Torry Holt and Matt Millen say "no".
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...?module=HP_cp2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-playof...?module=HP_cp2
    If Matt Millen says no than it must mean Yes

All League
    When did Matt Millen become the voice of reason in what constitutes a successful team?

All Pro
    If your performance is being questioned on national TV, you have cause for concern.

Hall Of Fame
    Schitty's never the problem. It's all on the players for their execution. How dare anyone question Schitty and his infinite knowledge?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Schitty's never the problem. It's all on the players for their execution. How dare anyone question Schitty and his infinite knowledge?
    Everyone loves Big Marty, players, analysts, other coaches, unless you're a fan of the team he coached. So needless to say nobody would dare roast his son. It's disgusting

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Everyone loves Big Marty, players, analysts, other coaches, unless you're a fan of the team he coached. So needless to say nobody would dare roast his son. It's disgusting
    I've never seen a coordinator get so many free passes and excuses made for him. The problems we saw with Schitty this year were there in 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006. This year, after so many games of not scoring a first quarter TD, or horrible offensive outputs (Ravens, Packers, Pats2, Dolphins2, etc.), people still defend him like he's their almighty.

The only reason I could think of to bring him back would be for continuity with Sanchez and the offense. But the Jets could just as easily plug Callahan in there and the offense wouldn't suffer, in fact they would likely improve a bunch.

At least you've been on the fire Schitty campaign for awhle, as I've been. I'll admit he has his moments where he looks brilliant, but more often than not he'll boggle your mind beyond belief. Let's hope Rex's words about him "absolutely" staying weren't the truth.

All Pro
    I've never seen a coordinator get so many free passes and excuses made for him. The problems we saw with Schitty this year were there in 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006. This year, after so many games of not scoring a first quarter TD, or horrible offensive outputs (Ravens, Packers, Pats2, Dolphins2, etc.), people still defend him like he's their almighty.

The only reason I could think of to bring him back would be for continuity with Sanchez and the offense. But the Jets could just as easily plug Callahan in there and the offense wouldn't suffer, in fact they would likely improve a bunch.

At least you've been on the fire Schitty campaign for awhle, as I've been. I'll admit he has his moments where he looks brilliant, but more often than not he'll boggle your mind beyond belief. Let's hope Rex's words about him "absolutely" staying weren't the truth.
    Wish he was just consistent. I feel like he over thinks everything. Some games he can call a great game and some lose it for us. Oh well I guess that's the life of an o-coordinator. Only thing I'm scared of is Sanchez taking a step back if we lost him.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    Wish he was just consistent. I feel like he over thinks everything. Some games he can call a great game and some lose it for us. Oh well I guess that's the life of an o-coordinator. Only thing I'm scared of is Sanchez taking a step back if we lost him.
    I agree.

As much as I dislike him, he's called some good games this year (Pitt1 comes to mind). But he's the type to follow up a great game with a truly awful one. So bad that you can't believe it's the same person running the offense.

I think, unless something truly drastic happens, the offense wouldn't really suffer without B.S. Plug Cally in there, he led some good offenses in Oakland. I get the feeling he'd simplify things down and it would improve the offensive production tenfold.

Whoever they hire to replace Schotty would still employ the same offensive structure, like the language and cadences. Just he'd think up new ways to get our playmakers involved. Someone one won't call back to back passing plays on the one yard line. Someone who will call something other than a WR screen on 3rd and long. Just give someone else a chance already.

All Pro
    Shotenheimmer however you spell it, has to be blame for this loss and he should be fired.

Veteran
    When the Jets' offense hasn't scored a 1st QTR TD since Week 4 (15 straight games) the problem can't be the players. Even if 15 weeks of poor play execution were to be the problem, the OC and staff should be held accountable.

When they fail a 1st and goal at the two, including three shots from the one - in the AFCC - with talent such as Sanchez, LT, Greene, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Smith - something is wrong with either play design or play-calling.

Yeah, the ball hit Keller's hands. But they had two more shots to move the ball 36 inches.

Hall Of Fame
    Brian's old man must hold stocks in the NFL and ESPN or something for them to be giving him so many free passes......

great. so it's not on schitty but a team loss. wtf does that mean? it's a team win when they win? of course it is. the door swings both ways but the offense has been underperforming for 5 seasons now and that whole steeler game underscores what's wrong.

execution? why aren't the players being coached right.
    play calling? why on earth do you call a line plunge from 2 yards out on 4th down?
    play calling? why on earth did it take so long to get the 2nd down play in?
    plays? why is there all of this stupid motion or putting the fullback into the slot or other positional changes that make no sense and can't even be effective decoys?

the bottom line is that the jets can do much better than schitty and should take advantage of every opportunity to launch him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    When did Matt Millen become the voice of reason in what constitutes a successful team?
    All those years as a failure in Detroit makes Schotty look like a great OC to him.

This OC had better learn how to call a good game, get a feel for the game as it is developing, attack the other teams weaknesses and learn his personnel.

Thinking thru the down and distance on every series would help too.

Other than that, he is a great OC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Matt Millen ran a franchise into the ground. Thanks for confirming what I've been saying needs to be done since last year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree.

As much as I dislike him, he's called some good games this year (Pitt1 comes to mind). But he's the type to follow up a great game with a truly awful one. So bad that you can't believe it's the same person running the offense.

I think, unless something truly drastic happens, the offense wouldn't really suffer without B.S. Plug Cally in there, he led some good offenses in Oakland. I get the feeling he'd simplify things down and it would improve the offensive production tenfold.

Whoever they hire to replace Schotty would still employ the same offensive structure, like the language and cadences. Just he'd think up new ways to get our playmakers involved. Someone one won't call back to back passing plays on the one yard line. Someone who will call something other than a WR screen on 3rd and long. Just give someone else a chance already.
    "Some good games" is not enough. When teams go 14-2, win their division, get bye weeks and go to the Super Bowl you can rest assured that their OC did more than call "some good games" Schotty is bum.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    "Some good games" is not enough. When teams go 14-2, win their division, get bye weeks and go to the Super Bowl you can rest assured that their OC did more than call "some good games" Schotty is bum.
    Four or five games this season came down to last second, impromptu, heroics by Mark Sanchez. These wins had everything to do with Mark's God given ability, and nothing to do with BS or his play calling. Without those great plays by Mark, we go 7-9 and miss the playoffs. At some point, BS must be held accountable for his leadership over our offense. Others have posted the numbers, and they are far from impressive for a guy who just completed five years on the job.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by innerjet View Post
    When they fail a 1st and goal at the two, including three shots from the one - in the AFCC - with talent such as Sanchez, LT, Greene, Holmes, Edwards, Keller, and Smith - something is wrong with either play design or play-calling.

Yeah, the ball hit Keller's hands. But they had two more shots to move the ball 36 inches.
    Don't forget the non urgency in driving down the field in the 3rd and 4th quarter. Huddling up, Play clock down to zero at the snap, runners in formation. Precious minutes dwindling down. It was gut-wrenching to watch. I just couldn't fathom down 14 and playing like they had the lead.

They played to hope to stop Pitt and have the ball at the end for a drive to win the game.

This game should have been won running away in the second half. The Jets completely dominated and did virtually nothing except kill the clock.

All Pro
    WHO are Torry Holt and Matt Millen?

All Pro
    BS has one year left on his contract and apparently is one of the highest paid OC's out there, clearly earning every penny.