Thread: Pats sign another DT body for playoffs

All League

Pats sign another DT body for playoffs

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
    per roto:

Atiyyah Ellison-DL- Patriots Jan. 4 - 6:55 pm et

Patriots signed DL Atiyyah Ellison.
    Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 322 lb (146 kg)

Ellison spent one week with the Chiefs this season after being dumped by the Jags coming out of training camp. He'll add depth up front with multiple defensive linemen banged up heading into the playoffs.

The 6-foot-3, 315-pounder played in 15 games with six starts with Jacksonville last year after originally joining the Jaguars two years ago.

He has recorded 28 tackles (16 solo), two tackles for loss, a sack and one pass defensed. He spent time on San Francisco’s practice squad in 2008 and was on the 49ers' 53-man roster in 2007.

Ellison also served on the 53-man roster and the practice squad with Baltimore in 2006. (under Rex)

He also had stints on the 53-man roster and the practice squad with Carolina in 2005. He originally entered the NFL as a third-round pick (89th overall) of Carolina in 2005.

The St. Louis native played in 36 games with 31 starts at Missouri, producing 171 tackles, 6.5 sacks and five passes defensed.

Raiders promote OC Hue Jackson as new HC

Veteran
    The Pats Dline depth is my biggest concern going into the playoffs. Deadrick for all intense purposes is suspended and off the team, Brace is on IR, there is a rumor that even after a month Mike Wright's concussion is still so bad, that he can not watch TV yet. Pryor got an eye injury vs the Fins.

The pats in the playoffs have severe Dline issues. And if they lose, this will be why.

A lot of people talk about how Green Bay almost beat the Pats with a backup QB. Well no one mentioned that the Pats played that game with almost no Dlineman. Wilfork played almost every defensive snap, which makes him less effective. GB was able to run at will against them, and they had to comit the safeties to stop the run,a nd that let GB get some big plays in the passing game.

The Pats always have a Dline rotation to keep guys fresh, I am not sure how much of a rotation they will have now.

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    The Pats Dline depth is my biggest concern going into the playoffs. Deadrick for all intense purposes is suspended and off the team, Brace is on IR, there is a rumor that even after a month Mike Wright's concussion is still so bad, that he can not watch TV yet. Pryor got an eye injury vs the Fins.

The pats in the playoffs have severe Dline issues. And if they lose, this will be why.

A lot of people talk about how Green Bay almost beat the Pats with a backup QB. Well no one mentioned that the Pats played that game with almost no Dlineman. Wilfork played almost every defensive snap, which makes him less effective. GB was able to run at will against them, and they had to comit the safeties to stop the run,a nd that let GB get some big plays in the passing game.

The Pats always have a Dline rotation to keep guys fresh, I am not sure how much of a rotation they will have now.
    Just need to get Wilfork out of there... Dude is amazing. If they lost Wilfork, you could beat the Pats because you could basically run on them all day long. Personally I still think that is the way to beat them even with Wilfork. Warren is OK, but that is it.

Banned

I agree there is some real cause for concern on the defensive line. They are down to Wilfork, Gerard Warren, a practice squad player in Kyle Love, and a guy signed off the street in Cohen. The good news is that Myron Pryor appears he will be good to go for the playoffs. Teams like the Ravens and Jets that want to line up and run it down your throat could be spell big time trouble.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mike Wright's concussion is still so bad, that he can not watch TV yet.

... please nobody tell tell to change the channel from lifetime! ...

l_j_r

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...aspx?sport=NFL
    per roto:

Atiyyah Ellison-DL- Patriots Jan. 4 - 6:55 pm et

Patriots signed DL Atiyyah Ellison.
    Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m) Weight: 322 lb (146 kg)

Ellison spent one week with the Chiefs this season after being dumped by the Jags coming out of training camp. He'll add depth up front with multiple defensive linemen banged up heading into the playoffs.

The 6-foot-3, 315-pounder played in 15 games with six starts with Jacksonville last year after originally joining the Jaguars two years ago.

He has recorded 28 tackles (16 solo), two tackles for loss, a sack and one pass defensed. He spent time on San Francisco’s practice squad in 2008 and was on the 49ers' 53-man roster in 2007.

Ellison also served on the 53-man roster and the practice squad with Baltimore in 2006. (under Rex)

He also had stints on the 53-man roster and the practice squad with Carolina in 2005. He originally entered the NFL as a third-round pick (89th overall) of Carolina in 2005.

The St. Louis native played in 36 games with 31 starts at Missouri, producing 171 tackles, 6.5 sacks and five passes defensed.

Raiders promote OC Hue Jackson as new HC

If this guy had anything, Rex would have signed him. But its intersting that this guy has a sack and Gholston has zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Heynowguy View Post
    If this guy had anything, Rex would have signed him. But its intersting that this guy has a sack and Gholston has zero.
    I'm still waiting for Rex to sign Adalius Thomas so that he can punish the Patriots for mis-using his vast array of skills.

Veteran
    One other thing here, I assume these guys they just signed are body fillers, so I am only expecting to see them play if people get hurt, but I have liked the play or Moore, who they picked up off the scrap heap, and if any of these guys can give us half the play of Moore the Pats will be OK.

But still the dline depth, biggest Pats worry going into the tourney by far.

One other thing here, I assume these guys they just signed are body fillers, so I am only expecting to see them play if people get hurt, but I have liked the play or Moore, who they picked up off the scrap heap, and if any of these guys can give us half the play of Moore the Pats will be OK.

But still the dline depth, biggest Pats worry going into the tourney by far.
    They just signed the great Marques Murrell as well.

Watch Belichick turn him into a productive player during the playoffs.. just watch...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEED JET GREEN View Post
    Watch Belichick turn him into a productive player during the playoffs.. just watch...
    not too difficult when you're getting signals from the sidelines of what playcall is coming up based on the info you got from secret video of opposing team's practices.