Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colts, the pink elephant in the room no one is talking about.

Colts, the pink elephant in the room no one is talking about.

Is it me, or is there a huge pink elephant in the room that the media just keeps turning a blind eye to regarding the Colts.

All during the Jets run to 9-2, the media harped on how the jets where just squeeking past bad teams.

Yet now with the Colts barely winning there last 4, there is no talk of the Colts squeeking past bad teams.

The Colts where a botched snap (not a forced fumble, a one in a thousand dumb luck botched snap) away from losing to a very bad Titans team with nothing to play for, at home! Yet all you hear from the media is, man the Colts are coming on strong at the right time. THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST THAT GAME, AND WHERE IT NOT FOR BLIND LUCK THEY WOULD HAVE.

While the Colts did beat the Jaguars by 10, it should be noted that the last 7 came on an onside kick gone wrong. For all intensive purposes they squeeked by the jaguars as well.

The Colts have beaten 1 playoff team all season. The KC Chiefs. They lost to the Patriots and Eagles. The rest of there schedule has been cake for the most part. The Jets have beaten both the #1 and #2 seed in the AFC playoffs, granted the win against the Pats seems like 100 years ago.

Now to be fair, when the colts where 6-6, the media where saying they were done. But I was scratching my head when they where saying that as well. Had they not actually looked at the colts remaining schedule? I was actually wondering if they where setting themselsves up for now so they could heap the praise.

When the Colts where 6-6, and had Tenn, Jags, Oak, Tenn left on the schedule, how many of you thought they would not go 10-6?

I keep hearing the media say, what has changed about these colts over the last 4 weeks. How about the fact that they haven't played anybody worth a damn? I have not heard this mentioned once.

Does anyone doubt this would be the only thing you would hear had it been the jets?

I am not saying the Jets are going to stomp the colts, or even that the Jets will win. But can we atleast get a little honest perspective out of the media?

And this outcry about the Colts injuries has got to stop. yeah they have had some injuries. But who hasn't? It's not like Reggie Wayne and Garcon are out. And Bob Sanders has not played a full season in forever. I would wajor the Jets have lost a comparable amount of starters.

Again, not sitting here predicting a Jets win. Just pointing out the pink elephant in the room no one in the media seems to notice.

My take on the game. The Colts are going to sell out against the run. I think the Jets need to open with the short, 3 step drop high percentage passing game to open up the run. not talking gun slinging. Just the high percentage stuff.

On defense i think the Jets need to play man, jam everybody at the line and try to get some pressure via the blitz. Anyone who catches the ball must get lit the hell up. Especially Tamme. That guy starts hearing footsteps. They could get burned by this. But sometimes the quick death with a chance for a big play is better then the slow certain death.

Anyway, I think if the Jets bring there A game, they can win this. But it must be there A game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Why is the elephant pink?

Hall Of Fame
    i thought pink elephant was closed?

All League

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i thought pink elephant was closed?
    Isn't that the Pink P ussycat for "big gals"?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    for you it can be normal colored

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

True alcoholics hallucinate and have been known to see both pink elephants and spiders..

Pink elephants on the table.
    Pink elephants on the chair.
    Pink elephants on the ceiling,
    Pink elephants everywhere.
    Now I'm through making whoopee, I raised my hand and swore
    That I never intend to see those pink elephants any more.

Well I guess I had this coming.

Note to self, never reference figures of speech involving odd colored animals in posts.

All League
    I just assumed he was drunk when he made the thread.

Hall Of Fame

Charter JI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primal View Post

Note to self, never reference figures of speech involving odd colored animals in posts.
    I thought it was a great prime post primal.

JetsInsider.com Legend

Ah relax chooch, you're just mixing up yer metaphors.

This thread is a bit of a white elephant.

Perhaps the Hampur is more your style.

All League

Second note to self. Pink elephants is something a drunk would see. "An elephant in the room" is what you meant to say. You mixed them up.

A white elephant is something you can't sell.
    "Seeing an elephant" is something you say when you've been in brutal combat.

Charter JI Member
    what about a bull in a chinnese reastaurant?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Solid post, pink elephant or not.

The Colts haven't been a good team this year. The Jets haven't shown the ability to stop a good quarterback who spreads the ball around. I don't think the Jets problems on defense will be magically solved on Saturday night. The question is will the Jets offense look like it did versus Pitt/Chicago, or like it did against New England and Miami..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    That's a China shop not restaurant.. Have you been nipping on the Brandy again JW?? Watch out for FF2's pink elephant..

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Ah relax chooch, you're just mixing up yer metaphors.

This thread is a bit of a white elephant.

Perhaps the Hampur is more your style.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Second note to self. Pink elephants is something a drunk would see. "An elephant in the room" is what you meant to say. You mixed them up.

A white elephant is something you can't sell.
    "Seeing an elephant" is something you say when you've been in brutal combat.
    I thought the Colts were more of an 800 lb gorilla, personally.

And, if I see a white elephant, I'm buyin' that sh!t immediately. I'd probably have to keep him tied up to a meter downstairs from my apartment as I simply don't have the room, but I'm sure that of all the people I know, I'd be the only one with a white elephant.

Is it me, or is there a huge pink elephant in the room that the media just keeps turning a blind eye to regarding the Colts.

All during the Jets run to 9-2, the media harped on how the jets where just squeeking past bad teams.

Yet now with the Colts barely winning there last 4, there is no talk of the Colts squeeking past bad teams.

The Colts where a botched snap (not a forced fumble, a one in a thousand dumb luck botched snap) away from losing to a very bad Titans team with nothing to play for, at home! Yet all you hear from the media is, man the Colts are coming on strong at the right time. THEY SHOULD HAVE LOST THAT GAME, AND WHERE IT NOT FOR BLIND LUCK THEY WOULD HAVE.

While the Colts did beat the Jaguars by 10, it should be noted that the last 7 came on an onside kick gone wrong. For all intensive purposes they squeeked by the jaguars as well.

The Colts have beaten 1 playoff team all season. The KC Chiefs. They lost to the Patriots and Eagles. The rest of there schedule has been cake for the most part. The Jets have beaten both the #1 and #2 seed in the AFC playoffs, granted the win against the Pats seems like 100 years ago.

Now to be fair, when the colts where 6-6, the media where saying they were done. But I was scratching my head when they where saying that as well. Had they not actually looked at the colts remaining schedule? I was actually wondering if they where setting themselsves up for now so they could heap the praise.

When the Colts where 6-6, and had Tenn, Jags, Oak, Tenn left on the schedule, how many of you thought they would not go 10-6?

I keep hearing the media say, what has changed about these colts over the last 4 weeks. How about the fact that they haven't played anybody worth a damn? I have not heard this mentioned once.

Does anyone doubt this would be the only thing you would hear had it been the jets?

I am not saying the Jets are going to stomp the colts, or even that the Jets will win. But can we atleast get a little honest perspective out of the media?

And this outcry about the Colts injuries has got to stop. yeah they have had some injuries. But who hasn't? It's not like Reggie Wayne and Garcon are out. And Bob Sanders has not played a full season in forever. I would wajor the Jets have lost a comparable amount of starters.

Again, not sitting here predicting a Jets win. Just pointing out the pink elephant in the room no one in the media seems to notice.

My take on the game. The Colts are going to sell out against the run. I think the Jets need to open with the short, 3 step drop high percentage passing game to open up the run. not talking gun slinging. Just the high percentage stuff.

On defense i think the Jets need to play man, jam everybody at the line and try to get some pressure via the blitz. Anyone who catches the ball must get lit the hell up. Especially Tamme. That guy starts hearing footsteps. They could get burned by this. But sometimes the quick death with a chance for a big play is better then the slow certain death.

Anyway, I think if the Jets bring there A game, they can win this. But it must be there A game.

I understand exactly what you mean here.

Pink elephants are really bad. They get into your room and you can't see them if your walls are painted pink. Then they start moving around and break all your stuff.

Veteran
    All references to elephants aside, I agree with your post.

The Colts have had an easy schedule. I will not say very easy, they did play the NFC east this year, and although the Giants were not a playoff team, they were a 10 win team. San Diego and Oakland were also good team on their schedule, who just didn't make the playoffs. They probably had a comparable schedule to the jets.

But the injury thing is what drives me crazy, they wee as injured as most NFL teams. The Pats have played without most of their Dline this last month, and no one is crying for them. Colts have lost Dallas Clark, and all the sudden Manning has no weapons. If I were Reggie Wayne and Garcon, I would take offense to that. They have the offensive line in tact, manning has had a record number of pass attempts and has only been sacked 15 times. That is a pretty good line. Brady had almost 150 less attempts and was sacked 10 more times.

This manning carrying the team to the playoffs talk has got to stop, manning has never not had an all pro receiver, and usually more than 1 on his team, and this year is no exception. Brady has only played 1 year with an all pro receiver (2007), he had way more injuries to deal with in 2003,2004, and for that matter 2005 and 2006 and no one cried for Brady like they do with manning. In fact if Brady had Manning's team this year, it would have been the 3rd or 4th best supporting cast he ever played with (after 2007, and 2004)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    All references to elephants aside, I agree with your post.

The Colts have had an easy schedule. I will not say very easy, they did play the NFC east this year, and although the Giants were not a playoff team, they were a 10 win team. San Diego and Oakland were also good team on their schedule, who just didn't make the playoffs. They probably had a comparable schedule to the jets.

But the injury thing is what drives me crazy, they wee as injured as most NFL teams. The Pats have played without most of their Dline this last month, and no one is crying for them. Colts have lost Dallas Clark, and all the sudden Manning has no weapons. If I were Reggie Wayne and Garcon, I would take offense to that. They have the offensive line in tact, manning has had a record number of pass attempts and has only been sacked 15 times. That is a pretty good line. Brady had almost 150 less attempts and was sacked 10 more times.

This manning carrying the team to the playoffs talk has got to stop, manning has never not had an all pro receiver, and usually more than 1 on his team, and this year is no exception. Brady has only played 1 year with an all pro receiver (2007), he had way more injuries to deal with in 2003,2004, and for that matter 2005 and 2006 and no one cried for Brady like they do with manning. In fact if Brady had Manning's team this year, it would have been the 3rd or 4th best supporting cast he ever played with (after 2007, and 2004)
    You are pulling a Ken. Its not always about the Patriots. Really. Its not.