Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How are we not giving this guy more credit?...

All League

How are we not giving this guy more credit?...

Three Stunning Performances

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, New York Jets
    Remember all that stuff about how the Jets had simplified their offense and were limiting Sanchez to slants and other safe throws after the 45-3 loss to the Patriots? That's no longer the case. Sanchez was fantastic against the Patriots, often hitting his receivers in stride and even making plays downfield. His best throw was about as complex as you can get, signaling Braylon Edwards to change his route on the fly with a hand signal and then launching a perfect 36-yard corner route to the sideline. He turned 10 third downs into four first downs and two touchdowns, which is particularly important considering his rushing game produced one first down in the first half.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playo...ory?id=6029974

Its an ESPN Insider article but it basically states that Mark performed well above average for this game.

Rodgers was the only one who had more impressive numbers in expected performances.

Sanchez takes a lot of criticism, some deserved, but the true fact is we couldn't do it without him.

I mean, he just outplayed Brady for the second time this season.

Practice Squad
    Thank you. I was waiting for someone to say something like this. Sanchez has stepped up. He is on the verge of setting an all time record of road wins in the playoffs I believe. If he goes 5-1, than I don't care what anyone says, he is jesus like considering our Qb blunders.

All League
    He's making better decisions. He's not having passes swatted down. He's scrambling. He's improvising. Most importantly he's helping the team win.

Just like last year, his best passer rating all year has come in the playoffs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    ...and
    He outplayed a Bill Belichick Defense.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MTJets View Post
    ...... considering our Qb blunders.
    Browning Nagle , anyone ?

Because he can't play in the cold and guys like Matty Ice and Flacco are just so much better, don't you know that?

Some jet fans are so dumb it's painful.

VIVA SANCHIZE!!!!!!!!!! Kid is a winner!

All Pro

ENOUGH SAID.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    Three Stunning Performances

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, New York Jets
    Remember all that stuff about how the Jets had simplified their offense and were limiting Sanchez to slants and other safe throws after the 45-3 loss to the Patriots? That's no longer the case. Sanchez was fantastic against the Patriots, often hitting his receivers in stride and even making plays downfield. His best throw was about as complex as you can get, signaling Braylon Edwards to change his route on the fly with a hand signal and then launching a perfect 36-yard corner route to the sideline. He turned 10 third downs into four first downs and two touchdowns, which is particularly important considering his rushing game produced one first down in the first half.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playo...ory?id=6029974

Its an ESPN Insider article but it basically states that Mark performed well above average for this game.

Rodgers was the only one who had more impressive numbers in expected performances.

Sanchez takes a lot of criticism, some deserved, but the true fact is we couldn't do it without him.

He's been bloody fantastic for us, playing his absolute best games under the highest pressure situations. You're right Brady looked tentative and scared (Jets D helped a lot) compared to Sanchez who was in supreme form last night.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MTJets View Post
    Thank you. I was waiting for someone to say something like this. Sanchez has stepped up. He is on the verge of setting an all time record of road wins in the playoffs I believe. If he goes 5-1, than I don't care what anyone says, he is jesus like considering our Qb blunders.
    If he gets by the Steelers, he immediately becomes #1(if he isn't already) in Jets fans' hearts passing Vinny who was the only one that got us close.

I WANT THIS WIN.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    If he gets by the Steelers, he immediately becomes #1(if he isn't already) in Jets fans' hearts passing Vinny who was the only one that got us close.
    Passing Vinny the 1 year wonder?

Try Joe W. Namath (the QB and NOT the poster)
    the Sanchez of the 60s and 70s.

You know, the one who actually won a Super Bowl.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Passing Vinny the 1 year wonder?

Try Joe W. Namath (the QB and NOT the poster)
    the Sanchez of the 60s and 70s.

You know, the one who actually won a Super Bowl.
    Uhh.....Try WINNING THE SUPERBOWL FIRST before we proclaim him as the replacement of Namath, Jungle.

I was referring to THIS GAME being the AFC Championship game.

Thus far, he managed last year to have a Lead at Halftime just like Vinny did in '98. If he wins this, he surpasses him. THAT'S MY POINT.

geez....I Don't understand why you would come away thinking what you said.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Uhh.....Try WINNING THE SUPERBOWL FIRST before we proclaim him as the replacement of Namath, Jungle.

I was referring to THIS GAME being the AFC Championship game.

Thus far, he managed last year to have a Lead at Halftime just like Vinny did in '98. If he wins this, he surpasses him. THAT'S MY POINT.

geez....I Don't understand why you would come away thinking what you said.
    To be fair, you said winning this week would make Sanchez "#1 in Jets fans hearts" . . . kinda implies he's above ALL other QBs.

If you're only comparing him to Vinny, I don't see how he hasn't ALREADY won that debate . . .

Hall Of Fame
    'nuff said

Road kings: Staubach, Dawson ... Sanchez?

January, 17, 2011

By Tim Graham

Mark Sanchez turned 24 in November.

Already, he has tied the NFL record for postseason road victories.

Sanchez raised his road playoff record to 4-1 with the New York Jets' colossal victory over the New England Patriots in Gillette Stadium.

He's tied with Len Dawson, Roger Staubach, Jake Delhomme and Joe Flacco for the most all-time. Super Bowls aren't factored into the stat because they're neutral-site games with no home team.

Sanchez has won as many road playoff games in his career as Brett Favre (three) and Dan Marino (one) combined.

Sanchez completed 16 of his 25 attempts for 194 yards and three touchdowns. He posted a 127.3 passer rating. He became only the second quarterback to throw for at least three touchdowns without an interception against the Patriots in the postseason. Delhomme did it for the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl XXXVIII.

Only one quarterback had that kind of performance against the Patriots in the regular season. That was Sanchez, too, in a Week 2 victory at the Meadowlands.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...dawson-sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post

ENOUGH SAID.
    couldnt have put it any better myself....love this post! lol.

All Pro
    Playoffs tend to bring out the best in Sanchez thus far. From the 2nd half of IND up until now, he's been cool, calm and crisp. That's the Mark I believe in.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Playoffs tend to bring out the best in Sanchez thus far. From the 2nd half of IND up until now, he's been cool, calm and crisp. That's the Mark I believe in.

In MARK we TRUST!!!

ALL IN!!!

GO JETS!!!

All Pro
    Hopefully after this week, he never has to play a road playoff game ever again.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Hopefully after this week, he never has to play a road playoff game ever again.
    AMEN!!

Sanchez's post season performances in his short two year career have been nothing short of spectacular!!! The guy is a real gamer!

Hall Of Fame
    Team game...Major props also to the OL for giving him time and keeping his uni clean..

All Pro
    Fug ESPN and their stupid crawl.....of all the stats or facts they could have put on there about Mark Sanchez, the one they chose was this one:

NYJ Sanchez: 76.9 pct of postseason incompletions were overthrown (highest pct in NFL)

I get it it is a legit stat but really it is still absurd....thats the one thing they want to highlight after the man just outplayed Tom Brady twice in one year?

I thought Brady was the greatest QB to ever play in the NFL?

So Fug you ESPN.....keep hatin'.....you chumps.
    Keep looking for negative stuff to say.....see what happens.