Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon is looking for 5 years, 25 million. Sign him.

All Pro

Braylon is looking for 5 years, 25 million. Sign him.

According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, free agent Braylon Edwards may have to settle for a "one-year, prove-it deal" on the open market.
    We've noted previously that no teams are considering locking up Edwards long term, and this is more evidence. One Monday report from a Phoenix radio station claimed Edwards "lowered" his demands to $25 million over five seasons -- the Steve Breaston range -- but Braylon won't even get that. No team is going to risk dumping guaranteed money into a player they consider a "diva" with off-field issues and questions about his passion for the game.
    If this is true, Sign him, and trade Jco.

All Pro
    He is asking 5/25 offer 5/20 with an escape clause for behavior off the field and add the other 5 for good behavior, 1 per season

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    If this is true, Sign him, and trade Jco.
    i am wondering if the jets are basically waiting for prices to come down, all the while restructuring everything they can, etc, so they can pounce at some point.

Veteran
    call em gay but i want braylon back! So he's a DIVA..he's a WR not a QB

Hall Of Fame
    one year 3.5 million, no signing bonus, none guaranteed, take it or leave it with a morals clause that if he gets his big dumb arse arrested again for any reason at all, the deal is null and void

All League
    thats a ridiculous bargain... this guy BALLED for us two years in a row...

Banned
    So he slashed the price in half in one day? Funny what a little pacman jones-esque incident can do.

Banned
    Why couldn't you have said this from the start you idiot?

Veteran
    if thats the asking price, 4 years/16 million would be a nice deal IMO

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i am wondering if the jets are basically waiting for prices to come down, all the while restructuring everything they can, etc, so they can pounce at some point.
    I was thinking the exact same thing with the Jericho rumors floating around. From an on the field standpoint, great move if they can pull it off, off the field who knows.... Would be a hell of a red zone WR corps....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    one year 3.5 million, no signing bonus, none guaranteed, take it or leave it with a morals clause that if he gets his big dumb arse arrested again for any reason at all, the deal is null and void
    This. Let him prove himself once again and he can re-test FA again next year when he will have more time to try and brainwash GM's into thinking he is worth elite WR money.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagman5A View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing with the Jericho rumors floating around. From an on the field standpoint, great move if they can pull it off, off the field who knows.... Would be a hell of a red zone WR corps....
    It would also give Plax a lot more wiggle room to get aclimated to playing again rather than trial by fire.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    I can't wait until this jackass signs somewhere and we can quit talking about him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    here's TANNY's offer to braylon

NOTHING

+1 One year deals until he retires. The guy has great football skills bur no common sense skills whatsoever!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He wanted 5 yrs/$50M just two days ago. I started a thread about it when I heard it hear in Phoenix. $50M....Crazy talk!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This. Let him prove himself once again and he can re-test FA again next year when he will have more time to try and brainwash GM's into thinking he is worth elite WR money.
    You would rather see him test free agency than sign him at a reasonable rate for 4 or 5 years with an escape clause for bad behavior?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    here's TANNY's offer to braylon

NOTHING
    you've upset, Vin, bit

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    So he slashed the price in half in one day? Funny what a little pacman jones-esque incident can do.
    Yeah, like allow you to get Santonio Holmes for a 5th round draft pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    you've upset, Vin, bit
    lol. I'm just dying to hear a report that Braylon's agent reached out to Tanny and said he'd come back to the Jets for 2 yrs/$7M and Tanny said no. Vin would jump off a bridge.