Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Else Nervous

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Anyone Else Nervous

The playoffs seem to be good for weight loss. I tend to get to nervous to eat much this time of year. Maybe its because of getting older and want a championship before my life is over. Or maybe its because Im going through the playoffs without drinking for the first time???? Been 11 months since my last time drinking.

Anyone else here getting the same nervousness?

Rookie
    Extremely.

All League
    I am worried that for the Jets the game against New England in their minds "was the Super Bowl" and I am very worried that they might be too confident since they beat the Steelers before. It's going to a very physical game

All Pro
    Nope.

What a refreshing change.

Veteran
    im actually ok idk..been around a while (1995) seen alot....we've seen a championship game just last year! Like Rex said...it's always gonna be that way. Get used to it!

Hall Of Fame
    I would much rather lose to the Steelers than to the Pats.

My only real concern if we lose is that our window might close.

This opportunity doesn't come all the time and we have had 2 cracks at it.

I don't want to be compared to the Buffalo Bills or the Philadelphia Eagles.

Tha being said, the Steelers are playing at home and the regular season matchup for the most part should be thrown out the window.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I tend to get to nervous to eat much this time of year.
    Your health is all we care about

Hall Of Fame
    Fock yeah I'm nervous. I've waited so long and it takes so much to get this close. I'm nervous as all hell.

Practice Squad
    I'm more anxious than anything else. Even for last game. I felt pretty calm about the patsies game, until motherFOLKer missed that field goal. Having beaten Pitt at Heinz without playing all that great, I'm more anxious to see what Rex has up his sleeve for this one. In my opinion, Tomlin has to be a bit concerned and nervous about what type of schemes his team will face on Sunday. If we play like we did against the Patsies, we will definitely be tough to beat. Also, IMHO I still don't think the Jets have played a "complete" game this season. Last game the special teams didn't step up. Let's see what happens Sunday. Excited to see our first complete game of the season.

All League
    Nope. Not in the least.

This team has CHAMPION written all over it. They're coming together and peaking at just the right time. It's going to be very hard to deny them.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Achilles View Post
    im actually ok idk..been around a while (1995) seen alot....we've seen a championship game just last year! Like Rex said...it's always gonna be that way. Get used to it!
    1995????? Really?

You've had it good by comparison. I remember the late 70's the mud bowl and so on.

I am VERY peaceful inside too. I am confident we will win. If we don't, well, we don't. I am PROUD to be a JETS fan as I am sure we all are.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    1995????? Really?
    Jeez. Not everyone here is in their late 60's....

I'm not nervous....yet.

I am definitely nervous--I've been trying to dissect the two teams all day...sometimes figuring out the Jets advantages on the field makes me feel MUCH better.

I've also scoured the web for injury reports on the Steelers but havent come up with much. I guess its safe to assume Tomlin will keep it hush hush till the weekend.

Can it be Sunday yet?

All Pro
    No

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I am worried that for the Jets the game against New England in their minds "was the Super Bowl" and I am very worried that they might be too confident since they beat the Steelers before. It's going to a very physical game
    This is my only concern. Otherwise I'm on too big of a high right now to be nervous.

All League
    Extremely

Hall Of Fame
    After the Pats game, my "nervousness" has gone down considerably. Now it's only at the somewhat-concerned stage.

The only thing that gets my "nervousness" up in this upcoming game is NICK FOLK, the Swirly winds at Heinz Field, and the ghost of Doug Brien.

That's why it's IMPERATIVE that we score TDs in this game.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    1995????? Really?

You've had it good by comparison. I remember the late 70's the mud bowl and so on.

I am VERY peaceful inside too. I am confident we will win. If we don't, well, we don't. I am PROUD to be a JETS fan as I am sure we all are.
    Good attitude, man. Unfortunately, I haven't quite evolved so much over the years. I am a wreck, but strangely not nervous about the game. The team has gotten to the point where I *know* they will give it their best shot and have a good showing. And, that is all I can ask for.

Veteran
    I keep feeling like I should be doing something or preparing for something. But then I remember that I have my own job which I should be focusing on. That's what's truly suffering here

All League
    Hell yeah!!!
    Gets worse the closer we get to the super bowl.