Thread: DWC... writes for the Sun-Sentinel??

All League

DWC... writes for the Sun-Sentinel??

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...wins.html:huh:

I swear I was reading a post from him...

here's an excerpt from this article that could have been written by the former JI controversial poster:

"Take a look at what Mr. New QB will have to work with on offense. There’s a alpha receiver in Brandon Marshall, who is a little difficult to manage (OK, a lot), but talented. There’s a tight end (Anthony Fasano) who is coming off a career season, and was slowed by injuries in the final month. The Dolphins have a top-five slot receiver in Davone Bess, who also had a career year in 2010. There is an up and coming possession receiver in Brian Hartline (look at the numbers folks…LOOK AT THEM). Now there’s a new stretch the field guy named Edmond Gates, who was the draft’s fastest wide out, and a consistent mismatch for linebackers in new H-Back Clarles Clay."

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...wins.html:huh:

I swear I was reading a post from him...

here's an excerpt from this article that could have been written by the former JI controversial poster:

"Take a look at what Mr. New QB will have to work with on offense. There’s a alpha receiver in Brandon Marshall, who is a little difficult to manage (OK, a lot), but talented. There’s a tight end (Anthony Fasano) who is coming off a career season, and was slowed by injuries in the final month. The Dolphins have a top-five slot receiver in Davone Bess, who also had a career year in 2010. There is an up and coming possession receiver in Brian Hartline (look at the numbers folks…LOOK AT THEM). Now there’s a new stretch the field guy named Edmond Gates, who was the draft’s fastest wide out, and a consistent mismatch for linebackers in new H-Back Clarles Clay."
    He's a Dolphin fan?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

What new QB? Did I miss something where the Dolphins drafted a QB?

All League
    here's the full article by Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel:

Please allow me this opportunity to paint a portrait of what Tony Sparano envisions putting on the field in 2011.

Try to understand the blueprint Ireland & Sparano are working with.
    It’s clear to me that Sparano knows he can’t do ANYTHING to win the fan base over outside of win games. Hell, he’s stopped trying, and only concerns himself with his locker room, taking the bunker down, “us against the world approach.” So allow me to share what I’M TOLD is his vision so you’ll at least understand the present blueprint better.

Dust off that hater on your shoulder for five minutes and try to grasp Sparano’s vision for the Miami Dolphins in 2011.

Remember the 2008 Miami Dolphins offense? The one where veteran Chad Pennington showed up two weeks before the season started and became one of the NFL’s most efficient quarterbacks, completing 67 percent of his passes and throwing 19 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Remember the passing game that was ranked amongst the league’s top 10, and regularly kept teams off balance despite not having much of a running game?

Well, put that with 2009’s rushing offense, the one that featured a forceful offensive line (I miss you Justin Smiley) that led the way for 2,231 rushing yards and 22 rushing touchdowns. And that’s without often injured Pro Bowl tailback Ronnie Brown for the final six games of that season. We’re talking about the type of running game that hid ALL of Chad Henne’s shortcomings from the average Dolphins fan, and owner, who thought he’d be the next Dan Marino.

Put the 2008 passing game (with the right quarterback behind the trigger of course), with the 2009 rushing game (the Dolphins finally have an elite puller again with the first-round selection of Mike Pouncey) and then repeat the performance of the 2010 defense.

You remember those guys right? I’m not talking about the defense that fell apart at the end of the season when Karlos Dansby was sidelined by his turf toe injury. I’m talking about the one that featured Dansby locking down tight ends and tailbacks, had Paul Soliai eating up double-teams and Steve Ross’ wallet, saw Sean Smith return to stud form at midseason (but throw in some hands in ‘11…get on that jugs machine homie), included Koa Misi blossoming into an every down outside linebacker in the second half, and didn’t include Chris Clemons playing the final month of the season with a torn groin.

Add a year of experience and knowledge in Mike Nolan’s defense on top of that 2010 defense, which was top 10 in just about every important defensive category, and throw in a healthy Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds.

That’s Tony Sparano’s vision!

It’s not flashy, or sexy like Ross wants it, but if the second phase of the 2011 offseason pans out right….cross your fingers there’s no restricted free agency Dolphins fans…. and injuries don’t decimate the team too badly, the Miami Dolphins might be looking at a win-loss record that’s above .500. And we could be talking about double-digit wins.

Yours truly, who is ADMITTEDLY a glass half empty kinda guy, can see it. I just don’t understand why I’m alone here?

Of course, the most important ingredient in this resurgence from two straight 7-9 seasons with Henne is finding (or developing) the right quarterback.

But think about this for a minute? If you’re Phialdelphia’s Kevin Kolb, Denver’s Kyle Orton, Green Bay’s Matt Flynn (me likes), Seattle’s Matt Hasselbeck, Washington’s Donovan McNabb, Tennessee’s Vince Young, Cincinnati’s Carson Palmer, aged veteran Marc Bulger, or young veterans Brady Quinn and Matt Leinhart you have to be looking at what General Manager Jeff Ireland has been building this offseason with a high level of intrigue.

All of these quarterbacks know they are on their last leg, possibly headed to their last NFL spot as a starter. That means putting themselves in a position to be successful is critical. At this point I’d personally prefer a desperate, driven and knowledgeable quarterback over a young, talented and green one.

Well, the Dolphins potentially have the defense Mr. New QB will want if this unit takes a step forward and not back.

The running game should improve now that Mike Pouncey and Daniel Thomas are on board, and Nate Garner (eight starts at left and right guard in 2009) is healthy. And that’s without even knowing who the scatback for this Brian Daboll ran offense will be (safest guess right now is DeAngelo Williams (if there’s no RFA’s this offseason) or Darren Sproles if there is).

Take a look at what Mr. New QB will have to work with on offense. There’s a alpha receiver in Brandon Marshall, who is a little difficult to manage (OK, a lot), but talented. There’s a tight end (Anthony Fasano) who is coming off a career season, and was slowed by injuries in the final month. The Dolphins have a top-five slot receiver in Davone Bess, who also had a career year in 2010. There is an up and coming possession receiver in Brian Hartline (look at the numbers folks…LOOK AT THEM). Now there’s a new stretch the field guy named Edmond Gates, who was the draft’s fastest wide out, and a consistent mismatch for linebackers in new H-Back Clarles Clay.

The Arizona Cardinals are the only team that’s out there with a comparable VACANY sign flashing above the quarterback position. Everyone else (Seattle, Minnesota, San Francisco, Tennessee, Carolina, Oakland) has a quarterback they are either comfortable with, or want to develop.

Now, of course those West Coast quarterbacks – McNabb, Flynn, Hasselbeck – might prefer to find a team running a West Coast offense. But that still leaves plenty of other options. Remember, the Dolphins aren’t necessarily looking for a world beater. They’ll settle for a quarterback who can turn field goals into touchdowns in the red zone, and doesn’t have those brain fart moments that produce turnovers.

So, if you stack apples vs. apples up with the Cardinals, outside of the organizational instability, it’s clear to me which teams I’d want to line up under center for. It’s the one with no state taxes.

How about you? Do you see the vision now (here’s me talking about it on WQAM)?

G.G.A.T.G.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    here's the full article by Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel:

Please allow me this opportunity to paint a portrait of what Tony Sparano envisions putting on the field in 2011.

Try to understand the blueprint Ireland & Sparano are working with.
    It’s clear to me that Sparano knows he can’t do ANYTHING to win the fan base over outside of win games. Hell, he’s stopped trying, and only concerns himself with his locker room, taking the bunker down, “us against the world approach.” So allow me to share what I’M TOLD is his vision so you’ll at least understand the present blueprint better.

Dust off that hater on your shoulder for five minutes and try to grasp Sparano’s vision for the Miami Dolphins in 2011.

Remember the 2008 Miami Dolphins offense? The one where veteran Chad Pennington showed up two weeks before the season started and became one of the NFL’s most efficient quarterbacks, completing 67 percent of his passes and throwing 19 touchdowns and just seven interceptions. Remember the passing game that was ranked amongst the league’s top 10, and regularly kept teams off balance despite not having much of a running game?

Well, put that with 2009’s rushing offense, the one that featured a forceful offensive line (I miss you Justin Smiley) that led the way for 2,231 rushing yards and 22 rushing touchdowns. And that’s without often injured Pro Bowl tailback Ronnie Brown for the final six games of that season. We’re talking about the type of running game that hid ALL of Chad Henne’s shortcomings from the average Dolphins fan, and owner, who thought he’d be the next Dan Marino.

Put the 2008 passing game (with the right quarterback behind the trigger of course), with the 2009 rushing game (the Dolphins finally have an elite puller again with the first-round selection of Mike Pouncey) and then repeat the performance of the 2010 defense.

You remember those guys right? I’m not talking about the defense that fell apart at the end of the season when Karlos Dansby was sidelined by his turf toe injury. I’m talking about the one that featured Dansby locking down tight ends and tailbacks, had Paul Soliai eating up double-teams and Steve Ross’ wallet, saw Sean Smith return to stud form at midseason (but throw in some hands in ‘11…get on that jugs machine homie), included Koa Misi blossoming into an every down outside linebacker in the second half, and didn’t include Chris Clemons playing the final month of the season with a torn groin.

Add a year of experience and knowledge in Mike Nolan’s defense on top of that 2010 defense, which was top 10 in just about every important defensive category, and throw in a healthy Jared Odrick and A.J. Edds.

That’s Tony Sparano’s vision!

It’s not flashy, or sexy like Ross wants it, but if the second phase of the 2011 offseason pans out right….cross your fingers there’s no restricted free agency Dolphins fans…. and injuries don’t decimate the team too badly, the Miami Dolphins might be looking at a win-loss record that’s above .500. And we could be talking about double-digit wins.

Yours truly, who is ADMITTEDLY a glass half empty kinda guy, can see it. I just don’t understand why I’m alone here?

Of course, the most important ingredient in this resurgence from two straight 7-9 seasons with Henne is finding (or developing) the right quarterback.

But think about this for a minute? If you’re Phialdelphia’s Kevin Kolb, Denver’s Kyle Orton, Green Bay’s Matt Flynn (me likes), Seattle’s Matt Hasselbeck, Washington’s Donovan McNabb, Tennessee’s Vince Young, Cincinnati’s Carson Palmer, aged veteran Marc Bulger, or young veterans Brady Quinn and Matt Leinhart you have to be looking at what General Manager Jeff Ireland has been building this offseason with a high level of intrigue.

All of these quarterbacks know they are on their last leg, possibly headed to their last NFL spot as a starter. That means putting themselves in a position to be successful is critical. At this point I’d personally prefer a desperate, driven and knowledgeable quarterback over a young, talented and green one.

Well, the Dolphins potentially have the defense Mr. New QB will want if this unit takes a step forward and not back.

The running game should improve now that Mike Pouncey and Daniel Thomas are on board, and Nate Garner (eight starts at left and right guard in 2009) is healthy. And that’s without even knowing who the scatback for this Brian Daboll ran offense will be (safest guess right now is DeAngelo Williams (if there’s no RFA’s this offseason) or Darren Sproles if there is).

Take a look at what Mr. New QB will have to work with on offense. There’s a alpha receiver in Brandon Marshall, who is a little difficult to manage (OK, a lot), but talented. There’s a tight end (Anthony Fasano) who is coming off a career season, and was slowed by injuries in the final month. The Dolphins have a top-five slot receiver in Davone Bess, who also had a career year in 2010. There is an up and coming possession receiver in Brian Hartline (look at the numbers folks…LOOK AT THEM). Now there’s a new stretch the field guy named Edmond Gates, who was the draft’s fastest wide out, and a consistent mismatch for linebackers in new H-Back Clarles Clay.

The Arizona Cardinals are the only team that’s out there with a comparable VACANY sign flashing above the quarterback position. Everyone else (Seattle, Minnesota, San Francisco, Tennessee, Carolina, Oakland) has a quarterback they are either comfortable with, or want to develop.

Now, of course those West Coast quarterbacks – McNabb, Flynn, Hasselbeck – might prefer to find a team running a West Coast offense. But that still leaves plenty of other options. Remember, the Dolphins aren’t necessarily looking for a world beater. They’ll settle for a quarterback who can turn field goals into touchdowns in the red zone, and doesn’t have those brain fart moments that produce turnovers.

So, if you stack apples vs. apples up with the Cardinals, outside of the organizational instability, it’s clear to me which teams I’d want to line up under center for. It’s the one with no state taxes.

How about you? Do you see the vision now (here’s me talking about it on WQAM)?

G.G.A.T.G.
    holy crap.

that is PAINFULLY reminiscent of DWC

Veteran
    How do you write for a MAJOR newspaper (albeit one in ORLANDO) and randomly capitalize words (in the middle of the sentence) AND include stupid parenthetical asides. Maybe he became a dolphin fan when he left this message board.

All League
    Actually some of the posters at TGG found a picture of him wearing a Zach Thomas phins jersey on his myspace or something like that LOL he even admitted to wearing it but had some excuse for it.

Man am I glad he is gone from JI, he was on Knicks Online not that long ago and made threads unreadable with all the BS he was posting about his love for D'Antoni and what not....eventually got banned for it too.