Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fox out at Carolina

Undrafted Free Agent

Fox out at Carolina

Contract not renewed per nfl.com

This is the most shocking NFL news since Brian Cushing tested positive for PED's.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    This is the most shocking NFL news since Brian Cushing tested positive for PED's.
    I wish Calvin Pace still did steroids.

Hall Of Fame
    Ron Rivera amo9ng the most likely candidates. Panthers history says they hire a pro coordinator. I don't think they land Harbaugh

Panther make what had been obvious official and announce Fox and his staff not back for 2011.

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I wish Calvin Pace still did steroids.
    He needs to talk to Peyton Hillis and Clay Matthews about masking agents.

All League
    He needs to talk to Peyton Hillis and Clay Matthews about masking agents.
    So pretty much any successful white player at a primarily black position is on roids.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    So pretty much any successful white player at a primarily black position is on roids.
    Don't hate the player!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ron Rivera amo9ng the most likely candidates. Panthers history says they hire a pro coordinator. I don't think they land Harbaugh
    from a distance the low rumble of a chant begins..... sounds almost like "rudy...rudy.... rudy..." but as the chant gets closer and louder the name begins to sound clearer... it's not "Rudy" they hear in North Carolina... but rather "schotty... schotty... schotty" louder and louder it gets.. to the point of inevitability...

one can only dream.

Hall Of Fame
    He just built a 2 mil house in Quail Hollow where the golf tournament is played........ there goes the neighborhood.

Hall Of Fame
    Hearing more legit buzz about Brian Billick as head coaching candidate than at any time since his firing by the Ravens. 49ers in particular

Billick has a ring, ties to Bay Area and Bill Walsh family tree, and remains close with Marv Lewis. If Mike Zimmer promoted to Bengals coach

The tandem of Billick and Lewis as his defensive coordinator would get even more traction. I could see that in San Fran. Also expect the...

49ers to take a good look at Philly coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. I still don't see Jim Harbaugh landing there at this point but we'll see

http://twitter.com/#!/JasonLaCanfora

Hall Of Fame
    Morninweg was so overwhelmed in Detroit but he has been a good coordinator.

As for Fox, long long overdue, massively overated coach in my mind and giving Delhomme a fat extension when it was apparent to everyone he sucked and was done should have been the final straw.

All League
    Doesn't sound like they'll be getting Andrew Luck either. They've got some work to do to put that franchise back together.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Doesn't sound like they'll be getting Andrew Luck either. They've got some work to do to put that franchise back together.
    What about LUCK???? Because he many not come out? What are you hearing?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Calvin Pace is white?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    What about LUCK???? Because he many not come out? What are you hearing?
    http://football.realgm.com/src_wiret...g_at_stanford/

That says he leaning towards going back to school as of now.

Veteran
    And Magic still breathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

As for Fox, long long overdue, massively overated coach in my mind and giving Delhomme a fat extension when it was apparent to everyone he sucked and was done should have been the final straw.
    I disagree. I think he is a pretty good coach with a crappy GM.

I like Fox alot. The team that hires him will be lucky to have him, and he's the least retready of the retread coaches IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    I disagree. I think he is a pretty good coach with a crappy GM.
    Only 3 out of 9 years in the playoffs and only 3 out of 9 years with a winning record. As I said in the previous post being onside with resigning DelHomme one of the worst QB's in the league to a large dollar extension after he just stunk the year before was worthy for puntage any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

I'd really like to see how Mornhinwheg would do if given another shot at a HC job. I read an interesting article in ESPN magazine a few years ago when I still read that drivel about how he might be the next great coach based on a few parameters (already failed and really good coordinator are two of them that I recall vividly).