Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Quote by Rex, IMO

Hall Of Fame

Thumbs up Great Quote by Rex, IMO

Don't know if anyone has seen this but :

"One day when they tell me to leave, I hope they tell me to leave and to take (my) Super Bowl trophies with (me)," he says, smiling. "I hope that happens. That's the way to go. I never see myself retiring from this position, so eventually, they're going to have to get tired of me."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...Top+Stories%29

Gotta Love Rex!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Gotta Love Rex!
    You're on the clock Rex, with all this talk, it's already time for the first one.

Rex is the best thing that has happened to this franchise.

Hall Of Fame
    The thing that is interesting is a guy like Cowher who everyone always falls over themsleves thinking is a greaet coach won the big one once in about 12 years or so. Fisher who everyone loves never won one and has just one more playoff win than Ryan in two years. Two playoff years, 4-2 in the playoffs all games on the road. He has done very well so far.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    +1

As fans we want it all, but it is truly amazing what he has accomplished in such a short time.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The thing that is interesting is a guy like Cowher who everyone always falls over themsleves thinking is a greaet coach won the big one once in about 12 years or so. Fisher who everyone loves never won one and has just one more playoff win than Ryan in two years. Two playoff years, 4-2 in the playoffs all games on the road. He has done very well so far.
    +1 great post... if not for the imminent work stoppage the forecast in jetland looks effin' great.

All Pro
    Well, we're counting on Rex to get to the Big Dance and WIN it all!

It's gotta happen soon! We're getting a bit antsy making it to 2 AFCCG's in two years and not advancing!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    I can see no reason to disagree with that statement, however, it is time for Rex to win a SB. How many times can you go to the AFCCG only to lay an egg? Rex, as HC, has been there two years and counting and the door is still closed. He must win the big one to win true recognition from everyone. Here's hoping he does.

Veteran
    well Rex better get rid of Schittforbrains or else he is gonna look like a dumb fat slob every upcoming January.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I can see no reason to disagree with that statement, however, it is time for Rex to win a SB. How many times can you go to the AFCCG only to lay an egg? Rex, as HC, has been there two years and counting and the door is still closed. He must win the big one to win true recognition from everyone. Here's hoping he does.
    That's why next season(I PRAY there will be a season) is PUT UP OR.....PUT UP('cause Rex would never shut up. ) for Rex. The Jets NEED TO WIN MORE THAN 11 GAMES Next season and WIN THE DIVISION SOMEHOW from the Patriots.

Easier said than done, I know.

All League
    It usually takes a new coach 2 plus years to have success and Rex has been a bit above the curve. We will see what kind of coach we have after this next season.

2 seasons=2champinship games
    3rd season=super bowl victory ( I hope anyway)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Rex has attracted so much attention to the Jets because of the play of the team, and the media attraction (Howard Stern effect)

Half the nation loves the Jets, half the nation hates us.

Everyone watches, though.

All Pro
    It all starts with the owner. Gotta give Woody his props, for the first time since the late 60's early 70's the Jets(not the Giants) own New York, and they didn't even have to win a SB to do it. It's all because of Rex.

Leon Hess would have never hired Rex.

All League
    God I love you Rex. Seriously if ANYONE thinks to even slightly complain about him, GO **** YOURSELF. Only really.

The man has taken us to 2 straight AFC Championships, won the most playoff games of any coach in the history of the New York Jets, given us 2 straight years of top 3 defenses, and given us a solid reputation around the league as a team to be feared of. It's a historic acheivement for this franchise and Rex is just getting started

I mean just listen to most of us..."super bowl or bust next season"

HONESTLY when in these past 40 something years have ANY OF US felt like that?!? Do you realize what this man has transformed this team, this organization into? A WINNER! We have been blessed people, and don't any of you dare take this for granted.
    Last edited by BleedGnW; 01-29-2011 at 04:04 AM.

All Pro

Gotta Love Rex!
    Great quote, but at the same time I would like him to tone it down a bit next season. All the bravado is good but the SB guarantees just keep putting targets on our backs.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    Rex Ryan is a polarizing figure insofar as the media is concerned, there is very little gray area so far as I can see, the Jets beat reporters who cover him on a daily basis tend to like him because he's faboulous copy, extremely forthcoming and jovial to be around, manna from heaven for the beat guys and gals.

On the other hand the national media has adopted a very different narrative, ignoring his good nature, instead painting him as a blowhard and a braggart and openly rooting for his failure, like he needs to be taken down and they love to rub it in when he loses.

For the former he has done a terrific job in his first two years as an NFL HC, they give him the respect he has earned, and they pretty much expect bigger success in the future. Essentially they already acknowledge he is one of the current NFL's elite coaches.

For the latter there is only one way he can begrudgingly garner some praise, win the Super Bowl and leave them no alternative. In that case they won't like it, but they'll have to give the devil his due ... and once you're a SB winning coach with an impressive accompanying playoff resume, even the haters have no choice but to accept your status as one of the leagues elite coaches.
    It's only a matter of time before Rex gets his overdue prize. The AFCG loss this year might be a blessing in disguise in the long term, keeping the team hungry and teaching them not to take things for granted. Can't wait for the offseason - draft and FA recruits. Next season should be awesome!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Great quote, but at the same time I would like him to tone it down a bit next season. All the bravado is good but the SB guarantees just keep putting targets on our backs.
    Rex never Guaranteed anything. He stated that the SB is their goal, often and loudly, but he did not guarantee one.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    In a tainted SB, that the Seahawks had stolen from them.

Hall Of Fame
    Below is taken from a post by SAR I, it is worthy in this thread. We all LOVE Rex but ......

The last three AFC Championship Games:

2008: Rex Ryan's Baltimore Ravens fall behind 13-0 with 2 minutes left before halftime to lose the AFCCG.

2009: Rex Ryan's New York Jets surrender a humiliating 24-0 run in the second half to lose the AFCCG.

2010: Rex Ryan's New York Jets surrender a humiliating 24-0 run from the opening gun to lose the AFCCG.

See a pattern here? During 84 minutes out of the last 180 minutes played in the NFL's AFC Championship Game, a Rex Ryan defense allowed the opponents to go on a 61-0 run.

Banned

"One day when they tell me to leave, I hope they tell me to leave and to take (my) Super Bowl trophies with (me)," he says, smiling. "I hope that happens. That's the way to go. I never see myself retiring from this position, so eventually, they're going to have to get tired of me."

Gotta Love Rex!

That would be a great quote iffin he had some trophies.