Thread: Aaron Rodgers...underrated?

Hall Of Fame

Aaron Rodgers...underrated?

sounds crazy, but the packer running game is so bad it makes the colt running game look like they have AP back there...and all this guy does is go out there with a ****ty OL and complete pass after pass knowing that the other team is expecting them to throw the ball on every down.

i would take him over Peyton and Brady...but i don't hear him mentioned anywhere near those guys

BTW he also seems like one of the tougher guys around as far as QB's go.
    Last edited by K-Met57; 01-07-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Rodgers gets a ton of love and deservedly so.

Stop making stupid threads.

Hall Of Fame
    No way.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

ok, i made 2 threads...and neither one is stupid...

where is the love? espn front page..peyton and brady...AGAIN

Veteran
    Green Bay is the dark horse pick for most people out of the NFC. Actually, if I look at it objectively, they're probably the best "team" in that conference. I'd probably make them my flat out favorites to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl and a large part of that is due to Rodgers.

He and Peyton are the two best IMO in the league in fitting passes into tight spots. No one throws a deep ball with better zip and accuracy. He is what Favre used to be, and seems to be less interception prone than Favre was.

All Pro
    His record in close games is really bad. I don't know if I'd call him underrated.

Banned
    Top 4-5 QB in the league

Practice Squad
    The "Championship Belt" is a great celebration-thing. I really like the guy, and I'm rooting for Green Bay in the NFC. He has to have a bit more post-season success before you can say he's one of the greatest though.

All League
    he got owned by our d. although so has brady the two times he played rex in the medowlands

All Pro
    Severely overrated, how many playoff wins?

All League
    That's not possible. The guy hasn't won a playoff game. Until he does, he's not in the same class as Brady. Not even close.

All League
    i don't know. most consider him among the top 5-6 qb's. not sure how he is underrated considering who is ahead of him.

All Pro
    Have you forgotten how many people picked the Packers to come out of the NFC at the start of the year?

I think that Rodgers was underrated his first couple of years starting. This year, many analysts overcompensated and I actually think he's slightly overrated. That team played the Patriots as tough as anyone has this year with Rodgers on the sidelines. He might be the best thrower in the league, but he's yet to rise to the occasion in huge moments the way that the guys that I consider to be elite QBs have. I've got him in the "incredibly talented, but still not elite" category right now. Unlike John Clayton, I don't throw the word "elite" around all willy-nilly. Elite requires a combination of individual production, and (as QB) team achievement. Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees: those are the elite QBs. Rodgers and Rivers are a notch below and will move up when they can take their team to the Super Bowl (don't have to win it, just get there).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    Well, the Packers have only been in one playoff game with Rodgers as the starter if I remember correctly. They lost but not because of him. He threw for like 400+ yds with 3 or 4 TDs. It was the Packers defense that lost the game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    What's wrong with you people? Do you get pushed around at work or school and have to take out your frustration on anonymous people on a message board? The OP has a point, and I was thinking Rodgers was underrated when I read this thread earlier: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224454. And stop it with winning in the playoffs. In his one playoff game, his performance was nothing short of heroic. I guess he's supposed to play defense too?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobertron View Post
    What's wrong with you people? Do you get pushed around at work or school and have to take out your frustration on anonymous people on a message board? The OP has a point, and I was thinking Rodgers was underrated when I read this thread earlier: http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=224454. And stop it with winning in the playoffs. In his one playoff game, his performance was nothing short of heroic. I guess he's supposed to play defense too?
    The field conditions were absurd during that game. Defenders were slipping and sliding all over the place. And he did fumble the game away in OT. Just sayin'.

All Pro
    I don't know if he's underrated... he hasn't won a playoff game YET. He will.

He's very, very good -- 4th on my list.

Brady
    Manning
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Big Ben

If I'm starting a team from scratch tomorrow, he's the first guy I take because he just turned 27 and I think his best ball is still ahead.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The field conditions were absurd during that game. Defenders were slipping and sliding all over the place. And he did fumble the game away in OT. Just sayin'.
    423 yards, 4 td, 1 int, 121 rating. But the only important statistic is the fumble. Right.

Hall Of Fame
    i don't think people realize just how bad their running game was. i would be curious to see how many yards they averaged as a team on first and second down runs...i bet its between 1 and 2. this guy had 3rd and long all day long...and still managed to throw for a ton. i think donald brown/joe addai combo would have been about 10-15 times better then what they had.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Goobertron View Post
    Ummmmm, he's NOT our QB, who gives a hoot?