Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott Was "Cursing Out" Pats Mascot before Interview- PFT

All League

Bart Scott Was "Cursing Out" Pats Mascot before Interview- PFT

“I was actually over there cussing out the [New England Patriots] mascot, the one with the big chin,” Scott explained Wednesday. He recalled “YEAH! Go home and drink some Sam Adams” was among the things he said — when a Jets’ media relations man caught up to Scott and asked, “Can you do a TV interview?”

“Sure,” Scott replied.
    LMAO!

Although, I drink Sam Adams.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/201...rview/related/

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I can see the mascot going home that night, talking to his family "Yeah, it really sucks the Pats lost....but, on the bright side, I got cursed at by Bart Scott. That's pretty memorable."

Practice Squad
    "Go home and drink some Sam Adams"

Genius.

All League
    Sam Adams quote? Excellent.

Bart Scott is approaching legend status. If he wins a SB, its official.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Sam Adams quote? Excellent.

Bart Scott is approaching legend status. If he wins a SB, its official.
    we'd hate him if he was on any other team though

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Think Brian Cox

Hall Of Fame
    It's like God himself sent the man here for us. His rage and passion is Out****ingStanding

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    It's like God himself sent the man here for us. His rage and passion is Out****ingStanding
    Amen!

All Pro
    ...another couple of seconds he would have broke out laughing...scotts a smart guy...some of it is tongue and cheek...

All League
    being as completely objective as possible when i watch the video, i respectfully disagree.

at least one of my pat fan friends admitts that it's a great video. the others pretend they haven't seen it.

All Pro
    If nothing else, he is worth having on the team for entertainment value alone. He said earlier, that he hasn't been in this division long enough to know who to hate, but he is quickly rectifying that, and finding someone to hate.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    lol - Bart's completely out of control!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigragu View Post
    And God is Rex Ryan

Undrafted Free Agent

Drinking Sam Adams....

That's funny! I actually drank 2 pictures of sam adams at Millers last Sunday watching that game and having a freaking blast. Probably heading back there this Sunday.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...another couple of seconds he would have broke out laughing...scotts a smart guy...some of it is tongue and cheek...
    The guy loves his WWF and considers Hulk Hogan a national icon right up their with Ali. Tongue in Cheek, perhaps, but I doubt he was about to crack and start laughing. He's a professional!

he is the best talker around. can't wait to hear what he says this sunday!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan32 View Post
    That's funny! I actually drank 2 pictures of sam adams at Millers last Sunday watching that game and having a freaking blast. Probably heading back there this Sunday.
    here's 2 more pictures of Sam Adams for you

I never get tired of reading the scouting report on Bart Scott.
    He's not a flashy player but he is tough as nails, can set an edge
    and is obviously an inspirational teammate. Rex knew what he was getting with Bart.

Posted Sept. 22, 2010 @ 12:25 p.m. ET
    By Nolan Nawrocki
    ILB Bart Scott
    New york Jets
    Height: 6-11/2e Weight: 245e Speed: 4.8

Notes: Grew up in a gang-invested area of Detroit and did not have requisite SAT score to draw Division-I scholarship offers. Played safety and linebacker at Southern Illinois, where he totaled 352 career tackles, 29 for loss and 9 1/2 sacks with seven pass breakups, four interceptions and four forced fumbles. Was suspended the final six games of his junior season after an altercation with his defensive coordinator regarding Scott eating an apple during a half-time meeting. Was given new life as a senior under new head coach Jerry Kill, who spoke highly of Scott's NFL ability. Went undrafted in 2002 before signing with the Ravens (the only team to work him out prior to the draft). Made his mark on special teams, tallying 63 tackles over his first three seasons before stepping in for the injured Ray Lewis in '05, starting the final 10 games. Went on to start all 48 games alongside Lewis from 2006-08, amassing 278 tackles and 12 sacks with 19 passes defended, including two interceptions. An All-Pro in '06, Scott signed a six-year, $48 million contract in '09 to follow new head coach Rex Ryan to the Jets, Scott's defensive coordinator in Baltimore. Started all 16 games in '09, registering 92 tackles, a sack and a pass defended for the NFL's No. 1 defense. Notched 13 tackles, a pass breakup and forced fumble in two starts in '10.

Positives: Has a big, thick trunk, good lower-body strength and a very strong base. Is aggressive attacking the line of scrimmage and plays downhill with good pop and explosion. Heavy hitter — throws his body around with abandon and uncoils on contact. Very good take-on strength to stack and shed. Plays with discipline and gets good run fits. Secure open-field tackler — plays under control. Good hands strength and leverage to control tight ends and set a hard edge. Is alert in coverage — sees crossers passing through zones and switches off. Outstanding eyes and instincts. Good technician.

Negatives: Is a bit heavy-legged and shows limited range in pass coverage. Can be stressed in man coverage and leaves the field against three and four-receiver sets. Struggles to take an edge on the blitz and can be late timing it up. Can be overaggressive biting on play-action and get sucked into the line. Lacks great foot speed to reach the perimeter and can be outflanked by quicker backs — does not have great closing burst.

Summary: A self-made, physical, hard-hitting hammer with a fearless style of play, Scott is best suited for the weak-side in a "30" front where he could make plays from tackle to tackle. Has some limitations in coverage, but is functional enough to bracket tight ends and handle most backs and is not a liability in pass coverage. Brings a presence to the field and makes those around him better. A surly veteran still producing at a high level, Scott does not make many mental errors and has been a very durable, consistent, underrated performer best defending the inside run.

Banned
    Bart Scott's interview was wonderful. I hope they make a beer commercial out of it so we can see it all the time on tv just like Jim Mora's
    "Playoffs!?" speech.

All Pro
    Nope. Id still appreciate the guys passion for this game and for calling out the NON-BELIEVERS.

I absolutely admire true football players, throwback ones.
    Ones who play with NO FEAR.

Its just that much badass since he is a NY JET!!!