Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellis and Wilkerson had each 3 sacks today?

Ellis and Wilkerson had each 3 sacks today?

Did I hear Rex correctly? 3 a piece? Then he mentioned Pito and how big that line looks.

Veteran
    i'm feelin' subway today.

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    i'm feelin' subway today.
    Huh?

All League
    Sweet mama Pito/Ellis/Wilk is a giant lineup indeed, must have been fun to watch!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Did I hear Rex correctly? 3 a piece? Then he mentioned Pito and how big that line looks.
    Hmm... That makes me scared of our OL.

All Pro
    I agree. Particularly one side of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I like the fact that NO ONE is talking about these two guys other than the coaches.....the league will get a dose real soon.

It's going to really suck when these guys don't come out and have multi-sack games in the beginning of the season and people start to call them busts.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeZiTe View Post
    It's going to really suck when these guys don't come out and have multi-sack games in the beginning of the season and people start to call them busts.
    Anybody who expects 3-4 DE's and NT's to get a bunch of sacks don't know football

Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Anybody who expects 3-4 DE's and NT's to get a bunch of sacks don't know football
    The OP's comment still stands lol

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    The OP's comment still stands lol
    Yeah the news sounds good, but in reality getting sacks in training camp is simple, all you have to do is get near the qb and the play is called dead.

Remember all the snippets from the past few years, "Gholston had 2 sacks today, Vernon would of had 3 sacks today". It really doesn't mean much.

Yeah the news sounds good, but in reality getting sacks in training camp is simple, all you have to do is get near the qb and the play is called dead.

Remember all the snippets from the past few years, "Gholston had 2 sacks today, Vernon would of had 3 sacks today". It really doesn't mean much.
    i totally agree i was making a joke, because people will still be dissapointed and call them busts since they don't know **** about football..

lol nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    i totally agree i was making a joke, because people will still be dissapointed and call them busts since they don't know **** about football..

lol nevermind
    Exactly.

The truth is that both those kids have tremendous talent, especially Wilkerson, that kid's upside is through the roof.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Did I hear Rex correctly? 3 a piece?

sounds like Big Vlad suited up

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    +1000000

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

... hahahahahaaa ...

... if they base it on performance he might take 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place in big ugly this year ...

l_j_r

a little too soon to project training camp heroics into the regular season. let these guys crush the olines in real games and then start touting them. to be sure, these guys certainly will have a chance to play a lot. let's hope they produce as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    a little too soon to project training camp heroics into the regular season. let these guys crush the olines in real games and then start touting them. to be sure, these guys certainly will have a chance to play a lot. let's hope they produce as well.
    Agreed in spades but hearing something is better than hearing nothing.

With Abraham for example we were hearing about the impact he was making on the field from the first practice session onwards. With Gholston, I hate to disagree with an earlier poster but we never heard a peep about him disrupting plays or getting to the QB. That was true for regular season, preseason, training camp and even OTA's. We heard about him giving good effort and getting better but we never heard that he was being effective in pressuring the QB.

All in all I will take this fluffy report with a large grain of salt but I will take it nonetheless.

Hall Of Fame
    A "bunch", no. BUT, in Rex/Phillips "attacking style" 3-4 rather than Belichick's "read & react" 3-4, the DE's and NTs have a greater opportunity for sacks and negative yardage plays. That's why Ellis had the most sacks by any 3-4 DE. It's the nature of the system.

Rex's DE and NTs are supposed to collapse the pocket, break through the line and either force a quick, errant pass or tackle the RB for a loss.