Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official "Braylon Edwards wants to remain a Jet" thread

Official "Braylon Edwards wants to remain a Jet" thread

Free agent Braylon Edwards reiterated Wednesday that he wants to continue playing for the Jets.
    "This is where I want to be," he said. "I don't want to go anywhere else and start over." Asked whether he's open to a hometown discount, Edwards said "It depends on the discount. I'm not asking for the moon. If it's close, let's do it." Edwards also said he's willing to set aside his ego to return as a No. 2 receiver. The Jets' top free agency priority is Santonio Holmes.
    Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter May 4, 4:46 PM

When we traded for him, there was a lot of hate towards him. So many people were wrong about this guy. He's an awesome teammate and player. He deserves a good contract from us and I hope he gets it. The Jets will really look like **** if he doesn't get it, considering how much he's been saying he loves the Jets and now going public saying he'd take less money.

We need to sign him.

We need to sign all three: Holmes, Braylon and Cromartie. They cost us picks and we can't just give up picks so willy nilly.

All Pro
    Braylon is my favorite Jet and I think both he and Holmes will be back.

Super*****/Prom Queen
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    The Jets will really look like **** if he doesn't get it, considering how much he's been saying he loves the Jets and now going public saying he'd take less money. We need to sign him.

Sure. Right after he gets done with his community service stint picking up trash off the side of the Belt Parkway in order to get off easy with his DUI arrest. Don't worry, I have a few friends that work for NYPD's Highway Patrol and they are HUGE Giant fans. Live through that ordeal #17 and you'll have my full support as a NY Jet.

Veteran
    jets will re-sign cromartie harris edwards and holmes. dont expect a ton of FA this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    Free agent Braylon Edwards reiterated Wednesday that he wants to continue playing for the Jets.
    "This is where I want to be," he said. "I don't want to go anywhere else and start over." Asked whether he's open to a hometown discount, Edwards said "It depends on the discount. I'm not asking for the moon. If it's close, let's do it." Edwards also said he's willing to set aside his ego to return as a No. 2 receiver. The Jets' top free agency priority is Santonio Holmes.
    Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter May 4, 4:46 PM
    Do you know what this really says? I'll tell you what it says. It says in bold, capitalized letters, "TEAM PLAYER!!"

I couldn't be happier that BE wants to remain a Jet. He's a team player and he's proving that aspect each and every day he is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Sure. Right after he gets done with his community service stint picking up trash off the side of the Belt Parkway in order to get off easy with his DUI arrest. Don't worry, I have a few friends that work for NYPD's Highway Patrol and they are HUGE Giant fans. Live through that ordeal #17 and you'll have my full support as a NY Jet.

That really doesn't have anything to do with anything.

All League
    I think we lose one.A team who really needs a receiver like the Bears is gonna throw a ton of money at either Holmes are Edwards.

Think the Jets will sign Edwards and Cro..think Holmes will get offered a huge contact elsewhere

All Pro
    I just dont like him at all. Not worth what we paid him last year and not worth bringing back at a high price to be a #3. Cotch is our #2 and Edwards is not a #1 so I say let him walk away while you can. I'd rather Moss come back or TO or the other Moss. All have more talent them him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I just dont like him at all. Not worth what we paid him last year and not worth bringing back at a high price to be a #3. Cotch is our #2 and Edwards is not a #1 so I say let him walk away while you can. I'd rather Moss come back or TO or the other Moss. All have more talent them him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I think we lose one.A team who really needs a receiver like the Bears is gonna throw a ton of money at either Holmes are Edwards.

Think the Jets will sign Edwards and Cro..think Holmes will get offered a huge contact elsewhere
    in a perfect world we get all 3 back but id sign up for this right now

I doubt Holmes will be offered a mega deal from anyone. I believe he has two strikes. Even just one strike gets some teams nervous about big money long term deals. He already missed four games to suspension who is going to risk losing him for a season for mega bucks.

He's going to get a big raise from his current rookie deal. But not as much as some may think though still a whole lot.

I think they both stay.

All League
    I read an article during the regular season about Braylon during the time he was on his way out in Cleveland. He said he was considering quitting football altogether - he didn't find meaning in his off the field life anymore. He said coming to the Jets changed his attitude and turned his life around.

In a way, I think "the beard" last year was a manifestation of the new person he felt he'd become. Too bad he cut it off to escape the media inflicted demons of his DWI, I think he really enjoyed having it.

Anyway, point is, I think this is more than a guy just being loyal to a team for the sake of loyalty and continuity. I think the Jets and this coaching staff and group of teammates legitimately shaped Braylon's life - and by that token, his feelings for the Jets are a lot more similar to our feelings for the Jets than they are to the typical salary-seeking player. It makes him a very rootable player, and I hope we can find a way to bring him back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    "It depends on the discount."
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
    i think he's sincere.

Hall Of Fame
    Cotch as a 2 over Braylon?

Okayyyyyyy then.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Do you know what this really says? I'll tell you what it says. It says in bold, capitalized letters, "TEAM PLAYER!!"

I couldn't be happier that BE wants to remain a Jet. He's a team player and he's proving that aspect each and every day he is here.
    Have to admit he has been good for the Jets

All Pro
    LOL

All Pro
    Hey there dreamer...WAKE UP! he he he. Is that you Randy?, or you Terrel?