Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This may not be the best thing to post during the lockout. But damn...!

This may not be the best thing to post during the lockout. But damn...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmM7Q...e_gdata_player

...Does this not make you a little jealous? Does this not make you want to punch someone? Does this not make you miss the nfl?

All League
    I remember hearing about some high school or D3 college football team that used to do something similar a while back

Veteran
    Ha, dorks. Is their competition a bunch of wussies that'll be afraid of that "display"? I always got a kick out of other teams acting tough before the whistle blew. Come 5 minutes left in the game when they're suckin' wind, they'll wish they saved the cheer routine for the women.

All Pro
    That dance was on "Friday Night Lights" last night for about 10 seconds.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    ghey

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmM7Q...e_gdata_player

...Does this not make you a little jealous? Does this not make you want to punch someone? Does this not make you miss the nfl?
    Waaa!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    ghey
    Yup

Undrafted Free Agent
    That was kind of weird.

All League
    The All Black's Haka is awesome and definitely not ghey.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Ha, dorks. Is their competition a bunch of wussies that'll be afraid of that "display"? I always got a kick out of other teams acting tough before the whistle blew. Come 5 minutes left in the game when they're suckin' wind, they'll wish they saved the cheer routine for the women.
    Sadly (for their opponents), the All Blacks are one of the best rugby teams in the world - it's usually the NZ players running straight through their opponents late in games.

Definitely not ghey. From the 2008 Rugby WC Final, I'd rather see this than a cheesy time wasting halftime show... 40 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3gz...tailpage#t=30s

I did manage to find a super ghey one though from 1973. This one makes me wanna punch myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyE...eature=related

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    The All Black's Haka is awesome and definitely not ghey.
    I agree on both fronts but I'm not sure it does anything suggested by the OP.

Veteran
    ahhh I love me some rugby.

played 1 and 3 myself.

Veteran
    rugby literarily makes football, in its current state, look like baseball in comparison.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    rugby literarily makes football, in its current state, look like baseball in comparison.
    The Yankees starting nine would kick their ass. Ask SAR!

All League
    My cool Rugby story:
    I had the pleasure (pleasure because he was on my team) of playing rugby with and working with Strormin' Norman Hadley while I was in Tokyo. The largest human being I have ever met in person, and I played Div. 2 football in Western Pa and was even was tackled once (well laid out) by Scott Merscereau when he played for Southern Conn. Norm Hadley dwarfed him and evryone else I played against. Norm is 6'7 and easily 350 with little fat. And he's not a nice giant. He has a mean streak. He worked for my company in London before coming to Tokyo and 2 hooligans were menacing people on the morning train. Norm warned them to stop and they wouldn't. So he beat the hell out of them. Cops came and he took off because he was afraid he'd get in trouble, but he became a media star and the Prime Minister made a speech in Parliment that London needed more Norm Hadleys' (even though he's Canadina LOL). Here's his wiki:

Norm Hadley
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Norman ("Norm") Hadley (born 2 December 1964 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) is a former professional rugby union player.

"Stormin' Norman" was a massive 6 foot 7", 21-stone (150-kg) lock. He played professionally first for London Wasps and then Bedford Blues in the 1990s. In Canada he played for James Bay and UBC Old Boys Ravens Vancouver Rugby Union, (he earned an M.B.A. degree from UBC in 1991. Previously he played for Western Suburbs in Wellington, New Zealand. He played for quarter-finalist Canada in the 1991 Rugby Union World Cup. In total he earned 15 caps for Canada between 1987 and 1994.
    Hadley captained his national side three times in 1992-3, including on October 17, 1992 at Wembley Stadium, a 13-26 (1 try to 4) loss to England. On that day Hadley eclipsed his English counterparts Wade Dooley and Martin Bayfield, and rallied an understrength Canadian side to a respectable outcome. Many however point to Canada's narrow defeat to the All Blacks in the 1991 World Cup as Canada's finest hour, where Hadley and a big, tough forward pack clearly had the upper hand over New Zealand. That highly-regarded 1991 World Cup Canadian team made a big impact defeating Fiji and Romania and giving both France and New Zealand such a torrid time. Always outspoken, a dispute with national team management saw him not play the 1995 World Cup, where his team desperately needed him in the tough pool that included South Africa and Australia.
    Following a dominant performance in the 1991 World Cup, he was named to the World Team (as selected by Rugby World magazine), and was subsequently chosen to play for the world selection Barbarians against the World Champions Australia at Twickenham in 1992. His locking partner for the Barbarians that day was All Black Ian Jones. He went on to represent the Barbarians another four times. He was named Athlete of the Year in his home town of Victoria, B.C. following the World Cup in 1991.
    While working in London and playing for Wasps, he gained perhaps his greatest notoriety for roughing up two hooligans on the London Underground, an act which not only earned him praiseworthy column inches in the British broadsheets and tabloids, but even gained him a mention in the House of Commons by then Prime Minister John Major. Already a well-known pundit on BBC TV's Rugby Special, offers for more TV appearances followed. Stormin' Norman was later named in Britain's Total Sport Magazine (August 1997 issue, the Blood and Guts, Hard Issue) as one of the World's 12 Toughest Sportsmen alongside Lance Armstrong and F1 racer Johnny Herbert. (Among the "Sporting Sissies" were boxers Roberto Duran and Riddick Bowe).
    A no-nonsense player's-player, who played a tough, aggressive, uncompromising game on the field, he was openly critical of the inability of Canadian management to adapt to the new professional environment. He seemed to walk away from the game when he still had more to offer, either as a player, coach, administrator or commentator, having once claimed on TV that if he weren't playing sport he could find many other things to do with his time than watch it or talk about it.
    He is the grandson of celebrated Oscar-Winning Hollywood cinematographer Osmond Borradaile.
    Hadley is currently Managing Director of a Global Investment Bank in Tokyo.

Undrafted Free Agent
    My kid played lax in Radnor Pa this weekend and during pregame warmups, the other team(from Pa) started taunting, running t-heir mouths and talking $hit while our guys got ready. Outcome? WE WON 8-1! Keep running your mouth, and show off. Games are won on the field...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    I dont think that "display" would effect their wind in the final 5 minutes. Those dudes are the best Rugby players in the world and they would destroy you (no offense). Definitely not dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    Definitely not ghey. From the 2008 Rugby WC Final, I'd rather see this than a cheesy time wasting halftime show... 40 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D3gz...tailpage#t=30s

Not gay.

I did manage to find a super ghey one though from 1973. This one makes me wanna punch myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emJyE...eature=related
    Super gay!

All Pro
    Just because they have sex with men, does not make them gay, and yes it makes me want to punch someone. All of them.