Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLOCK MANAGEMENT

CLOCK MANAGEMENT

It may seem like piling on or redundant but that was some of the worst clock management ever by an Offensiver coordinator

1. not getting plays in
    2. calling draws after taking forty seconds
    3. not having plays ready to be called
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.

Practice Squad
    Couldnt agree more. They took their time getting plays in when the Steelers were clearly on their heels. This offense was too conservative all season, and tonight it clearly cost us. We had to burn the TO's after we scored. Why? Because we took our friggin time getting play calls in

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJETS3233 View Post
    It may seem like piling on or redundant but that was some of the worst clock management ever by an Offensiver coordinator

1. not getting plays in
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.

Yes, mind boggling, did Schottenheimer not have plays ready in his mind for the different situations, I'm pretty sure the Jets are decent in a no huddle, not only in the 4th quarter but they needed to be in a no huddle in the 3rd quarter.

They should have done an onside kick. On that fourth and goal, should have been a Sanchez bootleg.

I think this game is worse than the Denver 1998 game in that this game toyed with your emotions and mind more.

To the message board: Great job, thanks for providing therapy during commercial breaks, you guys are true die hards, this is just horrible.

1. not getting plays in
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.
    That was extremely frustrating to watch. You could feel them letting the season slip through their fingers by the lack of urgency they were playing with. A head scratcher for sure.

All Pro

1. not getting plays in
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.
    GREAT POST!!!!!

SCHOTTY IS A MORON; A MORON...PERIOD!!!!!!

I wish mark woulda just said screw it and started calling his own plays. cause schottenheimer wasnt prepared at all

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

SCHOTTY IS A MORON; A MORON...PERIOD!!!!!!
    Good grief..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Another thing, the Jets have arguably the best special teams coach in the game, can you give him an onsides kick.

Veteran

1. not getting plays in
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.
    Funny thing is, I didnt even think the 4th quarter was live action. I thought it was just a replay of the 4th quarter of the super bowl between the Patriots Eagles game where the Eagles were taking all day to call plays down by 2 scores.

Veteran
    I wish mark woulda just said screw it and started calling his own plays. cause schottenheimer wasnt prepared at all
    True. And crazy as it sounds, thats why it is partly Sanchez's fault. At some point he should have done that, and just called plays on his own.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Funny thing is, I didnt even think the 4th quarter was live action. I thought it was just a replay of the 4th quarter of the super bowl between the Patriots Eagles game where the Eagles were taking all day to call plays down by 2 scores.
    Yes good point.

Practice Squad
    Poor, poor, poor. I don't blame it all on Schotty.... Rex is the man. This kind of thing should have been in place before Hard Knocks.

Why the F*** are we giving the ball to old man LT on the goal line when we have #23. I don't understand that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by paule View Post
    Poor, poor, poor. I don't blame it all on Schotty.... Rex is the man. This kind of thing should have been in place before Hard Knocks.

Why the F*** are we giving the ball to old man LT on the goal line when we have #23. I don't understand that at all.
    yeah no excuse for not having greene in there with the way he was running people over. he would have gotten in

Undrafted Free Agent
    The more I think about this game, the more it bothers me, starting to sink in.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    True. And crazy as it sounds, thats why it is partly Sanchez's fault. At some point he should have done that, and just called plays on his own.
    He's a kid....and a great kid following the protocol set by his mentors that just gave him 50 million. I have total faith in Mark. I blame this loss on the coaches. But really who cares, the Jets as a whole screwed the fans again by not getting the job done. Thanks for an entertaining season, but once again you are no better than the next team until you bring us a championship.

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.

1. not getting plays in
    4. not going no huddle.

inexcusable.
    I agree and think it is the story of the 2nd half. Too many runs (I don't mind the occasional draw, one did result in a big gain for Greene) that burned time. The no huddle is on Rex. He's got to order the OC to go no huddle. They waited until under 5 minutes to do so, needing 2 TD drives still.

1st half = horrible tackling by D.
    2nd half = poor play calling and clock management.

agreed...

our management of timeouts in the 4th was horrific as well.

All Pro
    We diDnt lose because of clock management. If our defense makes a stop late we get the ball with two mins to play and a chance to win. We lost because we couldn't tackle in the first half. And that's not on Schotty or Rex. It is on the players.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by www.mikefrancesa.com View Post
    Another thing, the Jets have arguably the best special teams coach in the game, can you give him an onsides kick.
    The way the D was playing that half, kicking away was the right call.

All Pro
    I'm not mad that we lost. I am just mad that there was no sense of urgency with 7 or so minutes left to play and that the Jets were huddling up and running dead into the line when Sanchez was getting hot. Just unbelievably horrible coaching on the offensive side of the ball.