Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game on the line ... Folk needs to make a FG to win the game. What are your thoughts?

Game on the line ... Folk needs to make a FG to win the game. What are your thoughts?

It won't be positive for me AT ALL. Thats why if we're in their 30 or something and its 4th and short I'd go for it. Is their defense really good? Yes ... but I wouldn't trust Folk kicking anything thats beyond 40 in this game in the first 3 quarters. If its the end of the game I guess you have no choice but outdoors ... I hope the Jets know they have to get up early and pray this game doesn't end up coming down to Folks leg.

Banned
    He nails it

Practice Squad
    the opposite of doug brien.

All League
    I believe so. Gotta go with history (2-0 for game winners this season).

All Pro
    **** my life.

Banned
    In a strange way, I'd be happy for Chad Pennington, Herman Edwards, Paul Hackett, and Doug Brien as their Pittsburgh goat horns would be fitted for someone else.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In a strange way, I'd be happy for Chad Pennington, Herman Edwards, Paul Hackett, and Doug Brien as their Pittsburgh goat horns would be fitted for someone else.

SAR I
    LMFAO!

The people of Buffalo still call any type of mishap or screw up "Wide Right". Over 20 years and they have not forgotten.

Undrafted Free Agent
    CAN'T WAIT.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    CAN'T WAIT.
    ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT!
    Except for anybody playing the Jets in the AFCCG it seems.

SAR I

Banned
    If I'm Steve Weatherford, I purposely bobble the snap and try to run for the TD.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    He nails it
    x 2 - He did it once already with the game on the line vs the Colts, I think Folk can do it again if we need him to.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Doesn't matter who the kicker is, the further out the kick, the riskier it is for anyone. However, I don't like kicks from mid range, make it short or long.

All League
    How long?

Anything past 35 yards I am ****ting my ****ing pants.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnight25 View Post
    If I'm Steve Weatherford, I purposely bobble the snap and try to run for the TD.
    How %^&*ing stupid are you? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Like that would ever change the outcome.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    x 2 - He did it once already with the game on the line vs the Colts, I think Folk can do it again if we need him to.
    Agreed! Some people just feel the need to dump on Folk. Feely missed a few big ones too yet the same guys that dump on FOLK want Feely back. go figure. Rather then support a JETS player, alleged Jets fans chose to dump on him. GO JETS! I support all Jets players and hope that they do well so that the Jets can finally win a SB.

All Pro
    I hope he makes it, would be my thoughts. I'll bet Steeler fans would hope he misses.

Hall Of Fame
    Nick folk always worries me when he kicks. For whatever reason, I never feel comfortable or confident in any way when he's kicking. So if it comes down to Nick Folk kicking us into the SB? I think, unfortunately, we'll be disppointed again. But really it shouldn't come down to that. The Jets must get touchdowns, not field goals. Everybody has heard that said before, but it's even more important in the AFC Championship.

Practice Squad
    My thoughts would be picturing the ball going thru the uprights! Go Jets!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How about this, it didn't come down to Folks leg before. In the middle of a scoring drought for the team. In the snow.

Why now?

Jets win by 2 scores, no pressure kicks for Folk.

Got to give it to SOJF. Coming up with a double SOJF scenario. Not only will the game be a nail biter that we'll sweat out (instead of an easy win), but it will be decided by a missed FG.

SOJF at it's best
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 01-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.