Thread: Raiders re-sign John Henderson, 2 yrs/8 million

JetsInsider.com Legend

Raiders re-sign John Henderson, 2 yrs/8 million

Another Raiders Re-signing: Big John Henderson

The Raiders have been in the business of overpaying players recently, and havenít stopped at Richard Seymour and Stanford Routt.

ESPNís Adam Schefter reports that the team has re-signed defensive tackle John Henderson to a two-year, $8 million contract.

The financial commitment doesnít seem like much, but itís probably more than Henderson wouldíve gotten on the open market. The declining, 10-year veteran didnít record a sack last season and missed seven games with stress fracture in his foot. Henderson collected $1 million in 2010.

Owner Al Davis, somehow, found Hendersonís performance worthy of a raise.

Had he been allowed to reach free agency, Henderson likely wouldíve only generated minimum salary-type offers with no guaranteed money.

So with Henderson, Seymour, and Routt locked up, and Kamerion Wimbley franchise tagged, the Raiders now have essentially doled out $80.6 million worth of contracts in the matter of nine days.

And none of it will go to Nnamdi Asomugha.

All League
    $4 million a year for John Henderson is a pretty fair contract. Not overpaying.

Seymour, you could argue is overpaid. But you could also argue that he really is THAT good.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Al Davis seems to have a strategy to lock up pretty good players who will work hard every year at a rate he deems acceptable... If he was signing bad players I could see the folly but all of these players help that team.

who knows what the future may bring, maybe they have a CBA with 18 games but no salary cap? these could be deals. without a sure knowledge of the future no one really knows if these are bad or good deals.

All Pro
    IF THERE IS NO SALARY CAP... JETS WILLL BE REDICULOUS NEXT YEAR EVERYONES COMMING BACK BESIDES GHOLSTON - TAYLOR AND PROBABLY FOLK

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Al Davis seems to have a strategy to lock up pretty good players who will work hard every year at a rate he deems acceptable... If he was signing bad players I could see the folly but all of these players help that team.

who knows what the future may bring, maybe they have a CBA with 18 games but no salary cap? these could be deals. without a sure knowledge of the future no one really knows if these are bad or good deals.
    Unless he knows something.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Again al Davis understands the salary Cap better than anyone. If you really believe John Henderson got a Contract for 2 years for 4 million per year than i have a bridge I want to sell you. Lets see how that contract is structuired. For all we know he slated to make 2 million this year and 6 million the following year.(money he will never see. Al Davis just playing around with the media and probably laughing his butt off.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Again al Davis understands the salary Cap better than anyone. If you really believe John Henderson got a Contract for 2 years for 4 million per year than i have a bridge I want to sell you. Lets see how that contract is structuired. For all we know he slated to make 2 million this year and 6 million the following year.(money he will never see)
    So, you're saying he's going to make a rear loaded contract and cut Henderson before he's due the money.

And everyone (including you) know this, except for Henderson?

So, you're saying he's going to make a rear loaded contract and cut Henderson before he's due the money.

And everyone (including you) know this, except for Henderson?
    All Im going to say wait for the contract terms really to come out. Lets see how much his signing bonus was for.(that the key number) Not how much hes going to make in his second year . (money he will never see) Again I know How Al Davis writes his contracts. I remember when Raiders were 50 million dollars over the Cap . That was 2002. Not only the Raiders didn't cut anyone but they went out and signed a couple of big name Fa's.

Btw Raiders Just signed their special teams ace Roc Cartwright. Let see how much they signed him too. If numbers sound crazy than we really know al Davis is playing around with Media.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 02-24-2011 at 10:25 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    All Im going to say wait for the contract terms really to come out. Lets see how much his signing bonus was for.(that the key number) Not how much hes going to make in his second year . (money he will never see) Again I know How Al Davis writes his contracts. I remember when Raiders were 50 million dollars over the Cap . That was 2002. Not only the Raiders didn't cut anyone but they went out and signed a couple of big name Fa's.
    Almost nobody wants to play for Al Davis.

Nobody.

All Pro

Nobody.
    word/

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nobody.
    Now you know why he has to pay top dollar to get anyone to stay..

Banned

Btw Raiders Just signed their special teams ace Roc Cartwright. Let see how much they signed him too. If numbers sound crazy than we really know al Davis is playing around with Media.
    You are ridiculous

Nobody.
    Lets see why Raiders are taking care of their freeagents. All the rest of the teams are playing the waiting game. Now tell me which team do the freeagents have more respect for. The more Raider signing the more the other freeagents have to be pissed at their front office.

Btw Raiders aren't cutting any employees if there is a lockout or making them take a vacation. Its called class.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Lets see why Raiders are taking care of their freeagents. All the rest of the teams are playing the waiting game. Now tell me which team do the freeagents have more respect for. The more Raider signing the more the other freeagents have to be pissed at their front office.

Btw Raiders aren't cutting any employees if there is a lockout or making them take a vacation. Its called class.
    You have to be the first person in History to use class and the Raiders in the same sentence.. All the Raider fans on death row would shun you..

All League

preach it girl

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Now you know why he has to pay top dollar to get anyone to stay..
    Again Everyone playing under the same rules. How can he be signiing all these players and not be over the cap.(when there is a cap) Raiders will get everyone they want back . Reason nobody understands the Cap better than Al davis. Keep saying this till it finally set in. You think Tannbaum good hes an amateur in comparison to Al Davis when it comes to salary cap.

JetsInsider.com Legend

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You have to be the first person in History to use class and the Raiders in the same sentence.. All the Raider fans on death row would shun you..
    Raiders are one of only two teams that pay all there employees and their families medical expenses. Raiders take care of their players past and present. Not many organizations can say that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Raiders are one of only two teams that pay all there employees and their families medical expenses. Raiders take care of their players past and present. Not many organizations can say that.
    You do know about Al's treatment of his coaches right??