Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Osi Goes to the Patriots...

All League

If Osi Goes to the Patriots...

Are we looking at a long couple of years in the AFC East?

Am I the only one who fears this move being done by the Pats very soon?

I know they have 2 first round picks in the 2012 draft and they probably feel like they are one edge pass rusher away from another Super Bowl and frankly, I am just waiting for this trade to be announced...and when that happens, I am going to flip the **** out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Are we looking at a long couple of years in the AFC East?

Am I the only one who fears this move being done by the Pats very soon?

I know they have 2 first round picks in the 2012 draft and they probably feel like they are one edge pass rusher away from another Super Bowl and frankly, I am just waiting for this trade to be announced...and when that happens, I am going to flip the **** out.
    it will look good on paper but will flop down the stretch. The second Tom Brady is no longer a patriot they are no longer considered a threat.

Banned
    No, I'm not worried about that. We have one of the best pass blocking LT's in the game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    the Jets own the Pats. the Pats should be worried about the Jets not the other way around.

Osi wants BIG money. Only way a team spends for him is if they run a 4-3 defense. No way would a team risk that much on a project.

Hall Of Fame
    It's a move they SHOULD make.

It makes little sense for BB to keep hoarding draft picks like a crazy cat lady, when they could be using some of those assets to build a legit SB contender before Brady starts to decline.

I don't know if they'll pull the trigger, though. not only are Giants asking for a #1 pick, but Osi is asking for Top-5 DE money. that's a very steep price, and the Pats* are usually not the type to break the bank on an outsider.

Hall Of Fame
    STOP worrying about the Pats.

Worry about the Jets. Most likely, the Jets and Pats will split this year. So, what's most important will be what happens in the other 14 games.

Oh, and to Osi: he's not being traded without getting a $10 mil per deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    It's a move they SHOULD make.

It makes little sense for BB to keep hoarding draft picks like a crazy cat lady, when they could be using some of those assets to build a legit SB contender before Brady starts to decline.

I don't know if they'll pull the trigger, though. not only are Giants asking for a #1 pick, but Osi is asking for Top-5 DE money. that's a very steep price, and the Pats* are usually not the type to break the bank on an outsider.
    Remember how many were freaking out when they got Adalius Thomas from the Ravens?? He wasn't the nightmare everyone thought he was..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the Jets own the Pats. the Pats should be worried about the Jets not the other way around.
    Then why isn't it BB who is begging the league to help them beat the Jets? Who's really in who's head?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by GronkWelkhead View Post
    Then why isn't it BB who is begging the league to help them beat the Jets? Who's really in who's head?
    You only get to play them twice until the playoffs.. It would be nice if someone else besides the Ryan brothers would beat them..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Then we'll beat him too.

Hall Of Fame
    apparently, it's the Jets who are in BB's head that he's thinking about switching his entire defensive scheme and is gambling on not one, but TWO team cancers to help turn his team around.

so much for the 'Patriot* Way'

Banned
    I would imagine that any reasonable Patriots fan is at least somewhat concerned that his genius head coach with a HOF QB was completely out coached by a division rival in only his second year with a second year in the playoffs last year (at home).

He's not, unless he wants to play there for cheaper. The Pats don't have that kind of money to give Osi.
    But if they do it wouldn't matter because we got Brick lol

I would love to see Osi on the Pats, but I can only see them doing it for a #2 and less $$$ than Osi wants. Not going to get it done.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    No, I'm not worried about that. We have one of the best pass blocking LT's in the game.
    Im not worried about it either when we play them.....the problem is no one else can beat them and it would be nice to have a home playoff game this year.

Sent from my LG-P999

He's not getting by Brick but it does help the Pats against other teams.

hainsworth will show him the way.

All League
    The Chargers, Seahawks, Broncos, Ravens and Rams have expressed an interest in trading for Osi Umenyiora, sources tell the New York Daily News.
    None of these teams appear willing to meet the Giants' asking price of a first-round pick. But if the price is dropped to a second-rounder, the Giants may get someone to bite. The Daily News' sources cite the Rams as the team to watch -- former Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo now coaching in St. Louis.

****Looks like we MIGHT be in the clear

Hall Of Fame
    I have learned to never worry about the pats and all their yearly draft picks because they simply never use them. They would rather defer things each year, try and stay good but pass on all sorts of great young players. This past year they could have owned the draft and come away with multiple excellent young players. Instead they pass on a number of great young players and instead go and get guys like hainsworth and chad johnson.