Thread: The One Thing Nobody seems to be mentioning

Banned

The One Thing Nobody seems to be mentioning

is that we are the only final 4 team left from last year.

New Orleans and Indy are both gone and Minny never even made it.

With all the stipulations that the NFL put on the final four teams, that's saying something about the Jets.

Even if we don't go any further(I think we will), we have done a hell of a job for a team with their hands tied!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJET58 View Post

With all the stipulations that the NFL put on the final four teams, that's saying something about the Jets.

Even if we don't go any further(I think we will), we have done a hell of a job for a team with their hands tied!

Great point! Go Jets!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    +1 Internet Points for this point. We are indeed the only final 4 team from 2009.

Another point, the all-time record for road wins in the playoffs is 4. Currently held by a number of folks, including Flacco of the Ravens, now in his third season.

Should Sanchez and Co. win Sunday, he would (in his second season) have 4 road playoff wins. Flacco is going for #5 vs. Pittsburgh.

Rookie
    nobody cares about the bills making the super bowl 4 straight times or the eagles making the nfc championship 4 straight times...you need the rings and championships to make any kind of a mark on this league

super bowl appearance or bust for the 2010 season

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedgreen03 View Post
    nobody cares about the bills making the super bowl 4 straight times or the eagles making the nfc championship 4 straight times...you need the rings and championships to make any kind of a mark on this league

The significance here being that it was much tougher for the final 4 and final 8 teams to improve their ball clubs from last season due to the CBA situation.

Veteran

actually, I care..if you look @ a timeline of NFL postseason success you'll see what the bills & eagles did was quite a feat especially the bills..4 straight superbowls..is ridiculous

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    actually, I care..if you look @ a timeline of NFL postseason success you'll see what the bills & eagles did was quite a feat especially the bills..4 straight superbowls..is ridiculous
    And more astounding was not one win out of 'em. Seriously.

All League
    We lost Feely because of this restriction. And who knows who else we didn't sign because of it as well. Good job by Rex so far... but we gotta win Sunday for it to matter.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    I'm sure eagles and bills fans are so proud of that feat

the talent this team has and the expecations set out by its coach, gm and owner make it superbowl appearance or bust...last years afc championship was a feel good story, this years wouldnt be

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    The significance here being that it was much tougher for the final 4 and final 8 teams to improve their ball clubs from last season due to the CBA situation.
    misread on my behalf, didn't read the OP thoroughly...got a little ahead of myself thinking it was a post about how this seasons a success regardless of outcome

Veteran

While I hope you're right, I've thought all along that Year 3 of the Sanchez/Ryan pairing would bring us a Super Bowl championship. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    While I hope you're right, I've thought all along that Year 3 of the Sanchez/Ryan pairing would bring us a Super Bowl championship. I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
    Year 3 should definitely be the breakout year for sanchez but I feel with the talent this team has (who knows how much will be back next year) we have to at least make it to the show this year to continue to show progression

All League
    Lets win it this year and be ahead of the program
    If Sanchez shows the same progress as 2nd half last week we'll be playing Baltimore

Veteran
    I'm sure eagles and bills fans are so proud of that feat

the talent this team has and the expecations set out by its coach, gm and owner make it superbowl appearance or bust...last years afc championship was a feel good story, this years wouldnt be
    considering it's an historic feat in hindsight why not appreciate it?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by VAJET58 View Post

Or that this is the first time in franchise history that we have made the playoffs and won at least one playoff game in back to back seasons.

You don't think the media wants to put the Jets in some positive light do you??

No, No, No. The sun might not rise if the Jets got some positive media attention.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    This was a season of many firsts for us. If people don't believe that Rex has elevated this franchise, they're blind, or complete homers.

If we win this Sunday, the media will let out a collective fart, letting all of us know that they just **** themselves.

Hall Of Fame
    after we win on Sunday

the "experts" and our local media will inform everyone that the Jets have no chance against the steelers or ravens because they talk too much

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    after we win on Sunday

the "experts" and our local media will inform everyone that the Jets have no chance against the steelers or ravens because they talk too much
    Experts and media types will be wiping their collective ass

I don't even know what a superbowl is. I just want to win this sunday.