Thread: Salary Cap Info post-aso

Practice Squad

Salary Cap Info post-aso

Now that we lost out on Aso after the likes of several Jets players have reportedly restructured their deals in order to give us more cushion in the salary cap department, does anyone have any idea what our cap room looks like now? I understand it may be a pipe dream to believe that we can bring back Cro and Braylon with the current cap situation (not to mention the Braylon tweets and belief that Cromartie is going to demand stupid money), but is there any possibility of this happening? sorry if this has been mentioned in another thread its been a long night

Hall Of Fame
    I wouldn't ask.

You'll get an answer you and I won't like.
    Last edited by Vin; 07-30-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Veteran
    the Fo had a plan in place. otherwise they wouldnt have given nmadi a deadline to respond

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    the Fo had a plan in place. otherwise they wouldnt have given nmadi a deadline to respond
    They didn't give a deadline. The Eagles punked us. Look up the article, a Jets FO person (unnamed) said, "The Jets didn't pull out, the Jets lost".

I think this was pretty obvious at the time as well. There was no "deadline". We heard at 5:50 from Aso directly that it wasn't going to be us, and at 5:55 we claimed we pulled out. By 6:20 he's an Eagle officially. That's no deadline, that's Tannenbaum getting schooled by the big dogs.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    They didn't give a deadline. The Eagles punked us. Look up the article, a Jets FO person (unnamed) said, "The Jets didn't pull out, the Jets lost".

I think this was pretty obvious at the time as well. There was no "deadline". We heard at 5:50 from Aso directly that it wasn't going to be us, and at 5:55 we claimed we pulled out. By 6:20 he's an Eagle officially. That's no deadline, that's Tannenbaum getting schooled by the big dogs.
    which article is that? just curious. last i heard the jets had given their offer, and were waiting for a response from him. i was hoping for the jets discount, i dont think signing him for that much money would have given the jets a good chance of winning in the near future

which article is that? just curious. last i heard the jets had given their offer, and were waiting for a response from him. i was hoping for the jets discount, i dont think signing him for that much money would have given the jets a good chance of winning in the near future
    Exactly. From what I heard, we had a set offer and the FO was waiting for a response and never got one.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Debatable. But, I do think getting the #1 (or #2) CB in the entire NFL for 4 years/$60M is not a bad deal. He's getting like $8M less in guaranteed money than DE Charles got in Carolina.

Separately, it's absolutely true that the Jets got punked here. No one...and I mean NO ONE saw the Eagles coming into this. You've got local and national guys (Schefter, Cimini, Laconfora, etc.) all saying Jets v. Dallas. This was a coup d' etat by Philly....and very well done I might add. It sucks for us but it's reality. If the Eagles signed him for $11M per year I'd be pissed but Nnamdi got a market deal. I don't know if the Jets went there but my guess is the Jets were at atleast $11.5M per year.

The ink was drying on Nnamdi's new deal when the Jets supposedly "pulled out." You can't pull out of a pursuit when the guy tells you he's signing with another team.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    Exactly. From what I heard, we had a set offer and the FO was waiting for a response and never got one.
    That should have told Mike something right there. The offer was hanging out there. If it stews for a day....then two days....something is up. Nnamdi was out shopping and the Jets became a fallback for him.

Veteran
    whatever... now lets just kick the eagles ass in week 15!

All League
    It's on Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha

Quote:
    The Jets reportedly had no idea the Eagles were in the hunt for Nnamdi Asomugha "until near the end."
    The Eagles cold-played 'em. The Jets believed they had "some sort of understanding" with Asomugha if not necessarily a deal, according to CBSSports' Mike Freeman. The Eagles brain trust swooped in with a "phenomenal plan" developed by GM Howie Roseman and president Joe Banner before free agency began. "(The Jets) didn't pull out," one source said. "(The Jets) lost."