we realize and will take years to rebuild. Any person with any kind of football knowledge can see this. It's a bad empty feeling to watch this team go up in flames.

so your basiclly saying that we are the afc's version of the washington redskins??? wouldnt you want your team to try to win the superbowl every year? i mean thats why you play the game right?? i totally agree that in the state this team is in we dont deserve to be in the playoffs, but at the same time i feel like we have one of the top ten front offices currently in the nfl... that can change just like our overall record when we lose to the pittsburgh steelers....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    so your basiclly saying that we are the afc's version of the washington redskins??? wouldnt you want your team to try to win the superbowl every year? i mean thats why you play the game right?? i totally agree that in the state this team is in we dont deserve to be in the playoffs, but at the same time i feel like we have one of the top ten front offices currently in the nfl... that can change just like our overall record when we lose to the pittsburgh steelers....
    Washington Redskins???

How many times have they made the postseason the past 5 years? Exactly.

Bad comparison.

All Pro

My brother--thanks for the honesty.

Hall Of Fame
    So who gets in our spot?

Hall Of Fame
    The biggest problem we have is the Pats stand in our way and have retooled and reloaded faster and better then we have and have a boatload of high draft picks next year to add to it.

We have a good front office, we are in a division with a substantially better one.

The Jets needed to start rebuilding in earnest after the Favre debacle. Instead they elected for quick fix types and it's coming back to bite them.

Hall Of Fame
    I think we beat the Bills to get to 10-6

So who gets our spot?

Jacksonville?
    San Diego?
    Oakland?

All League
    I bet we go 10-6, back our way into the playoffs, then we win our first round game. Typical get us excited then let us down.

Practice Squad
    Just watched Lombardi on HBO...There was a scene where he was in a meeting room with a list of teams on the board...the Jets being one of them.

"The Jets are struggling, eh?" he said (or something to that effect.)

40 years later...still the same.

This franchise is pathetic.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Washington Redskins???

How many times have they made the postseason the past 5 years? Exactly.

Bad comparison.
    i was comparing their owner and front office to ours...

oh and they made the playoffs in 2005 and 2007.

Undrafted Free Agent

+1110000000000000000000000000000

and thanks also for not trying to write "whom" into your post.