Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When we finally win it all, our lives will never be the same!!!

All League

When we finally win it all, our lives will never be the same!!!

The "will you cry" thread made me think of this.

Say we did win it all this year.. Obviously, it would be awesome but then, things would never be the same..

Some of the passion would be gone...We would have bandwagon jumpers....We might end up with fans like the PATS have (you know the type...just like them because they one a few bowls).

The "burning in the belly" would dissipate...It would be like after the Rangers won in 94...The passion was never the same...

Anyway, I hope we have this problem!!!

All Pro
    My girlfriend said something similar to me and added she "kinda" hoped the Jets don't win so that I stay as passionate about the team as I am now, to which I replied "I have PSL's, I don't have a choice." - LOL! .. But really I don't see how most of us will change. Will we feel a kind of happiness we've never felt before with this organization/team? Yes. Will we fill sort-of fulfilled with our rooting interests? Yes. But in time that will fade and in time we will want to keep it going and keep being the best team in the league, re-energizing ourselves to defend our title in 2011. I don't think anyone who takes time to posts on these message boards, at the least, is going to be any less of a fan once the Jets eventually do win the Super Bowl. There will be some, I'm not blind to that, they'll be even some who will walk away a "winner", and that's fine for them, and the bandwagon fans will suck, too, but for the most part I just can't see Jets fans not caring as much. If anything, we'll want to keep it up.

Veteran
    Don't worry. If we do win it all we will still see "Fire Schotty" threads after our first loss next year.

All League
    My passion isn't going anywhere but up.

Veteran
    I've been giving this concept much thought this week. SOJ mentality and general complaining about the team will be immediately eliminated for at least the next 5-10 years. After a few days of basking in the glory of the win, I'm seriously considering ending my tenure as a poster on JI. What would be the point?

Hall Of Fame
    You’re looking at this all wrong. Think of winning a SB like getting laid the first time. Was the second time you had sex less passionate then the first time? Personally I was at extremely enthusiastic about doing it again.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    You’re looking at this all wrong. Think of winning a SB like getting laid the first time. Was the second time you had sex less passionate then the first time? Personally I was at extremely enthusiastic about doing it again.
    and 30 seconds later I was thinking about getting laid again... same here, win one, buy Super Bowl Champ flags to fly and plan a big tailgate in Sept 2011, looking to buy more in Feb 2012....

Veteran
    I see this approach for you young guys. I'm in my 50s, and will have seen a second Super Bowl win in my lifetime. The monkey would finally be off my back, and my angst related mental, and physical, torments would cease. Just like an athlete knows when to hang 'em up, it would be time for me to concentrate fully on how to move to Japan and matters concerning hot chick commentary.

Rookie
    It will be like having the proverbial thorn removed.

All Pro
    cart, horse

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I see this approach for you young guys. I'm in my 50s, and will have seen a second Super Bowl win in my lifetime. The monkey would finally be off my back, and my angst related mental, and physical, torments would cease. Just like an athlete knows when to hang 'em up, it would be time for me to concentrate fully on how to move to Japan and matters concerning hot chick commentary.
    Son and I call you that because I'm in my late 50's, winning will not get the Monkey off your back it will only make you want more winning. The only way to get the monkey off your back is hitting rock bottom and going into rehab moments away from certain death.

All Pro
    I don't see that happening... I still get pretty riled up every October for Yankees baseball.

Veteran
    Son and I call you that because I'm in my late 50's, winning will not get the Monkey off your back it will only make you want more winning. The only way to get the monkey off your back is hitting rock bottom and going into rehab moments away from certain death.
    Thank God there's someone older than me on here. I respect your opinion. But, personally, I will take a much needed break from my 24/7/365 obsession with the Jets. I'll still want them to do well, but won't have the same maniacal need for their success.

Hall Of Fame
    Thank God there's someone older than me on here. I respect your opinion. But, personally, I will take a much needed break from my 24/7/365 obsession with the Jets. I'll still want them to do well, but won't have the same maniacal need for their success.
    That's what every herion addict says right before plunging the neddle in.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac2566 View Post
    I don't see that happening... I still get pretty riled up every October for Yankees baseball.
    I guess my point is there will be nothing like the first one ..Ask Sox fans... The first won will be like a massive orgasm while exercising all of the past daemons

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Don't worry. If we do win it all we will still see "Fire Schotty" threads after our first loss next year.
    make no mistake, this will happen while he's hoisting the trophy.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    it would be amazing but the end of the day nothing really changes. The sun still rises and sets, the bills are still due... etc. We all look for the Super Bowl as this great amazing life changing thing, well why are there Steelers fans talking crap next to my desk? Those fools have 6 trophies you'd think that'd be enough. It's never enough.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Hell I just turned 67 last week and I'm not even the oldest..

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    hahahahaah

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    cart, horse
    Same thoughts here,
    I'll start thinking about the big game once we win again in 3 rivers.
    I hope the team is focusing more on the steelers and not the SB like some on this board.
    Not saying there is any thing wrong with it,
    JUST SAYING....