Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EAT SH*T COWHERD!

Undrafted Free Agent

EAT SH*T COWHERD!

Guess Rodgers is a pretty good QB, huh douchebag?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scheinsucks View Post
    Guess Rodgers is a pretty good QB, huh douchebag?
    That's exactly what Cowherd says, right? That Rodgers is a really good QB? But that he's not yet elite like Brady/Manning/Brees?

Now that Rodgers has won the big one, he's gotta be closer to getting into that club, right? I bet Cowherd will talk about that tomorrow.

Sounds to me like you and Cowherd completely agree.

Veteran
    Cowherd is essentially Francesa sans 200 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    That's exactly what Cowherd says, right? That Rodgers is a really good QB? But that he's not yet elite like Brady/Manning/Brees?

Now that Rodgers has won the big one, he's gotta be closer to getting into that club, right? I bet Cowherd will talk about that tomorrow.

No, he underrates Rodgers. He says Tony Romo is as good as Rodgers.

Undrafted Free Agent

No. Not at all. Cowherd has always showed disdain for Rodgers. Now he can go back to licking Brady's balls.

Veteran
    He made some big time throws today. And was MVP. Cowherd will love him even more tomorrow than he has all year.

Undrafted Free Agent
    The irony with hating Cowherd as a Jets fan is he thinks Sanchez is really good, talks about his ability to win.

But I agree he is still a douche.

Veteran
    No. Not at all. Cowherd has always showed disdain for Rodgers. Now he can go back to licking Brady's balls.
    Do you ever listen to the show? I'm not a big fan or an apologist for him or anything, but I heard 30 minutes last week where he covered this EXACT topic. He repeated as fans called in asking why he doesn't like Rodgers that he thinks Rodgers is an excellent QB but just not in the same class as Brady/Manning/Brees.

Google it and I'm sure you'll find the clips.

Not trying to be a jerk but there's a factual problem here. Just find his actual opinion which he repeated again and again last week. He agrees with you.

Banned
    What a dick. I can't believed he's always showed disdain for Rodgers...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hi Cornfed. I don't think you're a jerk. I listen to Cowherd every day. His whole take on Rodgers changed when he reached the Super Bowl. Before then he was running down Rodgers because he never won a playoff game, he never did this, never did that, etc.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    What a dick. I can't believed he's always showed disdain for Rodgers...
    Don't like my choice of words or are you just making an attempt at being funny?

Veteran
    Wholeheartedly disagree!!! I believe Cowherd to be the best national radio personality, and there is nobody even close IMO. He is extremely smart and offers an intelligent, and different perspective on subjects. Those same subjects that most analysts regurgitate the same obvious comments over and over. The man clearly demonstrates a high IQ. Cowherd is not always right, nobody is. He is "on the money" more often than not. As far as a sports analyst, he is as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by RoadFan; 02-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.

All Pro
    I don't think Cowherd was that far off BEFORE the Super Bowl. Now, Rodgers has to be included in the 'elite talk'.

Banned
    Don't like my choice of words or are you just making an attempt at being funny?
    You have a thing for announcers/broadcasters you find annoying...

Do you come here to vent so you don't end up beating your wife over it?

If that's the case, I apologize. I don't want to be responsible for another black eye.

Veteran
    Hi Cornfed. I don't think you're a jerk. I listen to Cowherd every day. His whole take on Rodgers changed when he reached the Super Bowl. Before then he was running down Rodgers because he never won a playoff game, he never did this, never did that, etc.
    Cool - I didn't realize. I listen to him occasionally but happened to catch the Rodgers thing during the playoffs AFTER his big playoff wins. So you're right - I probably missed the other stuff.

Either way, thanks for the clarification. I do appreciate it.

Meanwhile, tactically and if you were God creating a QB, Rodgers may be it. In terms of pure passing accuracy plus arm strength plus some mobility, who beats him? I'd still take Manning over him for sure if I want to win a game tomorrow. But part of that is that Manning is savant football smart. And I guess Brady since he's won so much. But now that Rodgers has also won the big one, how about Rodgers vs. Brees to win a huge game tomorrow? That's a fair and close question, IMO.

Good stuff, and have a great night! I have 1 more beer left....

All Pro
    Do you ever listen to the show? I'm not a big fan or an apologist for him or anything, but I heard 30 minutes last week where he covered this EXACT topic. He repeated as fans called in asking why he doesn't like Rodgers that he thinks Rodgers is an excellent QB but just not in the same class as Brady/Manning/Brees.
    He loves Roethlisberger. Loves, loves, loves, him. Has said often that if he had to pick one QB it would be Roethlisberger, because he is such a playmaker. Yeah. Like he was tonight.

All League
    Listen to Cowherd on the commute to work out here in LA everyday. He gets off on being smarter than everyone else, and he does indeed always make it a point to say something negative about Rogers. He started with the criticism of Rogers never winning a big game and then reverted to different ones as the wins started to accrue. I believe this past week he was harping on Rogers being an indoor/good weather QB who hasn't proved he can be good in adverse conditions.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    You have a thing for announcers/broadcasters you find annoying...

Do you come here to vent so you don't end up beating your wife over it?

If that's the case, I apologize. I don't want to be responsible for another black eye.
    I'm in sales so I'm in the car most of the day listening to sportsradio for the most part. Yeah, it's a pet peeve of mine. Not a wife beater.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    There is nothing more annoying than someone with limited knowledge of football acting like he possesses some deep insights that the normal football fan is simply not capable of comprehending.
    So, does that mean you're banning Philadelphia Jet?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of War 599 View Post
    The irony with hating Cowherd as a Jets fan is he thinks Sanchez is really good, talks about his ability to win.

But I agree he is still a douche.
    Nail on the head.