Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott walking onto the field against the Pats

All League

Bart Scott walking onto the field against the Pats

Just saw it on the Inside the NFL replay.

As he walked onto the field Bart ripped away a Pats fan's obnoxious sign and stomped on it.

Guy was out of his mind amped the entire time.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post

As he walked onto the field Bart ripped away a Pats fan's obnoxious sign and stomped on it.

That's what I'm talking about, I'd give anything to see that. LOL.

All Pro
    They showed the Jets coming out onto the field before the last commercial break before the actual kickoff.
    It was Bart and Sanchez
    I saw Bart reach for something to his right...they dont show what happened....i thought he was hi-fiving a Jets fan.

But now that you mention it, i thought I saw something HOT PINK where he was reaching.

Put it all together and now I know what he was doing...

LMAO!! Ripping the stupid sign.

CANT WAIT!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post

I JUST finished having a conversation with a friend of mine, a Giants fan, about the ACTUAL value of Scott.

He states how Bart Scott is an overpaid ILB who really hasn't lived up to the billing and price tag that Ryan bestowed upon him. He gets beat on a lot of tackles and doesn't make any impact plays. Harris is the $$ LB, and should be paid as such, not Scott.

While I agree that #52 is superior, I countered that Scott brings more of the "Heart & Soul" to the defense than game-changing plays. He was brought-in to help change the culture that Ryan wanted to create here and Scott was intrinsic in bringing that "swagger." Similar to Eric Barton during his stint w/the Jets, Pepper Johnson in '97 & Bryan Cox from '98-2000, the guy filled the role of Emotional Leader for the D. I'm not a HUGE fan of #57's smack talk, but he brings that intangible that EVERY Championship Defense requires: Wreckless abandon with All-out Heart & Meanness. What he lacks in stats, he makes up with heart.

I have photos of it in the game day gallery

It was a pink "Sexy Ryan" sign - He started to tear the sign into pieces and then stomped on it.

Santonio was behind him and walked over the sign.

-----------

Here's one right after Bart threw the sing to the turf and just before him walked on it.

and here is Santonio watching Bart do his thing

Last edited by Broadway Joe; 01-19-2011 at 10:05 PM.

He really "is" the Mad Backer

All League
    Charter JI Member

Doesn't show him grabbing it....just the aftermath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdGbUkJsuA

bet he gets sued.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It's kill or be killed.

Veteran
    I will never forget an SNY Interview I heard with him when he first came and he says "I don't care if I get hurt and I know I'm going to get hurt I'm GOING to make the play" Props to #57

If nothing else I have found my new favorite human being. Never has a football player made me laugh as much as this dude. People cant get enough of his end of game interview and this is just awesome.

All Pro
    That is one of the best things I have ever seen!!! Bart Scott is the man!!!

Waterboy

He Be Hungry

CHOMP CHOMP

All Pro
    He's a very solid LB and you can do nothing but admire the passion and intensity he has for the game and his team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    There is nothing that strikes more fear in an opponent than knowing the man across from him is willing to do things that he will not do, to suffer pain that he will not suffer, to sacrifice in ways that he will not sacrifice.

Bart Scott is that man.

Many 270 lb. mountains of muscle who have trained every day of their lives to be professional football players fear Bart Scott because he is simply willing to make the physical sacrifices and endure that which they will not!

Receivers will often display alligator arms, running backs will duck their head and start to go down a yard short to avoid a hit or minimize it. They think, why risk injury for a 1/2 yard, it's better to save myself and live to play another down. Not Bart Scott. It's always on, all the time for Bart Scott.

He's the heart and soul of that defense. There's a reason why he was the very first guy Rex went to get as a FA when he became Jets HC.

All League
    I expect the lawsuit to come for destruction of property... and that fan will end up getting paid money to settle... f'ing a-hole.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    Doesn't show him grabbing it....just the aftermath:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdGbUkJsuA
    That's f_cking priceless.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I'm so mad, I watched that whole friggin show tonite and got a call just as that Jets segment was starting, and wouldn't you know it, that is the only part I missed

Does anyone have a better video of the whole thing?

I'd love to see him tearing that sign down before he stomps on it.
    The year 2011 called and was looking for you GJ&H. Apparently it was requesting that you stop living in the past and get a DVR like everyone else in America.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rep View Post
    The year 2011 called and was looking for you GJ&H. Apparently it was requesting that you stop living in the past and get a DVR like everyone else in America.
    lol

GJ&H: "I tried to watch the segment while talking on the phone but the cord wouldn't reach into the TV room."

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    lol

GJ&H: "I tried to watch the segment while talking on the phone but the cord wouldn't reach into the TV room."

hahaha. nice one.