Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't doubt our run game

Practice Squad
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL by way of Brentwood, New York.

Don't doubt our run game

Why is every so called expert predicting we will not get our run game going against Pittsburgh. We ran the ball well them the last time we faced them and we have a damn good running game. Everyone feels everything about the first game was a fluke.

All Pro
    Eh that's the only analysis "experts" can give. "Stop the run and make Sanchez beat you."

So far it's worked out well for teams...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We need to pound it with Greene like there's no tomorrow. Let him start the game and get the majority of the carries through the first 3 quarters. Then unleash LT when Pitts defense is worn down.

Undrafted Free Agent
    "experts" believe that with the return of polumalu our running game won't go anywhere based on it's average play in week 15. But what the don't realize is that our running game is a hot or cold type of running game. Week 15 we came into the game cold. But rite now we are hot GROUND N POUND BABBYYY

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Chaz View Post
    Why is every so called expert predicting we will not get our run game going against Pittsburgh. We ran the ball well them the last time we faced them and we have a damn good running game. Everyone feels everything about the first game was a fluke.
    Agreed Chaz...I believe when we played them 5 weeks ago it was the first time they allowed more than 100 yards rushing in at least a year.

All League
    LT's motor will be running like never before, I dont think he is going to get denied..

All League
    You gotta believe our O-line will play the game of its life knowing how bad LT wants this.

All Pro
    I believe Shonn Greene is our best player on offense. I suggest we use him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Guck the Fiants View Post
    Agreed Chaz...I believe when we played them 5 weeks ago it was the first time they allowed more than 100 yards rushing in at least a year.
    Ahh, the jets had 98 yrds between LT and Green. Neither had a huge day. So yea keep thinking that's your ticket to win. So what happens when LT or Green have 30yds each and Sanchez has to win the game for you against the Steelers D??

You seem to think that the Colts, Pats have the same type of Defense that you are going to play on Sunday.

It's funny that you guys keep thinking that beating the Colts was such a huge thing. The Pats was a great win, but their D sucks also. REMEMBER this, you have a good Defense. The Steelers have a better one.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This is a town and team formerly the Steel Curtain that prizes itself on D, any kinda D, crowd and D will be ready to kill. It's kill or be killed the game has not changed.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CHOPJAW View Post
    Ahh, the jets had 98 yrds between LT and Green. Neither had a huge day. So yea keep thinking that's your ticket to win. So what happens when LT or Green have 30yds each and Sanchez has to win the game for you against the Steelers D??

You seem to think that the Colts, Pats have the same type of Defense that you are going to play on Sunday.

It's funny that you guys keep thinking that beating the Colts was such a huge thing. The Pats was a great win, but their D sucks also. REMEMBER this, you have a good Defense. The Steelers have a better one.
    You seem to think this is the same offensive line that you faced last week in Baltimore. It's not. This is the offensive line that lead the league in rushing last year and is just hitting its stride this year. LT and Shonn Greene averaged a combined 4.0 yds/carry last time they played. I'll sign up for that right now. LT averaged 4.5 by himself.

Can't wait.

Practice Squad
    Good thread! The Jets were still sputtering when we beat the Steelers, so don't hang your hat on the stats from that game. Watch us break off several *very* long runs. The Steeler's D will overcommit, over-pursue and be wide open to our counter plays. LT is going to absolutely kill them.

Undrafted Free Agent
    It's going to be really really cold thus hard to throw mid to deep routes. They are going to have a lot of guys in close so it will be hard to run against Pit.

I'm still looking for us to win the ground game because of the comparative strengths of the two O-lines.

I don't see it mentioned much but Sims made a great point about Ben being able to throw well with gloves. So Pit may be able to stretch our defense thus helping his run game.

Its so much fun thinking about football. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post
    Good thread! The Jets were still sputtering when we beat the Steelers, so don't hang your hat on the stats from that game. Watch us break off several *very* long runs. The Steeler's D will overcommit, over-pursue and be wide open to our counter plays. LT is going to absolutely kill them.
    If there were ever a game to use Favre's patented playaction screen pass, this is the game...

Run the ball a few times to set it up, then line up dual HB backfield...playaction to the weak side with shonn, and then flick it to the other side where LTD will be waiting to break a huge screen play. I can't remember which game Favre did it in as a packer, but they ran it like 3-4 times with enormous success...and the best part is that it'll keep the steelers D honest and open up running lanes...do it schotty!!

All League
    Ahh, the jets had 98 yrds between LT and Green. Neither had a huge day.
    Yes but the stat line still reads 106 rushing for the day (3.9avg) since Mark's bootleg did count

The young QB completely fooled the fantastic Steelers D

Should be a great game

All League
    I don't care if its the 85 Bears or the 00 Ravens they're lining up across from, our line needs to play possessed. No excuses, we need this game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DRevis24 View Post
    "experts" believe that with the return of polumalu our running game won't go anywhere based on it's average play in week 15. But what the don't realize is that our running game is a hot or cold type of running game. Week 15 we came into the game cold. But rite now we are hot GROUND N POUND BABBYYY
    Agree with you 100%. Besides Palumalu is slated to be at 70% going into Sunday. He wasn't a major or contributor against the Ravens and the same should hopefully hold true for this game.

An interesting comparison. Pit claims to have a dominant run D, right? Well, against the Non-AFC East opponents on their schedule, they were dominant to the tune of 54.8 yards per game. But how about those 4 games against the AFC East....

347 yards on 89 carries for a 3.9 yards per carry average.

Is this a more accurate measure of the Pit Run D? I guess we'll find out Sunday.

All League

Did you even read the posts in the thread? They have NOTHING to do with Indy/NE -- they all revolve our last game against YOU.

You want to say results will be different? Fine. But don't base it on our previous opponents. Base it on what you saw a month ago, which was a team that almost doubled your ypg average . . .

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio State NY Jets fan View Post
    Yes but the stat line still reads 106 rushing for the day (3.9avg) since Mark's bootleg did count

The young QB completely fooled the fantastic Steelers D

Should be a great game
    Marks bootleg and the rest of his rushing yards are part of that 106. Sanchez accounts for 15 of the 106. The Jets RBs. LT & S Green ran for 89 yards. Brad Smith had a carry for 2 yards.

Not bad, given how well the steelers play the run and taking into account a snowy field that may or may not have effected at least some of the runs.

But it's certainly not a stretch if someone predicts the Jets won't have an easy time running the ball.

Good thing is, if they play run first and dare Sanchez to throw, he's proven, especially in big games, that he's up to the challenge.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-21-2011 at 01:27 PM.